Last.

Because I like you

It was finally summer break which meant almost everyone from their friend group was no longer busy with school. Some were unlucky since they brought their school work and huddled in one corner while the rest played games in the living room. Minjoo was part of the unlucky group as she slumped over the table. “Why can’t we just work on this before classes resume?” Minjoo’s voice was slightly muffled as she continued to rest her head on top of her notes. “I don’t know about you, but mine is already due and I might as well pass it as soon as possible and join them when I finish passing it.” Chaewon sighs as she looks away from her laptop’s screen to look at the younger. Finally looking up, she rests her chin on her notes as she stares at their friends who were playing Uno.

“I mean now that I think about it, mine is due after a week when classes resume again, but I want to work on this now so I get to enjoy summer break.” Minjoo pouts as her gaze locks with Yena who was frantically waving her arms. “Min! How’s the project doing?” She beamed and Minjoo couldn’t help but turn slightly red before shrugging. Yena pouts as she nods her head. “Aren’t you going to ask about me, Yena unnie?” Chaewon teased and Yena stuck out her tongue before going back to playing. Minjoo laughs at their interaction as Chaewon clicks her tongue before going back to typing. “Man, what do you even see in her, Min?” Chaewon whispers, not bothering to look at Minjoo who had her eyes wide open.

Trying to play dumbfounded seemed to fail as Chaewon laughed. “Honestly, what do you like about Yena unnie?” Chaewon stretches before closing her laptop. Leaning on the couch as she plays with her pen, she waits for Minjoo to respond. “You know how, she's really smart,” Chaewon lets out a laugh before apologizing to Minjoo and urging her to continue. Clearly she looks back at their friends who seemed to be ganging up on Yena as they collectively made her draw 4 cards which led to her having trouble with holding all the cards that she had gotten from them. “But like, the next thing you know, she’s just going to say something questionable.” Minjoo looks at Chaewon who just patiently waited for Minjoo to finish. Staring at her notes she finds herself smiling. “And when she would make us smile whenever the atmosphere seemed gloomy. And how-”

Minjoo was interrupted when they both heard a loud squeal as well as disapproving noises coming from the living room. Surprisingly it seemed as though Yena had won the game. Both Chaewon and Minjoo could hear Yena laughing at them as they all just stare at her in disbelief. The sight of Yena laughing and smiling made Minjoo’s heart feel all sorts of things as Yena watched them continue playing.

“-her smile just brightens my day.” Minjoo finishes but it comes off as a whisper as Chaewon nods her head. “Well, I’m not supposed to say anything but I’m sure Yena unnie feels the same way.” Chaewon smiles as they look at Yena who is approaching them.

“Did you guys see that? Even though I had a lot of cards I still won.”

“You probably cheated.”

“I certainly did not, Chaewonie. Minjoo look, Chaewon is bullying me again!” Yena complains as she sits beside Minjoo. “Why are you asking for my help? I’m the youngest between us three.” Minjoo teased which made Yena pout. “I thought you were on my side, Min.” Minjoo lets out a laugh as she allows Yena to engulf her into a tight hug.

“Well I’ve seen enough; I’m going to join them.” Chaewon cleared as she stood up before winking at Minjoo. “You’re just bitter.” Yena retorted, Chaewon just shakes her head as she walks towards their group of friends before sitting beside Yuri.

“Did you finish the project?” Yena asks as she lets Minjoo rest her head on her shoulder. “I’m almost finished with it, but I’ve lost all my energy to finish it.” Minjoo admits as she closes her laptop. “Well I can help you, but as of right now I suppose it wouldn’t hurt for you to rest.” Yena whispers as plays with Minjoo’s hair. Yena was probably right, a bit of rest wouldn’t hurt. “I’ll rest for a while; will that be okay?” Minjoo asks as she lifts her head to look at the older who smiled fondly before patting her lap. “You need all the rest you can get, Min.” Minjoo finds herself smiling as she rests her head on Yena’s lap.

It was pretty quick for Minjoo to fall asleep and once Yena was sure that Minjoo was asleep, she opened Minjoo’s laptop before cracking her knuckles. “Well time to see what I can do to help.” Yena whispers before looking down at Minjoo who was still deep in sleep.

“I shouldn’t be doing this knowing that you’ll get mad at me, but you at least need to enjoy your summer break.”

“Hope you’re sleeping well.” Yena whispers as she plays with Minjoo’s hair. “Whoa there, you guys a thing now or?” Yujin suddenly showed up with an empty bowl. Yena hushed the younger one as she pointed at Minjoo who was sleeping peacefully. Thankfully Yujin had quickly realized before apologizing.

Once the younger had disappeared inside the kitchen. It made Yena think, what exactly was their relationship?

“What is with this lesson, how come I didn’t come across this topic when I was in Minjoo’s year?” Yena complains as she reads through Minjoo’s organized notes. Once she had grasped the idea as to how she should do it she quickly typed the essay as well as making it sure that it would seem like MInjoo had typed it.

When Yena had finally finished she let out a sigh of relief but then she felt Minjoo stirring a bit, Yena was startled when Minjoo had sat up groggily. “Yena unnie, what are you doing?” Her voice was laced with sleepiness as she looked at Yena who was about to close her laptop. “I finished your project, wait no before you get mad at me-”

“Get mad at you? Why would I? I’m just surprised you actually finished it.” Minjoo yawned as she rested her head on Yena’s shoulder. “But why though?” Minjoo asks.

“Why?” Yena feels Minjoo nod as Yena gulps. “Because I like you.” Yena blurted out which surprised both of them. “Because of what?” Minjoo asked as Yena covered her face, hiding the obvious blush that had spread up to her ears. “I’m not saying it again.”

“I like you too, unnie.”

“Wait what, can you say that again?”

“Now why would I say it again?” Minjoo teased which earned a whine from the older one. “But on a serious note, now you can enjoy summer break!” Yena smiled to which Minjoo smiled back. “Let’s go on a date tomorrow!” Yena declares as she pulls Minjoo closer. Yena didn’t need to know Minjoo’s answer knowing