2400

2400 hours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

sorry for the errors because i didn't bother proofreading it hehe. enjoy!

 

 

 

It all started because of a childhood dream and now Dahyun still could’ve believed that she is now one of the people who’s boarding for a mission in space. SHE IS GOING TO SPACE.

 

2 years ago, Dahyun was selected as a crew member boarding to space for another mission from ISS. After that, she has to go into training right away and that training lasted for 2 years. Now that her training is over she was given a 4 months break before going back and wait for the final order for her job as an astronaut.

 

 

Going back to her birth place that she hasn’t been in for how many years, she sure did miss it. Going to a foreign country at a very young age to study, you sure would miss a lot. Dahyun almost forgot that she speaks Korean but thanks to her best friend that always calls her at weekends and have some chats and updates her about new rising KPOP songs that she might want to check.

 

Today is already in the year 2027 yet Dahyun is still stuck with the same IZ*ONE songs that was released years ago. It's not that she's really outdated but she just chose to listen to them which she swore that she will never get tired of. She still regrets that she never been to one of their concerts because of her very busy schedule.

 

 

As soon as she stepped on the floor when her plane landed at Incheon International Airport, Dahyun went down on her knees and smelled the floor. It was just dust and hot air. But the thing is, she is finally home.

 

She stayed like that for how many minutes until a staff approached and stop her because she’s grabbing a lot of attention. Dahyun stood up quickly and bowed then said sorry to the staff.

 

 

The airport changed a lot, Dahyun has actually lost her way and was wonderstruck by the number of Korean people around her speaking in Korean, she's really home it's not a dream, not until someone strikes her with a cardboard from the back.

 

“can’t you see this sign??? its already printed in bright big neon-colored letters “WELCOME BACK KIM DAHYUN”???”

 

 

Dahyun faced the girl while rubbing her eyes. “oh sorry maybe my vision is really bad or I can’t read hangul anymore-“

 

The other girl didn’t let Dahyun finish what she’s saying and just straight up pulled her into a very tight hug. “I missed you so much Dahyun ah~”

 

Dahyun feels like she suffocating with the hug. “a-ck i m-missed yoH tooUh augh let goh of meh ples nahyawn aH-“

 

Her best friend Nayeon finally let go the life of her. “oh sorry I was just carried away~”

 

 

 

While on their way back, Nayeon told Dahyun that they are preparing a little celebration for her, when Nayeon said little Dahyun thought its just a little feast within family, relative, and friends but as soon as they arrived it feels like there was a fiesta in their house or in the whole neighborhood rather.

 

My mom invited the whole neighborhood??!. There were faces of Dahyun everywhere like she’s a famous idol or a running for a position politician, in shirts, cardboards and they even made a big tarpaulin for her with her face and it says “FLY HIGH DAHYUN”.

 

Dahyun just maintained her composure and go along with them. “oh hey big sis thats all of my idea by the way” not until her sister spoke beside her with a smug face, Kim Chaewon. Dahyun swore if only there weren’t tons of people in their house right now she already beat- no maybe hugged her until she ran out of breath and that's how sisters bond.

 

The “little” celebration was a success. Dahyun saw a lot of unfamiliar faces but she didn’t mind it anyway, she even saw her middle school nemesis, 3 of her ex flings and some of the boys who had a crush on her way back then and she just turned them down.

 

 

Entirely of the party, Dahyun just stayed in her room chatting with her best friend Nayeon. She just didn’t feel like mingling with the people outside plus she's tired to socialize.

 

“so what's your plan for the rest of your vacation here?” Nayeon asked at sleepy Dahyun who is now at her bed and ready to sleep.

 

“I'm going to have some fun at Jeju” Dahyun answered with a yawn.

 

Nayeon eyes lit. “ohhh do you want me to join you? well it would be my honor-“

 

“no need, I time on my own… I wanna go alone and relax on my own” Dahyun feels like she's going to doze up any seconds now. “... it's fine and I'm fine... and we’re fine right??”

 

 

Nayeon sighs and just stared at Dahyun where the girl had already fallen asleep. Nayeon just wants to spend time with her best friend but she doesn’t wanna interfere with her personal space either, Dahyun really worked hard and been through a lot and she knows she deserves all the time she needs for her own.

 

Best friends always support and understand each other. But the thing for Nayeon is she sees Dahyun more than that.

 

She wants to be the one Dahyun calls when she needs some comfort. She wants to be Dahyun’s resting place when she's tired. She wants to be a part of Dahyun but not just as a best friend. She wants to be an important part of Dahyun’s life.

 

Nayeon likes Dahyun but she will never say it.

 

 

 

3 days after Dahyun’s arrival and now shes riding a plane to Jeju. She can already smell the air of relaxation.

 

After her touchdown in Jeju she has to go to the hotel that her friend gave for free where she also describes that it has a nice view of the sea. This rich friend of hers also added that she can stay there for as long as she wants for vacation, Dahyun thinks 2 weeks is enough.

 

‘I’m so lucky to have a friend like Park Jihyo yas i love life!’. Well they know each other because they share the same group of friends plus during their high school days Dahyun helped Jihyo with her little crush to the school’s heartthrob, Jihyo can’t really show her flirty side since shes the president of the student council so she has to be a “role model”, Dahyun played the cupid for them and now who would’ve thought they’d stay strong until now they are married. Jihyo is sure happy to be with him.

 

Dahyun can surely afford the fees but Jihyo insisted that it's all free and she has no other choice but to accept this good deed. But Jihyo joked that “only if you promise me to introduce someone you meet here” Dahyun accepted the offer because she knows Jihyo’s going to forget about it anyway.

 

After settling in her hotel room she is now ready to explore Jeju. She rented a bike instead of walking. Although Jihyo said she can borrow one of her cars from her collection but Dahyun thinks not now. She chose to ride a bike because she really feels like a tourist and a protagonist of an upcoming of age film.

 

 

She saw an ice cream stall so she decided to park her bike a few meters away from the stall because it might block customers. Such a considerate Dahyun.

 

“one chocolate ice cream please thanks!”

 

Dahyun enjoyed the ice cream, she even took different angled photos. Now that she was about to eat the final bite of the cone she saw someone was about to ride her bike.

 

 

“hey!!! that's my bike excuse me??”

 

It was a girl. An inch taller than her, wearing a Hawaiian dress like she's going to dance Twice’s more and more plus she has a cute penguin shoulder bag. ‘Whats her problem?’

 

“uhmm ice cream girl this is my bike” did she just called me ice cream girl?!?, Dahyun mentally said. “now please excuse me and please don’t waste my time”

 

 

Dahyun just stood there frozen, she can’t believe she's not doing anything. Just because she's pretty you’re letting her win?? think of something Dahyun!!

 

“how can you be sure that's your bike? it doesn’t have your name on it!”

 

The girl stared at her with a resting face. “so why did you devour that ice cream even though it doesn’t have your name on it?” This girl is starting to get in Dahyun’s nerves. “I'm sure you just rented this bike and just in case you didn’t know all of the bikes there at the renting place are just the same designs but with different colors and maybe it just happened that we got the same colors” it was a utility bike color red with a basket in the front. “but this is my bike, see this lumpy space princess sticker? I put it there!”

 

Before Dahyun could even say a thing the girl still has a lot to say. “and why is our bike alike? well, I don’t know maybe I brought it to the same manufacturer as them???”

 

“wow are you a lawyer? or a tv announcer because you surely have a lot to say!”

 

The girl lets out a fake laugh, it makes Dahyun blood boils. “no I'm just someone you wished you never met”

 

That's it Dahyun’s going to bring this woman in the court. “ALRIGHT THATS IT YOU-“

 

 

“oh by the way you got something on your nose and maybe just go grab another ice cream to chill your head down sweetie” the girl winked at her before she started pedaling. Dahyun was ready to run and chase the girl when she saw another bike of the same kind beside her, she thought maybe her bike was just parked beside that girl’s bike all along. Maybe the girl was right.

 

And that's on “Maybe” because she don’t want to let her pride down. But she sure when she saw that woman again shes going to pay back.

 

 

 

For the whole day Dahyun tried forgetting about the incident earlier and it worked, she just ride around Jeju with her bike, only to the places thats close to her hotel because she might get lost.

 

It's already past 5 pm and she needs to find some restaurant to eat. Well, she found one but it's crowded. In the corner of her eye, she catches some customer leaving her table so she approached it immediately before someone might take it first.

 

“oh hey are you done- just what the hell..”

 

 

It was her again. Dahyun doesn’t know what to react but the girl just laughed at her annoyed face.

 

“small world ice cream girl eyy??” Dahyun ignored the girl and she just sat on the chair beside her. The girl also went back to her seat and she took a closer look of Dahyun’s annoyed face.

 

“you look cute when annoyed” the girl commented, Dahyun felt a little bit uncomfortable since the girl was a little bit closer to her.

 

Dahyun looked at the over side avoiding the girl’s eye contact. “what are you still doing here? leave you’re done already right? now go! shoo!”

 

“why can’t you look at me? ohhhh do you have a crush on me ice cream girl?” this girl I hope she trips in her bike. Dahyun just closed her eyes and prayed the moment she open them again the girl has already vanished. “okay i’ll take that as a yes then see you around ice cream girl im sure we’ll see each other again and if that happens...”

 

The girl went a little closer at Dahyun’s ears. “im never going to let you go” Dahyun felt some chills, yes she described it as chills and not the warm fuzzy feeling in your stomach when you’re with your crush. She felt chills.

 

 

The moment she opened her eyes, the girl was already gone. “finally some peace!” and she called the waiter for her order.

 

It took Dahyun many minutes before she noticed there was a journal left on her table. She doesn’t know but she feels some excitement just by thinking about it. The owner of this notebook might be that girl.

 

 

She's not really the type who invades others' privacy but it's already in front of her, it's a blessing in disguise. The notebook is just a simple mint-colored one. As Dahyun starts scanning the pages she can’t help but grin widely.

 

“Okay so let's see...”

 

 

On the first page you’ll see ‘Welcome to the world of Mina’ with a little penguin doodle at the last part.

 

“oh so Mina’s her name” Dahyun scanned a few more pages, most of them are just empty pages and some pages got ripped. That’s odd.

 

The drink Dahyun ordered arrived first well at least she has something to drink while reading this not-so-boring journal.

 

 

She reached a page titled ‘Facts about Mina’. What caught her attention was the sentence written in red ink ‘I HATE SCIENCE’ Dahyun got choked because of what she just read and not because of the ice she just swallowed. That's where she decided to stop reading.

 

“i don’t know what will i do to you notebook-ssi but im sure you’d be a good use!” Dahyun talked to the notebook as if its a human, the people on the other table thinks shes weird.

 

 

The meal was good and for sure she would visit this restaurant again and again until her vacation here in Jeju ends. She payed her bill and left while hugging the journal.

 

 

“do you think shes crazy?”

“i dont care”

“dude she just had a dinner with that notebook and talk to it like its her date”

“shut up will you?”

 

 

After her nice meal, she immediately went back to her hotel, washed up and had a good night sleep. That's how she wrapped up her first day in Jeju.

 

 

 

~~~

 

 

Mina can’t stay still, she keeps on walking in circles and worries that she’ll never see that girl again.

 

She knows she has her journal. Well earlier this morning, the moment the restaurant she last went to yesterday opened she already asked about a missing mint-colored notebook. The staffs said they didn’t notice any since it was crowded yesterday so Mina insisted that they have to let her see the CCTV footage of where she was seated yesterday. At first, the staff was a bit hesitant about it but Mina said ‘my notebook contains the formula of the cure for the upcoming zombie apocalypse in the future... so you better help me on this one if you want to be first in priority when having the cure’ the staffs have no other choice.

 

Then there she saw ice cream girl talking to it and even hugging her journal, she must be out of her mind.

 

 

Now Mina is waiting here in the ice cream stall where they first met in hopes she’ll see that girl again.

 

“oh please... please.. please-“ someone tapped her by the shoulder, maybe just some stranger. “go away!” she still has her eyes closed and continued on chanting ‘please...please’

 

 

“awww you want me gone?” the voice seems familiar, she opened her eyes and there she got what she wants.

 

Mina was stunned by the girl, this is her first time seeing her up close and in the daylight. “wheres my journal?”

 

“your what? I don't have it”

 

“you can’t fool me, I check the CCTV of the place and you got whats mine”

 

 

Dahyun can’t really play hard to get with this girl, but she has an idea. “I got whats yours? oh you mean your heart? okay I’ll give it to you~” Dahyun sweetly said but more like teasing her.

 

 

Mina is trying hard to hold back her laugh. “is that how you flirt? wow you’re so terrible at it!”

 

Dahyun crossed her arms. “at least I'm not forgetful with my things” Dahyun smirked and she can see the girl twitching her other eye.

 

“just give it back to me and we’re done”

 

“what if I don’t want to?” Dahyun is stubborn. “anyway how’d you know I'm here? did you waited for me? that's sweet”

 

 

What the hell im i gonna do with this girl. “tell me what do you want and stop being so stubb-“

 

“wait! remember what you last said to me yesterday if ever we’ll see each other again?” Dahyun stepped closer to Mina’s ears and whispered. “so you’re not going to let go of me now?”

 

Chills. Mina felt chills. “oh before anything gets out of hand, im Dahyun, Kim Dahyun”

 

 

Mina didn’t respond back, she just looked at her with a ‘whatever talk to yourself’ face.

 

“okay Mina who hates science”

 

 

Mina’s eyes widened when Dahyun said that. “DON'T TELL ME YOU’VE READ THEM???”

 

“what isn’t obvious?” Mina’s death stares are scaring her. “well I mean not all don’t you worry I'm not interested I was just uhmm looking for your name...” Mina calmed down.

 

 

Silence consumed them for about some minutes until Dahyun decided to break it. “why do you hate science? that's like the coolest subject ever!!!”

 

“I’m Myoui Mina” Mina answered instead, avoiding the question. “okay wheres my journal?”

 

Dahyun sighs. “I already said I don’t have it-“

 

“OH PLEASE WILL YOU STOP THE ACT?!” Mina frustratedly said and it made Dahyun think that the journal must be really important to her.

 

 

Dahyun feels like shes shrinking every time Mina stares at her like shes gonna eat her whole. “I mean I don’t have it right now! it's in my hotel room... so chill” Mina just runs her finger through her hair. “wow you look hot when you’re mad”

 

“what excuse me??” Dahyun then sprinted to the ice cream stall. She never been this fast before (except in trainings).

 

 

‘Wow is this the first nice thing she told me? is that im hot? not pretty or beautiful?’

 

 

“I m-mean well uhmm Mina do you want some ice cream?” Dahyun smiled with her eyes.

 

‘Gotta admit that she's cute.’

 

 

 

 

They finished 2 ice cream each and were just silent the whole time they were eating it. No one dared to speak.

 

“i cant believe our first date will be like this” Mina said to herself but its loud enough for Dahyun to hear it.

 

 

Dahyun sat on her bike waiting for Mina to do the same. “so where are we going next?”. Mina stared at her with confusion. “oh c’mon the sun is till up and i ain’t going back to that hotel with a beautiful weather like this”

 

Mina sighs, she has to be friendly with this girl so she’ll get back what she needs. She sat on her bike. “okay just follow me since you look like a tourist who knows nothing about this place and scared that she might get lost”. Dahyun isn’t offended since it's true. When Mina start pedaling Dahyun just followed her.

 

 

They ended up in the beach. They walked with a meter between them. Mina watched Dahyun make sand castles like a kid. Dahyun also gave Mina a little lecture of why shes still wearing a hoodie even if they are in the beach. And they just sat there waiting for sunset.

 

“you’re here for vacation? So how long are you staying” Dahyun looked at Mina and decides if she's going to but the girl looks serious and she doesn’t want to ruin the mood.

 

“I'm staying here for 2 weeks but maybe I can extend my stay for you” then Dahyun winked at Mina, the girl just rolled her eyes. “so tell me why do you hate science” Dahyun fixed her posture like she’s really anticipating Mina’s answer.

 

“to be unique. everybody would say they hate math but well I'm not one of them” Mina crossed her hands because she just constructed a very clever answer and she's proud of herself. “you look like you’re very pressed about it why? are you some science geek girl?”

 

“well im a doctor, a scientist, an engineer and a soon to be an astronaut” Mina laughed not because Dahyun said it and her nose has some sand but because of the last word Dahyun said. This girl must be joking right now.

 

 

Dahyun looked at Mina who’s read as a tomato right now because of laughing so hard. “whats so funny about it?”

 

Mina pats Dahyun’s head. “you’re really cute like a kid, I understand you it's okay!~. I have a little sister who also wants to be an astronaut someday and she still 17 by the way”

 

“aww that's cute I can help your sister with her dream and I'm 27 by the way” Mina was shocked with the sudden age reveal.

 

“I guess we’re just on the same age...” Mina smiled for a second, afraid that the girl might catch her.

 

 

“let me guess what you do for your life” Dahyun examined Mina from head to toe. “you must be a daughter of some rich businessman here and he just let you do whatever you want, am i correct?”

 

Mina gave her an applause. “as expected for our astronaut here”

 

Dahyun whined. “yaaaaa! im really an as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter