End

Misfortunate
Please log in to read the full chapter

"No, there is no way in hell I'm doing this." Hyukjae stormed out of the game arcade with an irritated expression on his face. Jongwoon came behind him, wrapping a scarf around his neck and watched the younger man amusedly. 

"Well, you lost, and the rule was that-" the older man started explaining, shifting closer to Hyukjae.

"I know what the ing rule was, I created it." The sour expression of Hyukjae soon changed to a pouting one. Both men walked next to each other on the sidewalk continuing their conversation.

"Even more why you should follow it, mister Lee," Jongwoon stated gleefully. 

"No. Pick something else." Hyukjae stopped in his tracks and complained. Jongwoon also ceased his walking and turned around to face the younger man.

"That is my final decision, and you won't be able to change my mind." Jongwoon raised an eyebrow and turned around to carry on his walking. Hyukjae puffed his cheeks, looking like a blowfish and exhaled air, his breath visible from the cold temperature. He sprinted a bit to catch up with Jongwoon.

"Hyung, it's for the whole day. It's too embarrassing." He grumbled, grabbing the older man’s forearm and squeezing it.

"It's not like you're going anywhere. We'll be in my place the whole day." Jongwoon clarified calmly, unshaken by Hyukjae’s protests. The younger man narrowed his eyes at Jongwoon for a while, moving his hand away from the man in displeasure. Hyukjae was certainly going to have his revenge on Jongwoon when the chance arrived. Oh, yes, it would be glorious. The older man was going to be sorry for even thinking about giving Hyukjae such a ridiculous request. 

They continued their walk towards Jongwoon’s place in silence which wasn’t far from where they went to play games. Both men made plans to hang out today as they haven’t been able to do anything recently - just the two of them. Usually, they would spend time together somewhere quiet and secluded but as much as Hyukjae enjoyed the quality talks and comfortable silence with his hyung, he needed some activity in his life. So Hyukjae chose a gaming arcade to have a change of pace in their hangouts, which led to Hyukjae’s competitive side being ignited. Jongwoon being the good hyung he was, he accepted Hyukjae’s little competition. In the end, the younger man was obliterated by his hyung. Hyukjae couldn’t believe it. 


As they were coming closer to the complex, an unexpected thought hit Hyukjae. 

"What about your family?" He said with a tremble in his voice. 

"I'll tell them you lost miserably in a game." Jongwoon looked at the younger man with amusement but as soon as he saw the petrified face of the younger he tried to calm him down. “Don’t worry; no one’s going to be home for a few days, Dongba.”

"Hyuuung, please, I'll do anything else but this," Hyukjae complained, gripping Jongwoon’s arm and stopping him just in front of the entrance of the building. The older man turned around and pulled Hyukjae towards him, blowing air in his face.   

"It's final." Jongwoon dragged Hyukjae inside, heading for the elevator. 

“Hyung, you’re going to be so sorry about this. You’ll end up apologizing.” The younger man threatened but let Jongwoon pull him inside the elevator. The older man chuckled as he pressed a button.

“Oh, is that right? I can’t wait to see what you come up with. I’m sure it’ll be something quite interesting.” Jongwoon teased the younger man with a sarcastic tone as he pressed closer to Hyukjae.

“Are you looking down on me?” Hyukjae questioned with widened eyes.

Jongwoon just gave a smile to the younger and shifted his head closer to the younger’s, his lips brushing Hyukjae’s ear. 

“I would never, Hyukie.” Jongwoon moved away from the younger, watching Hyukjae’s face that was already reddened from the cold deepen its colour. 

“We’ll see about that,” Hyukjae grumbled and turned his head towards the elevator’s door, avoiding Jongwoon’s eyes.

Jongwoon laughed softly just as the door opened to the floor they were getting off. Hyukjae escaped the small space as quickly as possible, heading towards Jongwoon’s apartment. 

 

Once inside Jongwoon instructed Hyukjae to go to his bedroom and undress while the older man got the clothes.

“Wait. Are we doing it now, hyung?” The younger man was caught by surprise as Jongwoon informed him of the fast-moving bet, while he was taking his jacket off. Melo and Kkoming appeared from the kitchen and circled Hyukjae’s legs for a bit before going after their owner. 

“No better time than the present, right Hyukie? You’re already here so may as well do it now. I don’t want you to be nervous about when I’m going to ask you to do it. And we don’t know when we’ll have free time again.” Jongwoon explained as he moved around the place. 

“That’s not the point, hyung. Where are you getting those clothes from?” Hyukjae mumbled as he headed for Jongwoon’s bedroom. He sat on the bed, still unsure by the turnout of the events. Jongwoon told him to undress but he just got rid of the thick layers and kept his jeans and blouse, sitting jittery on the bed. 

“I hope you haven’t gained weight because the size it’s the same as at the concert but knowing you probably-why are you still dressed?” Jongwoon entered the room with pieces of clothing in his hands, very familiar clothes. Melo was trailing behind him and hopped on the little stairs by the bed to get up on the bed. She sniffed Hyukjae for a bit before nestling near his legs. 

“Where did you get those from?” the younger man questioned Jongwoon bewildered as he gave a little rub to the puppy next to him. His hyung was holding a washed out navy blue uniform, the girl’s uniform from their “Runaway” performance that Hyukjae wore.  

“I asked a stylist if they had it. Fortunately for us, they kept it in storage if by some chance we needed it again in the future.” Jongwoon moved closer to the bed and tossed the clothes in front of the younger man.

“Did they question you why you needed them?” Hyukjae asked as he grabbed the skirt and lifted in the air, inspecting the piece of clothing and frowning.

“I said it’s for a joke. Now get dressed, I’ll be in the living room.” Jongwoon grabbed his laptop and exited the room, leaving displeased Hyukjae behind.

“Melo-ah, why is your owner such a jerk, huh? Why does he have to put me through this?” Hyukjae grabbed Melo from the bed, hugging her. The puppy looked at him for a while before his cheek.  

“Thank you for the comfort, Melo-ah.” He released a sigh, put the puppy on the bed and got up to change his clothes.


After a fe

Please log in to read the full chapter