Say you won't let go~

Dance with Me Baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was time for them to go home after a boring day of meeting with the upper and a tiring one from their usual early morning dance practices with her partner. The slightly tanned woman walks along the building, ready to take the elevator to go wait for her in the car so they can head straight back to their shared apartment. Her girlfriend told her to go ahead since she had to talk to their manager. Like the gentlewoman she is, she offered to wait for her, but she declined.

 

“Is she perhaps mad at me?” Seulgi thought to herself. “But why though?” Her girlfriend even cooked her favorite for their breakfast. Kimchi Fried Rice topped with a runny yolk sunny side up. Did she somehow pissed her off during one of the meetings? How? When? Why? Questions kept popping up inside her head. She may be overthinking at this point, but she just doesn’t get it. Her clingy Joohyun doesn’t want to walk with her.

 

Ridiculous ideas aside, she then met gaze with a familiar door: The dance practice room.

 

“Perfect” Seulgi thought. “If she’s trying something playful, then I should as well, right?”

 

Looking around the perimeter and seeing that no one is near the area, she tiptoed towards the door. Placing her ear against the wooden material to check if someone is there inside. Confirming that there’s no one, she peeked through only to see that the room is dark cold. And so, she entered. Her eyes adjusting through the dark, she crept her hands towards the wall, trying to look for the lights. When she had found it and flipped the switch, her monolid eyes darted towards her target and half jogged towards it.

 

“Hey buddy! I need you for a moment.” She said as she plugs her phone with the chord hanging loosely and looked through her playlist.

 

“Something… ro…man…tic. Hmmm. ro… man- BINGO!” Seulgi mumbled under her breath as she finally found the perfect song to set the mood just right. As she was about to text her girlfriend to tell her to get here, she suddenly heard a click.

 

”” The panicking woman cursed as she frantically looks for a hiding spot. Someone’s about to enter the room and so she leaped, squishing herself in between the sofa. She tried to wiggle her way to hide only to give up as soon as she heard the door fully open and close.  Head slowly poking out at the other side to bring out her brightest smile as she greeted the intruder of her romantic plan.

 

“Heeeeeeeeeyyy… Hehe” She tried to lessen the awkwardness of her position. There she was, in between the mirror wall and the sofa. Bum poking out of the side as she peeked her head on the other. Very evident that she gave up trying to hide because she knew she was already caught.

 

“Seulgi! Oh my! Yah! What are you doing there?!” Her and Joohyun’s manager greeted her, surprisingly. Well, who would expect to see the great Idol Kang Seulgi squishing in between tight spaces in a dance room instead of dancing her heart out right? Both got shocked to see each other especially the idol. Wasn’t Joohyun supposed to be talking to her at this very moment? she asked but kept it to herself.

 

“Oh me? I ummm (, her mind isn’t prepared to lie right now) I… can you not tell anyone about this? I… I got startled by the door, so my instinct told me to hide hehe” Awkward but hey, at least that’s the truth.

 

”O…kay? I guess? Anyways, I won’t be here for long, I just needed to…” The manager started looking around, only to walk towards the said needed item: Joohyun’s hoodie. ”Got what I need! Sorry for disturbing you Seul. But I got to go now! Bye!” And in a blink of an eye, the manager ran outside, awkwardness still lingering around the room.

 

“Well, that was weird. Why does she need Joohyun’s hoodie?” Seulgi started to think. There seems to be something odd about this. She never had the nerve to voice out her concern for the past few weeks, but she definitely noticed the growing closeness of the two. Joohyun, known to be very reluctant and cautious of the people around her, trusting only a few in the process, suddenly grew close with their new manager. She didn’t want to sound like the very possessive and easily jealous lover, that’s her girlfriend’s thing. But she is definitely feeling something negative inside her stomach.

 

For the past few weeks, Joohyun has been spending way too much time outside for a homebody like her. Randomly cutting off their “cozy dates” in their shared apartments only to go meet someone. She did try to ask who she was meeting with, only to be answered with a “friend”. There was nothing wrong with that. She’d be happy to let her girlfriend have other people around her for a change, but she didn’t like this “friend”. Because every time she spends hours with that so-called friend, her girlfriend would always come home late. Perhaps is this friend their manager?

 

And this thought is killing her. Sure, the manager looks pretty. She doesn’t possess the typical Korean beauty unlike her, but she is pretty. Sporting the same cat-like eyes, same chubby cheeks, same pointed nose, same round shaped face but she swears, Joohyun loves her feature more! Oh, she better does!

 

Thinking about it stresses the monolid woman more, unable to contain her pout of frustration only to be kissed away by a very familiar pair of soft lips.

 

“Earth to Seulgi?”

 

She was feeling the acid of her stomach eating her inside a moment ago, be replaced by the flapping of butterflies out of euphoria due to the mere presence of her girlfriend. And well of course, the kiss too. She swears, they’re addicting.

 

“J-Joohyun… h-hey…” She sheepishly smiled back at her.

 

“You were so zoned out, what were you thinking about hm?”

 

Well, she was only comparing herself with their said manager. Connecting the dots here and there. Feeling jealou- wait. Is she jealous? Does that acidic feeling mean she’s jealous? Damn, that tasted bitter.

 

“N-nothing… just um. Just thinking about our next schedule. Y-yeah. Yeah that.” The taller of the two tried to sound as convincing as possible to easily slip out, only to be damned by her stuttering. She only sounded like someone who has been caught doing something bad red handedly.

 

“Mhmm, sounds convincing to me. You better not be thinking of another woman, especially right now hm?” The shorter one threatened, raising one of her eyebrows for a better effect. Well maybe you’re the one who has another woman, Seulgi thought but said “Of course not.” instead.

 

“Good” Another sweet kiss from Joohyun. The shorter woman wrapped her arms around her girlfriend, resting her head against the woman’s chest to hug her in the process. “Why are you here anyway?”

 

”Why?” The hug was so warm. The familiar scent dancing its way towards her nose, intoxicating her senses, making her feel weak and numb. Making it hard for her to think about anything.

 

Joohyun chuckled. “Yes, I told you to wait by the car, right?”

 

“Hmm, I don’t know… oh.” Being this close to her girlfriend after today’s work made her feel relaxed, making her almost forget about her surprise.

 

“H-hold on.” Against her will, Seulgi prompted out her girlfriend’s embrace to walk towards the forgotten phone plugged in with the speaker system. “I… was actually about to ask Ms. Bae out.” She blurted out with a goofy grin in her face as she fixes the music set-up.

 

“My girlfriend has been working reaaaaaally hard for these past few days, making no time for me.” The playful woman stopped her actions for a while only to face her girlfriend and show her an exaggerated pout supported by some puppy eyes.

 

“You look stupid.” The victim receiving the other end of this playful act wasn’t able to contain her smile. Pale skin showing a healthy shade of pink by the cheeks.

 

“I’m your favorite stupid though.” The greasy girlfriend continued her playful attacks, enjoying the sight of her girlfriend melting away from her charms.

 

“You are…” Joohyun mumbled as she turned her face sideways, trying her best to hide her blush only to fail miserably because her girlfriend is enjoying this, and it shows.

 

“Well…” finishing the task, the taller woman walked towards her shy girlfriend as the sound of an acoustic guitar filled the air. Something romantic to set the mood just right.  “I would like to ask you…” she held her girlfriend’s smaller hands, looking right through her eyes as the other slowly shifted her own right on her too. Without breaking the eye contact, she slowly kneeled on one leg in front of her, kissing the pale hand in the process as she asked, “to dance with me baby?” finishing the playful act with an innocent smile. As if this woman right there didn’t just make the “visual goddess”, Ms. Bae Joohyun, blush madly.

 

Biting her lower lip, the woman standing lowered herself as she followed her girlfriend’s position. With her free hand, she took the slightly tanned hand to kiss it sweetly. “Without question baby.”

 

Both women chuckled and blushed from their playful antics. But who cares though, they are both madly in love starting from day one and will continue to be so. They stood up at the same time, the shorter woman placing both her arms around the taller one’s neck. The latter closing their distance as she enclosed her arms around her girlfriend’s waist. Forehead against each other, both lips sporting bright smiles. A smile so endearing to capture for it shows what love does to a person. Their both eyes closed as they feel the guitar strings play romantically throughout the song. Bodies swaying side to side, not minding the world around them. Two lovers dancing together as their ears listened to the man’s voice singing every line with love as the speakers amplify the song.

 

They may have not experienced prom when they were younger. Dancing the night away with some cheesy- music with a boy or a girl they thought would be their one great love. No. They spent almost all their childhood dancing to sick beats as they try to perfect their skills in order to debut and still remain relevant for years to come. Even though little Joohyun wasn’t able to have prom, at least she was able to dance on multiple stages. All varying in sizes, colors and music, with her favorite person.

 

Sure, dancing to pop may not sound so romantic, but the idea of having secret glances, touches and ghostly kisses as they stand in front of the crowd and having their acts noticed only by the two of them were more than enough. Seeing millions of fans enjoying your performance as your heart never ceases to be amazed of how far you have come while glancing through the crowd. Of how you are achieving your dream, together with the person you wanted to share your journey with as you look at the beautiful woman beside you.

 

But of course, impromptu slow dances with Seulgi like this are also amazing in a different but good way. The soft and relaxing sound lulling their ears as they embrace each other closely. Experiencing the same feelings but for a different reason. Like feeling your bodies get warmer every minute, not because of the fast-paced and complex choreo, but because of having strong yet gentle arms wrapped around you. Or how you would always seem to be out of breath every time the song ends not because of exhaustion, but because you have been unconsciously holding your breath from time to time whenever the feelings are too much to handle. Because she looks at you as if you are the most beautiful woman in the world. Because her hands feel so soft as it touches your skin. Because you realize you are falling in love all over again with the same person, yet it always feels like brand new.

 

Needless to say, dancing has become their love language over the years. From how intensely or sweetly one looks at the other. Or how soft yet protective the touches are. By every step, every glance, you could feel the love between the two. 

 

“Baby” slowly, Seulgi puts a small distance in between them, a dismay to Joohyun’s part.

 

“Why?” she half-whined as she felt the slight change of temperature as the cold air of the room touches her skin.

 

“I want to try something” the playful girlfriend is back and Joohyun knows, but still, she acts clueless and asks “What?”

 

Without answering, Seulgi completely let go from their embrace and smoothly maneuvers herself behind Joohyun, causing the latter to look over her shoulder out of curiosity.

 

“Then you smiled over your shoulder~” Seulgi sung the lyrics with a glint of playfulness in her voice but overall, you can feel the sincerity.

 

Joohyun knew Seulgi was planning onto something, but she never expected this. This, this is her plan: to serenade each other while doing what they love to do together. The smaller woman is now grasping the situation, and that made her smile.

 

, that smile. Seulgi smiled back in victory.

 

‘I pulled you closer to my chest~’

 

The taller woman held Joohyun by her hand and gently pulled her back into her arms, making the smaller of the two twirl gracefully as she faced her lover. Resting her head for a second, trying to hear her girlfriend’s raising pulse. My sweet melody, Joohyun thought.

 

They continued to sway side to side, breaking the humming as Joohyun cupped Seulgi’s soft and chubby cheeks suddenly. Her lips then met hers for an innocent kiss as she sang:

 

“I knew I loved you then, but you’d never know~”

 

She playfully boops her girlfriend’s cute soft pointed nose as the other stays dumbfounded due to the sudden kiss.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter