final

haunted house
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

enjoy.

-

If there’s one thing people see Kang Seulgi as, is brave. The college sophomore is excels not only in academics but all the extracurricular activities she takes part in. Although, most students know her because she’s not afraid of speaking her mind and standing up against people to defend others and her beliefs. It’s not something everyone is able to do.

At first sight anyone would think she’s just a delicate feminine girl, but behind those curves and skirts hides a strong fearful woman. She practices mainly boxing as her favorite sport, but she’s taken taekwondo lessons since she was a child. She’s more than capable of defending herself, she’s not one to be underestimated. 

Nonetheless, someone seemingly perfect can’t actually be it. Only her closest friends know about it, and even though it’s nothing uncommon, Seulgi feels ashamed about it.

She’s scared of horror movies, Halloween and everything related to scary things. The faces, the costumes, props, all of that gives her chills and definitely not the good kind.

Her friends insisted on taking her to a haunted house right on October 31st, the perfect day according to them and probably everyone else.

“You have to face your fears, unnie”, Yerim patted her back. “Besides, we’ll be with you and it’ll be fun”.

Seulgi refused multiple times, but her friends were too persuasive and she ended up agreeing, whether it was to shut them up or because she believed they were right. Either way she was now standing here, outside the front door.

It was freezing that night and she stuffed her hands in her the pockets of her coat. She didn’t know if she was shaking thanks to the cold weather or fear.

“Come on, the sooner we get through this the better”, Sooyoung tugged at her arm dragging her towards the door.

Seulgi eyed the place. There was a guard just outside the door and the building looked pretty normal aside from the big sign in crooked letters that displayed ‘Haunted House’ right above the door.

She looked at her best friend with worry and the shorter girl just squeezed her arm and gave her a warm smile. “She’s right, we’ll be done with it before you know it”, she nodded at Seungwan’s words. 

This whole thing may look silly in the eyes of an outsider, but for Seulgi it was something serious. She trusted her friends, though.

The four girls walked inside after the guard opened the door for them, offering a court nod before closing it.

As soon as it closed, Seulgi clung onto Sooyoung probably because she was taller and she felt safer. Her eyes scanned the hallway and it was barely lit, a dim red light was the only vision provided. The girl chuckled and softly pushed Seulgi away.

“You’ll be fine”, another pat on her back and they started walking.

As expected, Sooyoung went in first, followed by Seulgi, then Yerim and lastly Seungwan.

There was the usual fake spider webs attached to both sides of the walls, which where covered in some black fabric. Every now and then a fake animal, mostly a spider, would fall from the ceiling making Seulgi jump a little.

It didn’t look so bad so far. She could do this.

Turning around a corner, Seulgi felt her heart leave her chest when a sudden piercing scream filled their ears at the same time a mechanic type of creature appeared from inside the walls. She clung onto Sooyoung’s clothes and screamed. She heard the rest of her friends get scared too, but they laughed it off afterwards. Seulgi was still shaking.

“It’s okay, unnie. It’s just fake”, Yerim spoke chuckling shortly.

Seulgi wanted to go back and get out of there, but her pride was also weighing her options. She wasn’t a coward. She took a deep breath and they started walking again.

For the rest of the way, Seulgi kept jumping and almost screaming at any little thing that popped out of nowhere, but nothing as scary as the thing from before.

Seulgi didn’t know if this was a good or a bad haunted house, but in case this was bad she couldn’t imagine what the good ones would be like.

They were walking down a slightly narrower hallway, blue lights lighting their way. She heard Seungwan say they were almost finished.

Seulgi sighed thankful that this would be over soon.

She was looking down at her shoes, one of her hands holding Sooyoung’s coat to help her guide her. She raised her head every now and then but she risked coming face to face with something horrific.

—Well, if we’re being honest this could’ve gone- OH MY GOD”, Yerim yelled suddenly and back away until her back hit the wall.

The rest of the girls looked in her direction and they all saw someone dressed in a clown suit, but with the most scary makeup they had ever seen. The person had fake blood on their face and sharp big teeth displayed in a maniac smile, making it seem like their mouth had been slashed and dark eyes, white and black paint on their face.

Seulgi let out the loudest scream of the night and her instincts kicked in without her even processing it. In the moment, she raised her fist and threw the hardest punch she could to the person’s face.

The clown groaned loudly and fell to the floor holding their face with one hand, not even playing their character anymore.

All the girls gasped and Seulgi covered with her hands looking down at the person, who now Seulgi realized was a girl.

“”, she heard her say and Seulgi immediately felt guilty and kneeled down next to her.

“I’m so sorry, oh my God- can someone- where are the lights, I can’t even see properly”, she looked around frustrated because she wanted to help, but the lack of lighting wasn’t in her favor. She couldn’t check how she was doing thanks to her impulses.

“You ing broke my nose or something”, her voice was muffled, but it they were able to understand. Seulgi could hear the anger in her voice.

“I-I’m really sorry, I didn’t mean to”, she fidgeted with her hands.

The girl took her hand away from her face and Seulgi watched her take off the fake teeth. She mumbled something she didn’t understand, but the guilt was starting to eat her up.

The lights were suddenly and they all squinted their eyes getting used to the brightness. Seulgi looked at the girl and gasped when she saw clearer the way her nose was bleeding and part of too, her hand was covered in blood.

“So much for special effects, huh?”, Yerim said under her breath, but loud enough to earn her a jab in the ribs from Seungwan.

“Please, let me help you”, Seulgi extended her hand and the girl looked up, her features displaying annoyance. Nonetheless, she took Seulgi’s hand with her free one and the latter helped her up.

“Joohyun-ah, what happened? Are you okay?”, a tall guy appeared from the other side and gasped when he saw the girl. “Well, this is new”.

“I’m so sorry, this is my fault. Please allow me to take her to the hospital, it’s the least I can do. Her nose may be broken”, she turned to the guy, who raised both eyebrows in surprise.

“You ladies have a strong fist. Sure, go ahead, I’m sure my baby sister won’t mind spending time with pretty girls”, he chuckled earning an eye roll from Joohyun.

Seulgi blushed for some reason, but ignored it as she shyly extended her hand to guide the girl out of the house.

“Have fun with your clown costume at the hospital, Hyun!”, they heard the guy yell after them to which Joohyun replied with an ‘’ through gritted teeth.

“I really am-“.

“Stop apologizing. I know you’re sorry”, her tone was harsh. “Don’t ever come into these places if your first instinct is to punch someone in the face”, Seulgi lowered her head a little, feeling bad. She didn’t say anything to her after.

They walked ahead of the rest and Yerim pointed at the pair with a mischievous grin o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter