The ring

The way things were
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It smelled like soju.

 

Her attention was brought back by the liquid pouring from the top of her head. It was not everyday that a drunken person spilled something on her, but this was the first time that a drink was intentionally poured over her head. She looked up to see the smug smirk on the man's face as he continued to tilt the bottle until it was empty.

Chaeyeon held back her anger and tried to reason with the unreasonable man, "Sir, are you not going to come with me to the station? You've caused enough trouble here." She pointed at the barbecue place they were in front of, the same restaurant that called their outpost to complain about a disorderly drunk who had been disturbing the other customers.

"AISH, just let me be. Who do you think you are?" The man angrily asked, clearly in drunken stupor.

"I'm Constable Lee Chaeyeon from the Seocho-dong precinct."

"I don't care! Ya! How dare you talk back to me like that? Mind your manners!" The man looked like he had enough of Chaeyeon and raised his hands to swing the bottle at the police officer.

The bottle did not hit anything.

Instead, people watched as the unexceptional police officer grab the drunk man by the arm and effortlessly throw him over her shoulder. The man landed on the floor with a thud so loud that some of the customers of the barbecue place went out to check the source of the noise. Chaeyeon focused on the man lying on the ground, dazed and partially sobered up. She squatted down so that her face was closer to the man's face and flipped her long black hair that was covering her face.

"Move your fingers for me?" Chaeyeon ordered.

The man followed without question. 

Once Chaeyeon saw all fingers were perfectly fine, she grabbed both hands and cuffed the man, "I'm going to take you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter