fin.

QR Code

Chaewon admits that this was a bit impulsive of her to do, but what can she do when it’s already done? She stares at the QR Code that she had made minutes ago. Should she send it? What if Yena would find her weird? They’re not even that close and yet here she is, hesitating to press send.

Letting out a shaky breath, she clicks send as she watches the QR Code being sent. By the time it was sent, Chaewon puts down her phone and covers her face. “Holy , I can’t believe I did that.” She whispered, her face beet red as she stares at her phone, hoping for a response.

In order to ease her mind, she stands up from her bed and went downstairs to drink water. She pats her chest lightly in order to ease how fast it was going. Still feeling the heat of her cheeks, she fans herself as she holds a glass water, taking it with her as she walks back to her room.

By the time she had arrived to her room, she checks her phone for any notification from the older but disappointment fills her as she sees that Yena hasn’t read her message. Putting her phone back to her bed as she drank her water. She lays down on her bed as she turns on her TV and goes through different channels, feeling sleepy she thought she should just take a nap.

Although she had her eyes closed, her mind was running with different possibilities as to how Yena would react. She was worried what if Yena would hate her? What if Yena would ignore her? Oh god Chaewon could not bear the thought of the older ignoring her. She sighs as she reached for her phone to play songs to at least ease her thoughts, but a certain notification caused her to sit up suddenly.

Yena had already replied to Chaewon.

‘Chae? What’s the QR Code for?’

‘wanted to test smth, can you try scanning it?’

Chaewon typed quickly, she was breathing heavily as if she had run a few miles. She almost drops her phone when she sees Yena’s message.

‘alright thenn give me a few mintues,,’

‘I checked it alrdy,, the QR Code was so cute’

‘did you make it all by yourself?’

‘hello?’

‘chae? you there?’

Chaewon watches as Yena spams her with messages. Although it was seen that Chaewon was reading the older’s messages but in reality, she was spacing out as she feels her soul leaving her body. “Wait I still don’t know her response to my confession.” Chaewon finally snaps out of it as her fingers began typing. Hesitating to press send she ends up nodding before holding the send button.

‘so,, whats your answer,, yk to my confession?’

Seeing that Yena had immediately saw Chaewon’s reply. Chaewon’s concerned as to how she was sweating so much as if the AC wasn’t on.

‘oh right, i forgot to tell you my answer ;;’

‘you know you dont have to say yes, you can reject me’

Chaewon face palms as she watches her message being sent. Why would she say that? She still wasn’t even sure as to how Yena would react and yet here she is creating her own assumptions as to what Yena’s reaction would be. She eagerly waits for Yena to finish typing her response.

‘i like you too chae, although i thought i made it obvious alrdy..’

Chaewon turns all shades of red and she feels as though there were smoke coming out her ears as she saw Yena’s reply. No way this is real. Chaewon pinches herself and this caused her to yelp before rubbing the spot that she had pinched.

‘wait wait what do you mean you thought you made it obvious?’

Chaewon had to ask, what does the older mean? She couldn’t have possibly liked her longer, right?

‘ive liked you since last year’

“Holy .” Chaewon cursed out loud as she reread Yena’s reply over and over again. “She’s been crushing on me longer than I have?” She questions as she types her reply.

‘wait how?’

‘i shall thank kim minjoo for introducing me to you ;)’

‘so, tomorrow wanna grab lunch together?’

“I should be the one asking you out god…” Chaewon mumbles as she types the exact thing she said out loud.

‘or wait i have another idea’

Chaewon tilts her head as she asks Yena what she had planned to do. Seeing that the older was no longer reading or replying to her messages, Chaewon shrugs as she lays down again. Her heart at this point would probably jump out of her chest as she thinks about the fact that Yena had been crushing on her since last year.

Chaewon squeals as she kicks in place, she couldn’t hold her happiness as she had this bright smile, she ignores how her cheeks were starting to hurt from smiling ear to ear.

Minutes has passed and Yena hasn’t replied or read her message. Chaewon was starting to feel worried. Just as she was about to ask as to where Yena was she heard the door bell ringing as well as her phone buzzing.

‘Hey its me ringing the door bell’

Chaewon swears she just blinks and she’s suddenly in front of her door, her hand touching the cold door knob.

“Hey, what’s with the sudden visit?” Chaewon finally worked up the courage to open the door and saw Yena standing in front of her, phone in hand the other hand was holding a bag. “Can I stay over? Let’s watch a movie and then the next day, let’s go out to eat breakfast.” Yena smiles.

“What.” Was the only thing Chaewon could say as she stares at the older head to toe. “I mean sure! Come in.” Chaewon scolds herself for reacting like that before stepping aside, allowing the older to enter.

“Your confession,” Yena looks back at Chaewon who was still frozen in place. “Did you mean?” She asks and Chaewon nods her head really quickly which made Yena chuckle. Finally walking beside the older, they make their way to Chaewon’s room.

“I’m so glad you like me too, Chae.”

“Hey that’s my line!” Chaewon playfully slapped Yena’s arm who could only laugh at the younger’s actions.

Perhaps Chaewon is glad that she ended up sending the QR Code or else she wouldn’t have found out that Yena liked her back.