intro

coffee and butterflies (in my stomach)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


There are some things that even science can’t explain, just like how she was feeling that day. Hitomi chose to brush it off and decided to enjoy her warm coffee. It’s only early in the morning. The sun has just risen. Everything is fine so far. 

 

Living alone, it’s already given that your own place is quiet. Only to be filled with noise when you’re home, the neighbors doing whatever, or the sounds of animals. Some people think it’s sad, even telling her that she should find a partner so she can be happy. 

 

But she doesn't need any of that. And she’s already content so what? She’s fine alone thank you very much. 

 

She travelled her way to the office, eating a sandwich on the subway. She still has an hour and half left anyway, so it’s okay. 

 

Once she arrived, she started to work right away. Hitomi’s been working here for two years now. The job is fine, her coworkers are friendly and this company pays really well. It is rare to find a healthy working environment such as this. 

 

“Good morning,” her coworker and friend named Yuri, greeted her with a smile. 

 

“Good morning,” Hitomi greeted back. Yuri sat on her chair, already opening her computer to start working too. The rest came after, each greeting the young woman with smiles. 

 

Things became hectic later, with files and other things needing to be submitted on time. Series of reports, neverendi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter