Fin.

Office Love Affair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Minatozaki Sana has been working at Myoui's Corporation for two months now.









 

It wasn't hard for her to adjust knowing that she's known for being a social butterfly since high school. She easily befriended her team where she was assigned. 











 

It was smooth, really, not until her stupid did something last week. It shouldn't have been a big deal, since she's known for being clingy and playful towards her team. 









 

Well, not to their Manager, Kim Dahyun.











 

You see, since the day Sana was interviewed, she has been crushing on one of the interviewers, and she soon found out that it was a Manager once she got in. And she's one of the most trusted employee of Myoui Mina.













 

So since the day she got in the team, she has been showing her admiration towards the Manager. And of course, they get along very well.













 

Kim Dahyun, or should she call her, Manager Kim. A great leader to their team. A little strict, but warm hearted. 


























 

And Sana regretted everything she did that night when their team decided to drinkat their favorite bar.












 

That one stupid night…





 

[Flashback]




 

Their table was surprisingly the loudest among everyone in the Bar. Most of them were already drunk, except for Dahyun who still look so er. She has been keeping an eye at their Boss, Myoui Mina, who sat beside her and was already drunk. It is a rare sight since she's known for being quiet and perfectionist at their work.












 

And Sana has been eyeing the two, watching how Dahyun's grumbling and stopping their Boss for drinking much.










 

"Miss Kim, you should drink more. Isn't it unfair that you're still sober?" Said Im Nayeon, talking with her hiccups.



 

"Right, your glass is still full" Said Yoo Jeongyeon, pointing the glass.









 

"What--you just filled that up seconds ago" Dahyun said in disbelief.








 

"Huh, I don't even remember" Jeongyeon grins.









 

"Oh please, she had to take care of the Mother of all Mothers" Said Park Jihyo who was speaking in slur.









 

"Is that me?" Mina giggles as she heard that. Dahyun could only facepalm.





 

"I should get you a water, Miss Myoui" Said Dahyun, she stood up and left them.




















 

And Sana didn't waste her chance to follow their Manager, and their team didn't seem to notice it.







 

She was trying to walk fast, but her steps seems to be heavier than usual. She shook her head and inhaled deeply, watching Dahyun who stopped at the counter to ask for a cold water.











 

A grin flashed on Sana's face, she fixed her hair before she approached the Korean Manager. Dahyun immediately noticed her, "Miss Minatozaki, are you here to get some water?" She asks with a smile.








 

Sana propped her elbow on the counter, face leaning on her hand and smiled widely, "I'm good, Miss Kim. Maybe, I'm can get your number instead?" And that must've surprised Dahyun as she looked at Sana with wide eyes.








 

"What?" 






 

But the bartender came and gave Dahyun two glass of water. The Korean Manager instantly drank one of it.











 

And as if it wasn't enough to shock the Manager, Sana continued. "You know, If we were together last Christmas, candy canes were not the only one I , Miss Kim"















 

And that got Dahyun spat her drink at Sana's face.





 

[End of Flashback]









 

And since that night, Dahyun starts talking less than usual, but not to the other members, only to Sana.














 

The Japanese could only groan, regretting everything that happened that night. Dahyun's probably getting more uncomfortable and awkward towards her. That is why she's giving her a silent treatment.









 

She must've think I'm that weird.











 

She slammed her forehead against the keyboard. Chdchchgxhgbbbbbb.

















 

A lot of possible reasons were running through Sana's head.




 

She's probably not into girls? But I just saw her Instagram post before tho, she joined the pride parade, and Tzuyu once mentioned that Dahyun's a lesbian, that's why Sana's taking her chance to hit on Dahyun.



 

Or maybe she's not into relationships with a co-worker? But it's not like they're forbidden to date each other.


 

Or maybe I'm not her type? I would be crying for months if that's true. 










 

Or maybe…











 

Sana automatically sat straight when she heard footsteps coming their way. And when she looked up, she found their CEO, Myoui Mina, who looks elegant as usual. She was walking towards Dahyun's desk, that is just two desks away from Sana's. 











 

And what's weirder was the fact that CEO Myoui was holding a box of chocopies.






 

Huh…








 

Could it be because Miss Kim is in a relationship with their CEO?















 

Sana could already hear her heart shattering into pieces.










 

You see, rumors been spreading before Sana camr in. There's gossips that Myoui Mina and Kim Dahyun are dating.









 

There was a lot of proofs and hints that they are. They say that they're like two peas in a pod.






 

And Sana could literally see what they're talking about. Miss Myoui is very strict and serious to everyone at work. She would talk less, and stare at you like she's going to stab you if you forgot your task or if you didn't finish it on the deadline, but when it comes to Manager Kim, she would often smile while talking, and would often call her to her office.





 

They are so sweet towards each other.

















 

Sana secretly watched how Dahyun smiled widely as soon as she got the box of chocopie. They're talking in hush, and their team was trying so hard not to look at their way, in fear that CEO Myoui might catch them staring.








 

Sana thought that it's weird how CEO Myoui knows about Dahyun's favorite. And don't even ask Sana how she also knows about that. 









 

It's weird how their Boss was the one handing it to the Korean Manager, approaching her and leaving her office just to give that chocopie as if she's not a busy woman, and a Boss.









 

They're so...so suspicious.












 

There's a big chance that they are actually dating. But why are they hiding their relationship? 













 

Could it be because Miss Myoui haven't yet come out of the closet? She doesn't remember the CEO actually admitting nor denying that she's part of the LGBTQ+.








 

But she didn't also deny nor admit the rumors of them dating...

























 

Sana was spacing out that she didn't even realized that their Boss already left.


















 

"Why are you staring at me, Miss Minatozaki?" Dahyun suddenly spoke and made Sana's eyes widen in bewilderment. 








 

"H-How did you know I was looking at you?" Sana was more than surprised, because Dahyun's eyes had been staring at the screen as soon as Miss Myoui left. 







 

"I can feel it" Dahyun said, then she looked at Sana's direction, meeting her eyes, "Do you need anything?" She added with such intense gaze.







 

"N-No, Miss Kim" Sana immediately averted her gaze and focused on the screen.







 

She would literally be heartbroken once she finds out that Dahyun's already taken…


 

--------------------


 

It was Saturday night and their team decided to drink.





 

"I hope you're not too eager to leave when you've just arrived" Mina teased Dahyun who just arrived, greeting everyone, but she didn't even meet Sana's eyes.







 

Dahyun lightly laughed, "Of course, not when you're planning to get drunk again" The team laughed.






 

"Don't expose me like that"




 

"Oh, but they already know" Dahyun teases and sat beside Mina. 





 

The team was laughing at the two playfully bickering. Sana just gave a light chuckle before she continued cutting the meat, distracting herself.














 

Nayeon offered Sana a glass of soju. Sana perks up and answers, "The last time I drank, it didn't go well"






 

Nayeon laughs, "Will it ever? Besides, everyone is drinking" she then looked at the end of the table where Manager Kim was, chatting with the others, "Including Miss Kim" 





 

Of course Nayeon knows that Sana likes their Manager. She knows a lot.






 

"That's exactly the main reason, Nayeon. I don't want to embarrass myself in front of her. You know how stupid I am when I drink" Sana stated. 








 

Nayeon pouted, "Aw, come on. Just one glass. Look, the others are already tipsy, and you're still sober"










 

Sana sighed, "Fine, just one glass"









 

But it was followed by another one, and another one, and another one, especially when all she could literally see was how CEO Myoui and Manager Kim was happily talking. it.


 

----------------------------



 

Jihyo tugs on Dahyun's sleeve, snapping Dahyun out of her trance, "Why do you keep looking at them?" She said and followed Dahyun's line of vision where Sana, Nayeon, and the other new ones were. 








 

"Huh? Oh, I'm just... checking if they're doing fine" and Dahyun instantly averted her gaze, joining the conversation of the others.


 

-------------------------

 

"You guys better take care of yourselves when you get home" said Dahyun to the drunkards that were waving at her and to Mina who looks like she's about to pass out.



 

"Do you want a help, Miss Kim?" Said Jeongyeon. Dahyun sighed in relief and nodded at her.








 

"Take care of Miss Myoui, Manager Kim!" Jihyo loudly said.










 

And Sana...








 

Well, Sana's watching them leave. She feels like she wanted more soju, and so she stole Tzuyu's glass.






 

"Hey, that's enough" but Nayeon saw the latter pouting.




 

"You're the one who offered me a drink. Why are you stopping me now?"




 

"You said you'd drink one glass"







 

"I changed my mind" She grumbled and drank the glass of soju.











 

She should've been used to it, watching Manager Kim taking care of their Boss. She's always the one who takes her home.






 

And seeing how Dahyun takes care a lot of Mina, still hurts her. She's jealous, yes that's for sure, but it's not like she could do something about it. The Korean Manager doesn't even know that she's there admiring her.











 

And thinking that they're probably dating, just by how they act towards each other, made it even harder for Sana.





 

Nayeon sighed, watching Sana frowning at the poor empty glass, "You overthink too much. What if they're just close friends, you know?"






 

Sana chuckled, she appreciates how Nayeon would tell things to her just to lessen the ache, 




 

But she knows that even Nayeon, who has been working for a year now, is also unsure about their Boss and Manager's relationship.





 

But what if?


 

-----------------------


 

Manager Kim is an early bird, that's for sure, but so as CEO Myoui. 







 

Sure, they're early because of work, but it is so weird that they are always the first one to be there.








 

And so Minatozaki Sana decided to get early on a Monday Morning. 






 

For the first time, she sacrificed the good sleep she would have get. But she chose to suffer, just to spy at the two early birds.










 

The guard greeted her with a question mark on his face, it is indeed surprising to see her early. An hour earlier.












 

She was looking around, but Manager Kim and CEO Myoui was nowhere to be found.











 

Could it be because...they're in CEO Myoui's office? 














 

And so she walked towards the said office. And before she could even get closer, she could already hear the familiar voices, followed by a laughter. 






 

Why am I doing this again? This is just going to hurt my .











 

When she's about to lean against the door, planning to eavesdrop like a spy in some action movie,









 

The door suddenly opened.







 

And she almost stumbled, almost. She let out a yelp in surprise, and when she finally gained her composure, 











 

She was faced by, no other than, Manager Kim, who is looking at her with a frown of confusion.













 

"What are you doing here?" She asked, immediately closing the door. Luckily, their Boss didn't notice her. 












 

"I...I was just, uh, trying to check if there's already people here since uh, I got early" But Dahyun's frown got deeper. 









 

The Korean Manager was reading her eyes, then she sighed, "That's exactly the point, Miss Minatozaki. You were never early" and starts walking towards her desk. 










 

Sana bit her lip, she was actually trying not to smile, because Manager Kim frowning, is such a cute sight early in this morning. "Maybe I just want a change" Sana stated, following behind.







 

"Sure" Dahyun's not buying her crap.








 

Sana sat on her seat, but she was facing Dahyun's direction. The Korean Manager was already doing something on her desk, but Sana knows that Dahyun knows she was looking at her. 







 

Sana pursed her lips, thinking if she  should say something or ask something, but since the two of them are alone in this wide office, she decided to just take the chance and talk to her.







 

"You know, Manager Kim..." Sana started, and she saw how Dahyun stopped typing for a second, then continued. "I'm wondering why you're suddenly so cold towards me" She added. 






 

Dahyun didn't look back at her, but she responded, "Cold? I was never cold to you nor anyone here, Miss Minatozaki" she sound so formal.




 

"Yes you were, you have this cold eyes and monotonous voice whenever you talk to me" Sana's voice almost sounded sulky, and now she is getting more sulky because Dahyun didn't respond. 







 

"Is it because of that night when I was shamelessly hitting on you?" And she sound curious, and maybe a little concern, because she wants to know if she's actually making her uncomfortable, so that she can stop this painful ty move she's pulling.






 

Dahyun let out a sigh, she stops from typing and looked at Sana, deadpanned. "It's nothing like that"








 

"But it's making you feel uncomfortable?"






 

Dahyun stared at her. They just stared at each other for a couple of seconds. And there was that unexplainable tension again. Really, Sana has been feeling that every time she's alone and near the Korean Manager.





 

And she couldn't even read her. She couldn't figure Dahyun out.















 

Then Dahyun opened to speak, but then instantly closed it. 










 

Is she going to tell me that she's in a relationship? With CEO Myoui?




















 

But the weird tension surrounding the two of them was instantly cut off by a loud voice echoing in the office.









 

"GOOD MORNING, EVERYONE!"







 

It was Im Nayeon. Great.




 

------------------

 

It was lunch break, yet Sana was still on her desk, and so as Dahyun who was just two desks away from hers.






 

Sana wasn't really hungry, declining their workmates' invitation to join them in the cafeteria.







 

And Dahyun? Well, she doesn't know about her. She's probably waiting for CEO Myoui's call or something. Psh.





 

And then Dahyun's phone instantly rang, picking it up almost immediately. 




 

Sana was doing her best not to listen, but her ears are so damn annoying, it always perks up whenever it hears the Manager's voice. She heard Dahyun sighing, “You always make me cook. I hate you”









 

Cook? CEO Myoui probably makes her cook, that must be the reason why Dahyun always brings an extra lunch box every lunch break.

 






 

"Fine, yeah, it's not like I can refuse you" Dahyun chuckles and stood up, phone still on her ear. She took some papers and then left.




 

Huh.



 

------------------------



 

"Miss Yoo" Said Sana as soon as she got near Jeongyeon who was in the corner where the photocopier was.




 

Jeongyeon smiled and wordlessly took the papers. Then Sana leaned in against the wall and watched the latter do her job. "I have a question" Sana started.







 

Jeongyeon looked up and chuckles, "Let me guess, about Manager Kim?" Sana nodded shyly. She's definitely that obvious about liking the said Manager.






 

"And Miss Myoui…" Jeongyeon nodded her head, letting her to continue, "Do you think they're actually together?"










 

"You think they are?" Jeongyeon asks without looking at her.







 

"Yes? I mean, I know everyone thinks they are" 









 

Jeongyeon pursed her lips before continuing the task, "Since I worked here, rumors has been spreading, but it died down immediately. Maybe because they both found out that there are rumors about them and they made everyone shut up"





 

"Really?"






 

"Yeah, but you know, just take it with a pinch of salt. It was just rumors" Jeongyeon stated and glanced at Sana, "I also heard from someone before that CEO Myoui is actually in a relationship with someone…" there was a pause, then she leaned in a little to whisper, "But it's not Manager Kim"






 

After hearing that, there was a sudden jolt in her chest, as if something clicked that she couldn't help but flash a  smile. "How about Manager Kim? Do you think she's single?"







 

Jeongyeon went silent for a second. 







 

"...Well that, I don't know about that" 











 

Sana's smile instantly dropped.









 

"But why don't you just ask her tho? Aren't you straightforward enough to ask her?"




 

"I-I can't" Sana almost squeaked. Jeongyeon gave her a look of confusion.





 

Because after that embarrassing night of her hitting on their Manager, it was enough for her to dig her grave. She could even still feel the cold water that was spat on her face, and that surprised look of Dahyun...





 

Goodness Gracious.

 

----------------------

 

Sana's shift's done and so she head towards the elevator with the others.







 

When the elevator opened, her eyes widened to see Dahyun already standing there. She actually tried to back away and maybe wait for another one, but the people behind her starts getting in and she was also pushed inside. 




 

And as if it wasn't enough, God must've decided to play with her feelings. She was on the spot beside the Korean Manager, and hell, the elevator's already full that she had to move closer because the buff guy beside her moved.









 

Dahyun gave her a look, it was unreadable, but then they both averted their gazes.






 

It was going down so slow, and Sana was internally screaming. She was looking down to avoid staring at the Manager, but those dark brown trouser Dahyun's wearing was too tight that her curvy figure was fully displayed.





 

And with that checkered suit? 








 

Motherfuc--- Why does she looked so good? And smell so good?






 

She could hear her inner demons laughing at her poor gay . This is why it's harder for her to move on from her. She's too...irresistible. It's painful. 







 

The elevator opened again, and instead of finally having an air breathe, another one came in. Some were groaning at how crowded the elevator was.







 

Poor Sana had to scoot closer to Dahyun again, and she almost stumbled because of her high heels, but a hand instantly held her back for support, and maybe it was a mistake to look at those dark brown eyes that were now looking at her.






 

"Careful" said her Knight in Shining Light Armor. 




 

"Sorry" Sana whispered, looking down on the ground, blushing. She could feel Dahyun's hand that was still on her back, it was warm, but Dahyun looks like she forgot her hand was still there. And it's painful how Sana's the only one who's affected.













 

Until Dahyun's phone vibrated, they both felt it since it was on Dahyun's pocket. And to Sana's dismay, Dahyun let go of her back and checked who texted.








 

And it was "Mina" 






 

Wow, she just named their Boss on her contact as Mina? 






 

Dahyun glanced at Sana when she noticed she was eyeing the phone, so Sana looked away.












 

Ding.










 

The elevator opened, and everyone immediately gets out, including Sana.









 

Except Dahyun. 









 

Sana watched how Dahyun frowns at her phone screen. She looks like she's going back there. 





 

And Sana could only watch how Dahyun looked up to meet her eyes.








 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter