Chapter 1

Penguin Sweaters and Requited Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

When Minjeong opened the door, Jimin’s first thought was that she looked adorable. Well, she thinks Minjeong is always adorable, but this was next level worthy adorable because she just looks so happy and relaxed and warm, that Jimin’s heart can’t help but flutter when she sees her like this. 

 

It’s unfair honestly, just how one woman could look so cute wearing a sweater that would look hideous on anyone else. 

 

“Hi there stranger, come on in,” Minjeong greets, and Jimin instantly feels like all the exhaustion and fatigue from the day just melts away with Minjeong’s soft welcoming smile. 

 

Jimin easily steps into the open arms that Minjeong offers, feeling warm as their bodies pressed close to each other. Minjeong buries her face into the crook of Jimin’s neck, holding the other girl close, arms tight around her back. They linger in the hug for a while, both wanting to stay in this moment forever, Jimin loving how the smaller girl feels solid yet so soft beneath her.

 

She’s definitely in love with Minjeong. 

 

But she can’t, she just can’t, because being in love with your best friend is not something best friends do. But as Jimin lets go of her hold and catches the faint blush now present on Minjeong’s face, she couldn’t help but think that best friends shouldn’t be looking at each other like that either. 

 

Could Minjeong be in love with her too? Yeah, right. Stop clowning yourself Jimin.

 

“Nice sweater,” she comments to distract herself from thinking of the smaller girl, directing her gaze to the penguin design on the sweater as a way to take her mind off for a moment. With silence filling the air, she looks up only to see that Minjeong’s cheeks have gone red. 

 

“This was a gift from Yizhuo, she jokingly bought it because she thought it was ugly.” Minjeong briefly explains as her fingers curl tightly around the edge of the sweater's sleeves “But I really like it.”

 

“Hey,” Jimin softly says, regretting that she used a teasing tone. Her hand gently reaches under Minjeong’s chin, tilting her head back up until they’re gazing at each other's eyes again. “I never said I didn't like it. I actually think it looks cute, especially since you’re the one wearing it.” She chuckles. 

 

“Oh,” Minjeong whispers, clearly surprised and in awe at what the taller girl had just said. Jimin could see that the blonde wanted to duck her head again but was being stopped by her hand under Mijeong’s chin, so instead, Minjeong tries to redirect her gaze somewhere else and nervously brushes a stray hair behind her ear. 

 

Jimin felt like her heart might burst just from seeing the girl in front of her who was acting kind of. . .shy? nervous? I wonder why. 

 

Becoming aware of the time she spent holding her, she drops her hand, only to immediately miss the contact they had. “It looks like it’s comfy to wear,” she comments, as Minjeong was still staring off into space, a pinkish blush now very apparent on her cheeks. 

 

Hearing the comment, Minjeong snaps out and looks back at Jimin, her soft smile has returned and her eyes bright once again, and Jimin’s heart picks up speed in her chest. 

 

“Yeah, It is. I really do like it, even though Yizhuo gave it to me as a joke, and she and Aeri usually laugh whenever I wear it.” She rolls her eyes, a grin now sporting on her face as she thinks of her teasing friends. 

 

“What matters is that you like it, Minjeong. Who cares what they think anyway?” 

 

“Do you like it too?”

 

“Of course I do, silly.” Jimin nods with a smile. “So, movie night, right?”

 

“Yes!” Minjeong shouts excitedly, the sweater instantly forgotten. Although Jimin’s pretty sure she’s not going to forget it easily, the adorable sight is definitely going to be seared on her mind for weeks. 

 

“I bought us a lot of snacks, so I hope you’re hungry.” 

 

“As long as we could eat actual proper food first?” 

 

“I ordered tonkatsu from that Japanese restaurant you like so much to go with the pizza I ordered, will that do?”

 

“You’re my favorite,” Jimin says, looking back at Minjeong with affection clear in her eyes, appreciating the simple but thought

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter