FIN

Love and Betrayal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note : The story, all name, characters, and incidents portrayed in this story are fictitious. The character inside this story is just based on my imagination and there’s no relation to the reality. Hope you enjoy the story. Do comment if there’s lacking and I will try to fix it in the future.

 

Chorong has been waiting for tomorrow. It's their 5th anniversary and Chorong finally finished her internship at a hospital after a few years struggling in med school and automatically get to work as a permanent worker there. It's been three months since she last met her girlfriend because she is working as a special squad soldier and will come back once her mission is over. Her girlfriend will get a few weeks off after finishing one mission before receiving a new mission.

 

All her excitement to meet her fiancé going down the drain when she saw the two bright red line on the pregnancy test. She just noticed that her period was late for a couple of months already. And she had been acting weird since last month. Even her co-worker, Bomi noticed that she had been weird. She has been craving weird food that is hard to find in Korea like durian and weird combination of food like ice cream with pickle on top.

 

Once she saw the pregnancy test, she falls on the floor, crying hard. With wobbly legs, she takes her phone and call Bomi.

 

"Bom-ah... It's.... I'm pre- pregnant." She was wailing and Bomi quickly hang up the phone and ran to Chorong's apartment three floors up from her own apartment.

 

"Unnie! Open the door!" Bomi bang the door once she arrived. When Chorong didn’t open the door, she searches for the key under the floor mat and open the door. She saw Chorong already unconscious on the floor beside her bed.

 

She ran and checked her pulse, before taking Chorong in her arm and lift her to the bed. She took her phone and called her mentor, Dr Son Seungwan a well know obstetrician in the hospital they both works. After almost half an hour, Dr Son arrive at Chorong's apartment and quickly do a check up on her.

 

"Don’t get me wrong but why are you calling me, Bomi? You're a doctor yourself. Can't you check up on her?" Seungwan ask while running the stethoscope on Chorong's chest.

 

"I could, but... before I came, she called me and told me that she is pregnant. That's why I call you, Dr Son." Bomi explained.

 

"What?!" Dr Son unbelievably look straight to Bomi before looking at the unconscious Chorong.

 

"I don't know how..." Bomi said.

 

" She's okay. Just fatigue and shocked that lead her to pass out. You should called her parents, and when she woke up, bring her to see me. I will be at the hospital till late night."

 

"No..." Chorong who just grow consciousness said, holding Dr Son arm weakly.

 

"Chorong-ah... Are you okay?" Bomi asked and Chorong nodded.

 

"You should call your parent to take care of you and the baby." Dr Son said. Hearing the word baby make Chorong tear up.

 

"No... I'm okay. Can I know, how months?" She asks, wiping her tears.

 

"I couldn't confirmed yet, but let's go to the hospital. I will do a proper examination on you." Dr Son said, putting her things back into her bag. Bomi helped Chorong to change her clothes before going to the hospital with Dr Son. The ride to the hospital was a quite one except for sniffing from Chorong. Once they arrived, Dr Son started her examination.

 

"Well, I'm shocked, and can’t believe that I will say this to you this soon. But anyway, congratulation, you're 2 and half months pregnant. " Dr Son said. Chorong just cried harder and Bomi with all her might, tried to keep her calm.

 

"Unnie..."

 

After saw Chorong already calm down, Dr Son explained about the things to do and not to do during pregnancy. Bomi hear it carefully while Chorong just stared into the space. Her tears dried already.

 

"I will give her a week leave. Take care and don't hesitate to call me if you need help. Okay, Chorong?" Dr Son said. She takes Chorong in her arms and pat her head, silently gave her support. Chorong nodded before she and Bomi walk out from the hospital, going back to Chorong's house.

 

"Unnie... I'm sorry but I need to ask you something. When is the last time you together with Eunji?"

 

"The last visit, around 3 months ago."

 

"The last time you have ?" Bomi asked. Chorong turn her head to Bomi. "I'm not cheating on Eunji."

 

"I know unnie... But do you remember that party? A week after Eunji go back to the camp?" Chorong hesitantly nodded.

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

"Let's go to the club, unnie. We finally finished our last thesis." Bomi said, tugging on Chorong's arm pouting cutely.

 

"You know that my alcohol tolerance is low, and I hate club right?" Chorong rolled her eyes.

 

"But... unnie... just this time. You know that we all stress to do the last thesis, right? Let's go... Just for tonight." Bomi whined making Chorong annoyed.

 

"Fine... but we should go back before 12. Eunji will be calling."

 

"Assa!! I promise!" Bomi do the fist pump before dragging Chorong to the changing room getting ready to go out. Not only Chorong and Bomi, but they also met their fellow classmates that want to drink their stress away.

 

It's Chorong 3rd bottle and she already almost banging her head on the table when someone hold her head and put it on his shoulder. Chorong instantly fall asleep because the alcohol already took over her. Bomi was in the bathroom when the man brings Chorong out from the club.

 

The next morning, Chorong woke up alone in the hotel room just in front of the bar. She holds her head, not remembering a thing that happen that night. She panicked and called Bomi. When Bomi fetched her, Chorong cried.

 

"I'm sorry unnie, when I walked out from the bathroom, you are already nowhere. The others also were busy dancing and drunk to remember. But the bartender saw a man walk you out." Bomi explained.

 

"I... I feel dirty. I need to go home." Chorong said. They didn't talk about it again because Chorong refused to talk about it.

 

END OF FLASHBACK

(Note again : Eunji is a futa in this story.)

 

"Bomi... Eunji is coming back tomorrow...What should I do?" Chorong pleaded. They are in Chorong's bedroom.

 

"I don’t know too unnie. The baby fits the date where 'that' happen. We can't confirmed that it was his or Eunji." Bomi said, carefully patting Chorong's head. Soon, Chorong fall asleep crying again in Bomi's arm. Bomi was awake all night because Chorong keep having a nightmare and cried suddenly.

 

The next morning, both wake up when they hear the doorbell. Chorong walk to the door to greet whoever it is and was shocked when she saw Eunji in front of her, holding a human size teddy bear.

 

"Baby!! I miss you!" Eunji hug her tightly after putting the bear on the floor. Chorong's tear fall when she hears Eunji's voice. Bomi hear it and walk to the front door.

 

"Oh Bomi, you're here." Eunji said.

 

"Hi Eunji... Long time no see." Bomi greeted. Chorong take the luggage and Eunji carried the bear inside.

 

"Eunji-ah... We need to talk." Chorong shakily said. Eunji stop walking and turn, the look in Chorong's face is unreadable. Making her frightened,

 

"Hey baby... are you okay?" Eunji pulled Chorong to the sofa, noticing the lack of emotion from Chorong. Usually, Chorong already jumping when she saw her.

 

"I'm.... I'm ... pregnant. 2 months and a half" Chorong said, it takes Eunji a few second to process. and when she takes it all inside her head, she releases Chorong's hand that she has been holding. Chorong cried when she saw Eunji's pale face.

 

"2 months and half? But... the last time we do it is 3 months ago." Eunji said. Chorong nodded.

 

"After you left, me and Bomi go to the bar to celebrate our last thesis that done two weeks after you left. I-It was an accident... I was drunk...."

 

"You cheated?!!" Eunji shrieked. She pushed Chorong's hand that tried to hold her and stand up. Wiping her faced harshly.

 

"I-t was an ac-accident Eunji-ah! I don't remember anything that night." Chorong explained. it hurt her looking Eunji so devastated.

 

"Still... you cheated on me. A-and you're pregnant..." Eunji fall on her knees, crying.

 

"I'm s-sorry Eunji-ah... " Chorong also fall on her knees in front of Eunji and hug her. But Eunji not returning the hug.

 

"Eunji-ah... I'm sorry... I love you.. so much. Please don't leave me... " Chorong pleaded. She knew that she is selfish to ask Eunji to stay when she already pregnant with someone else.

 

"I need time. I'm going." Eunji suddenly stand up, making Chorong forcefully release the hug. Seeing Eunji take her luggage, Chorong ran to back hug her.

 

"Please.. I love you.. don't leave me." Chorong said, gripping tightly on Eunji's soldier uniform.

 

"Let go. I'm going." Eunji coldly said. Her voice turns cold.

 

"No... Please..." Chorong tighten. Eunji turn and forcefully pushed Chorong off her, making Chorong stumble a few steps back.

 

"No! You cheated on me. I trusted you... but you..." Eunji take her luggage and walk to the door, slamming it after she go out. Bomi ran to Chorong when she saw Chorong fall on her knees again.

 

"Unnie..."

 

"Eunji-ah... I'm sorry.. Please come back...." Chorong keep repeating the word until she fainted again. This time, Bomi called the ambulance because Chorong pulse weakened, and a trail of blood ran down her leg.

 

It's been three days since Chorong was admitted to the hospital. Dr Son decided to keep her in her watch since the bleeding didn't stop, and it worried her because Chorong has potential to have miscarriage.

 

"Unnie... please eat a little.. You've been hurting yourself and the baby if you keep doing that." Bomi said.

 

"I don't want it." Chorong huffed. She keeps her eyes closed and turn her head to the opposite way.

 

"Unnie.. please. What do you want? I will try to get it for you." Bomi said trying to coax her.

 

"Really?" Chorong suddenly turned. Her eyes glimmering with hope. Bomi saw it and have a feeling that this will bring her to the dead end.

 

"Yes unnie... As long as you keep eating for you and the baby." Bomi tried to feed her again, but Chorong turn her head.

 

"Promise?" Chorong lift her pinkie, and Bomi hesitantly bring her pinkie too.

 

"Promise." Bomi smiled.

 

"Okay then." Chorong open when Bomi feed her the porridge.

“So… about your promise…” Chorong started. She already finished the porridge along with the medicine.

“Okay… Just tell me. I will try my best to find it for you.” Bomi said, putting away the bowl and plate on the cart back.

“I want you to bring Eunji back… But I know it must be impossible. Since she already left.” Chorong started. Her voice low. A day after Eunji left, Bomi received a phone call from Eunji. Telling her that Eunji will go back to the camp for a special mission, and she is sorry for anything she done wrong. She asked Bomi to take care of Chorong and hoping that Chorong and the baby father will be happy. Bomi just listening to Eunji, not wanting to interrupt. She knew Eunji like the back of her hand, they have been together since in orphanage and high school is where they both befriend with Chorong. She knew how their love story begin and now maybe ended, forever. Eunji also said that she may not be able to comeback for a few months, stating that the mission is a hard one and not to forget to keep in touch by sending the letter to her. After the call, Bomi cried. The feeling of losing a friend take over her. Luckily, her mentor is there to give her energy and support.

“I need help in finding the baby father. I don’t know him, but maybe we could search through the CCTV at the bar and motel?” Chorong said.

“Unnie… Are you…”

“No. I’m not having a bastard as my partner. I just want to let him know that his action that night ruin my life, but I will not harming an innocent life. I just want him to sign the paper that I make yesterday, to make sure he will never meet my child. I’m capable to take care of my own child.” Chorong said. She takes out a paper from the drawer, giving it to Bomi.

“Unnie… Are you sure?” Bomi look at the paper.

“I’m dead serious. I already discuss it with Dr Son. She said that there’s nursery to help taking care of the doctors babies upstairs. I could send my child there.” Chorong explained.

Bomi nodded. She takes the paper and put it back in the drawer.

“Okay. I’ll try. But… Let’s get you to rest first.” Bomi pushed Chorong to lay on her back before pulling the blanket to cover Chorong’s body. a few minutes later, Chorong fell asleep. After making sure that Chorong get comfortable, Bomi take the paper and walk out from the room.

 

 

Eunji is angry, hurt and at the same time, feeling sympathy for Chorong. She knew that Chorong was admitted to the hospital after she left. She was even there all day, but don’t want to show herself. Her heart hurt seeing the love of her life laying lifelessly on the hospital bed with IV drip on her hand.

After thinking deeply, she decided to call Bomi.

“Hello, Bomi-ah”

“Hello Eunji-ah… Unnie…”

“I know… “

“H-How… Eunji-ah, please… let me explain first, it was not her fault. I’m at fault. I left her alone to go to the bathroom and when I got back, she already gone. I was trying to find her, but the bartender said some men take her away. You know how she is with alcohol. Please… Come back. She needs you.” Bomi sobs.

“I… I can’t… I’m angry and I don’t know what I will do if I saw her. Please… Don’t force me and please… Understand me.” Eunji also sobbing already.

“Look.. Let’s find somewhere else and talk. Okay?” Bomi said.

“No… I-I’m already go back to the camp.” Bomi fall back to her seat. Frustratingly wipe her face.

“Eunji-ah…”

“Don’t worry. I’ll be fine. But now… Please, take care of her. Tell her that I’m sorry for everything. I know it not her fault, but I couldn’t help it. There’s weird feeling every time I remembered that night. I couldn’t forget it. Just take care of her, and please don’t let her harm herself. I will go back to the camp, my leader called me for a special mission. So, maybe I will not coming back soon. Just write me a letter if you missed me. I will reply to it. Don’t worry about me. You two take care.” Eunji wipe out her tears.

“Eunji-ah…”

“Oh, please told her that I’m happy for her and c-congrats… for the baby, I mean” Eunji chuckled.

“I-I will. Please take care of yourself. Huh? Tell me whenever you come back. I will personally fetch you at the camp.”

“I-I will. Thanks, Bom-ah… I love you”

“I love you too buddy.”

Eunji hang up the phone. She cried for a few minutes again before calling her chief.

 

 

Bomi has been crazy with her work, Chorong and trying to fulfill her promise. Chorong already go back to her house and getting better. She will come back to work on Monday, and it is Saturday today. Chorong and Bomi want to go to the motel, to take a copy of the CCTV. They ride a cab to go to the motel. Unlucky, the CCTV  at the motel was broken but they get the CCTV from the bar.

After securing the video, they both ride back to their apartment. Dr Son already told Chorong to lessen her activities since the baby is still weak.

“Bom-ah, if we find out who he is. How should we met him?” Chorong said.

“Unnie, remember Hayoung? Our junior. She is a police officer now. We could get her help.” Bomi said. She pulled out her phone to text Hayoung.

A few minutes later, they arrive at the apartment complex.

Bomi help Chorong to get to her apartment first. She decided to keep Chorong company for meanwhile till her pregnancy is strong enough. She takes out a bottle of water and sit on the couch. Waiting for Hayoung reply. Chorong already take a rest inside her room.

‘Hiya unnie… Sorry for the late reply. Duty call’

‘No problem’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter