↳ 𝒐𝒏𝒆.

Nubivagant

Sherika's

I was silently reading the horoscope about Taurus people, when a bunch of idiots at my age came, approaching me loudly. It was as if we never met for years now, but it's the exact opposite of it. For me who doesn't waste any time feeling free as bird, how tiring it is for me to deal with them every now and then.

Someone slapped the back of my head, a round and heavy thing that snaps me back into the reality. "Hey buddy, you should have seen your face! It was priceless!" shouted, Baekhyun.Β 

While the others were giving him a warning glare, it seems like he doesn't mind at all having a mad bull in front of him. I am mad, DEFINITELY. He was about to reach for my head to pat it when I throw it away, keeping it from approaching any further.Β 

"What are you reading, Eri?" Sehun, the only decent man among them asked. He sat beside me, not minding the remaining bunch of idiots fighting over who's at fault.

I raised my book, showing him the title which made him let out a chuckle. "I see, you're still into those books. Isn't it hard keeping up the latest horoscopes when you're actually a business major student?" He asked, which is not wrong.

I am Sherika, a business major in her last year of teenage years. These idiots are sadly, my friends. I never liked this path I'm taking, only because I have to in favor of my deceased brother. Another one who originally their friend. They were only asked to keep an eye on me, thinking I would be wasting my given chance to live freely as I am right now. I am still in my right mind, and astrology keeps me sane.

"Would you want to visit him, after class?" Sehun asked out of the blue.

Others went quiet waiting for my answer. The loud and playful Baekhyun stared at me, as if pleading. I couldn't blame them. I never visited my brother's grave since that unfortunate accident I've caused. My horoscope that day didn't aligned with the stars. Only if I knew earlier, then we could have prevented his death, maybe in another universe apart from us he will always be alive. Existing with his gummy smile, written his name up the clouds. Proudly saying, he's a graduate of business and that he is Park Chanyeol, the sister of Sherika Park.

I slowly nodded thinking of the possibilities. Today is the day of a Libra, and this time may my horoscope won't fail me for once. Maybe, it's time to face him afterall. It's been a year since his death, and since then I never think of myself highly than a debris' worth. In the middle of thousand stars which pass by us in a brink, I am that mere dust in the outerspace.

---

Time passed by right in front of our eyes, and now it's dismissal time. The time where I'll have to meet my lost worth, lying in the cold cement. Knowing him, his ears must be red from cold right now. He would complain about me drinking his hot chocolate at this time of the month, but never again will that happen.

Inside the moving car, I stared outside above the dark clouds. There's no stars at all, or is it because the sun just started setting a while back? Its now the time for the moon to shine, I wonder does Luna feel happy these hours? Less than half of the day she could witness the world below her, without people celebrating under her. Only Sol could appreciate everything under the sun, everything under her. Lost in the deep thinking of Sol and Luna, I didn't notice we already arrived at the cemetery where he was burried, lifeless.

I sighed at the thought and brought the flowers with me. The rest of them ran, excited to meet their friend. At least, to reminisce their old exchange smiles. If there are people who miss him more than me, they miss him the most. Our parents? Since his death they've set our worlds apart. Giving me enough money and other necessities only for me to survive. They've been busy making money, or to escape their favorite child's death. I sighed at the thought and sat in front of his grave. The others were playing tags, as if they're back to being children. Not Baekhyun, who chose to sat beside me. I almost forgot, they were the best of friends way back.

It must pained him seeing his almost other half, a friend who is a soulmate to him lie in his grave. I never had any friends, and I sometimes wonder what if its me who died instead of him? Will things be different as it is right now? Will the stars be good enough to continue and let their lives shine? Without dull days or having to worry of a girl who's worth is a mere debris.

"Hey, it's been a while..." I started. Baekhyun kept his head hang low, waiting for me to continue.

"... you're so unfair." I said between my deep breathes.

"Because of you, I couldn't reach my dreams. Here I am stuck reaching for yours, because I feel I'm indebted to you for my whole life. I know you wouldn't want me to be this way, but it's the stars who chose this path for me. They're trying to lead me down what you have started, and I'll definitely do my best." I said, trying not to sob for this over flowing emotions I'm feeling.

"I hope you could tell the stars you're proud of having me as your sister, rest assured I'll make you more proud."

"...but I think I couldn't fully grasp of me being your ideal successful businesswoman. Sometimes, I have to choose myself to be happy right? To never imprison myself through regrets, because if I do there will be more regrets to come." I said, caressing his gravestone.

I looked above for me to see a night sky full of stars. I smiled at the beautiful sight, and looked beside me only to find the smiling Baekhyun facing above.

"I will shift, and make you proud that you'll have an astronaut little sister." I said, and smiled proudly.Β 

It was as if I've accomplished something when I haven't started anything YET. "I'll do it, but because I wanted it."

"This day, under theseΒ stars, I started to take a leap alone. Waiting for a satisfied and determined soul to join me."