Chapter 01

Belong to me

Thunder burst with rain falling down from the gloomy sky. Seulgi, wearing all black at the funeral of her parents, sadly stared at the tomb of the two who brought her in this world and left her alone.

The umbrella she was holding tightly helped her not get wet, her chest heaving up and down though she did her best to keep calm. Now she was alone, a daughter of a rich man- every single thing felt threatening. Even showing her emotions felt wrong in case someone would take advantage of her weak mindset.

The hand of a female rested on her shoulder. “I'll let you mourn for now, but Seulgi ssi- you've to take responsibilities so I'll come talk to you later. If you need anything, call me.” She gave Seulgi her business card and only then did Seulgi lift her face to glance at the woman, probably in her mid thirties.

When Seulgi formed a weak bitter smile of acknowledgement the woman squeezed her shoulder as if saying to keep herself strong and turned to let others know they should leave now as well as she rode on her car.

In the midst of the funeral, a man smirked his face hidden by a cap. Now it's time to play his game. The murderer of her parents' thoughts. Hands getting too excited at the thought of the future of this girl he exhaled to calm his expression. There was a long way to that and he was prepared thoroughly for that.

If only Seulgi knew the killer of her poor dead parents was here, if only.

Once everyone was gone Seulgi slowly slid down beside the tomb of her parents, finally tears escaping through her eyes that she holded back for so long. All alone under the outrageous sky. From tears to a full sobbing mess she was. Her cries were mixed with thunder but nothing could stop her now. Why did they have to leave her? So many promises left broken, the security she felt, the love no one but only them could've given her were gone. What's the point of this life now?

The rain dropped on her as a shadow of a man covered her. Slowly she looked up to see the culprit.

The gentleman formed a smile of understanding eyes full of sorrow for her state. “Ms Kang, i have no intention to stop you but also i can't let you get sick under this harsh weather.” He speaked with such a gentleness it warmed her empty broken heart. She wanted to listen to him, he looked like a knight sent for her. “I'll just hold this for you and if you're fine with me keep doing what you were, for when if not now.” Then he stared at the side.

Seulgi's lips trembled miserably, as she was thankful for the understanding of this stranger that for some reason felt like he wasn't a stranger.

Softly covering her face she kept releasing her tears and the gentlemen patiently stood behind her with an umbrella covering her from the sky teardrops.

The next day when Seulgi came down from her bedroom she found the gentleman that helped her at her parents funeral was here, talking with the guard.

Once he noticed her presence he bowed ninety degrees smiling without any emotion on his face.

“My name is Park Jinyoung. From today onwards I'm your butler, on your service twenty four seven days. Please allow me to start.” Her heartbeat dropped at the sudden news only to drum faster. What?!

Confused at the familiar man's words she stared at her guard or in this case someone who would actually tell her how to react to this but only to receive a questioning look.

Sighing she knew confusion was a sign of weakness so getting rid of whatever would give them the idea of her not knowing what to do she smiled tightly. “I would like to inform you that you've to explain yourself before announcing such a thing.” Giving a sharp look at Jinyoung who looked unimpressed- even more he still had this confidence in his posture, in his smile and his eyes; not one bit phased by her attitude.

Jinyoung, the guy who held his umbrella for her.

Sitting in the office of her late father she carefully listened to Jinyoung as he explained from where he was coming about butler talk.

“Your father was worried about you, I'm not sure if it's the right thing to say but he knew something bad was going to happen to him. He had talked to me a few times if- if something happens to him i should stand by your side no matter what.” He paused, eyes void of emotion staring at his clasped hands. “He trusted me, he asked if there was any way I could serve you if something happens to him.”

He diverted his cold eyes at her, catching Seulgi off guard at the sudden gaze. “I respect your father, Mr Kang was my mentor. He was a role model and even could've passed as a father figure but I wouldn't want to cross the line, I'm just his worker so the least I could do was assure him I would protect you no matter what and I would make sure you're well taken care of so I signed the documents. Your father agreed to make me your butler- that is the only way I can do what I've to do.” Signing, he stood up not waiting for her. “If you don't believe me, you can read this.” He placed a file on the table before standing up straight fixing his suit and he smiled warmly.

“Do what you think you must, I'm not forcing you. I believe it's harder for you to handle all this alone but I assure you I'll teach you and protect like I promised your dear father. I'll excuse myself for now.”

Seulgi's gaze followed his steps walking away, gently closing the door behind him. One thing was sure- Jinyoung was a smooth talker.

Opening the file she read carefully what was written, checked her Father's sign before shutting it off. But again how could she trust a total stranger. His actions, his language, his body behavior everything was so kind and gentle about but what irked her was his eyes. They speak differently than his entire presence. Cold experienced life though he was her age to have this kind of look but again she was a bit spoiled and who knows what kind of life he lived.

Lips turned down, she threw herself on the couch confused at her own self. Was she paranoid? Over-thinking? Rubbing her chest a few tears escaped. Father, mother, why do you have to leave me like this? Why is everything hard to cope with? Why you never told me about Jinyoung, it could've been easier.

“Thank you for accepting my request. I would make sure you are well taken care of, Seulgi ssi.” He spoke with pride of loyalty.

There were hardly any people around her care, Jinyoung at the least treated her like he actually cared so she decided to give it a chance. Maybe things would be easier this way.

 

 

                             ___________________________

 

 


Please let me know if someone is reading, that would definitely encourage me.