Hearts

Seeing you (across from me)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dahyun let out a breath, fogging up the glass, before drawing a small heart.

 

"You know you can just walk to her department and ask for her name right?"

 

"Now where's the fun in that, Chaeng?" Dahyun answered with a smirk as she turned around to face her friends, only for it to be wiped from her face by Tzuyu's rebuttal.

 

"Just be honest that you're terrified to face the girl and ask for her name, Kim."

 

"I-" Dahyun stuttered. "I don't know what you're talking about, Chou," she mocked back while crossing her arms in defiance.

 

Tzuyu quirked a brow. “Oh, really?” Teasing.

 

It’s been months now since Dahyun had first set eyes on the mystery girl across from their building and declared her love. Months filled with the korean pining after the blonde, letting her mind be consumed by what-ifs as she stared out the window dreamily. 

 

Months of Dahyun taking no action on her growing crush whatsoever. 

 

Okay, so maybe she’ll admit that she’s a bit scared to approach the mystery girl. But only a little. 

 

Chaeyoung faked a cough, covering . “Coward.” The younger korean shot an innocent smile at her when Dahyun narrowed her eyes. 

 

“Remind me again as to why you run from Mina everytime you see her?” She shot back at the younger. Turning the tables around.

 

Chaeyoung immediately spluttered at that, cheeks reddening as she shook her head vehemently. “That’s different!”

 

 Chaeyoung pointed an accusatory finger at her. “Don’t even try to change the subject here!”

 

Dahyun rolled her eyes in mock annoyance, making a noise and turning away to face their professor, who was in the middle of a lecture. 

 

Dang, it didn’t work. 

 

The pale girl didn't understand why Chaeyoung ran from Mina, trying her best to avoid the japanese, when it was clear to see that they both shared mutual feelings towards one another. 

 

The lucky .

 

If Dahyun knew the mystery girl on a closer level, then she definitely wouldn’t run. That’s what she thought to herself. 

 

Maybe she would never find out, though-

 

She pushed the thought away from her mind, refocusing on what was being shown on the large projector, which happened to be multiple paragraphs of text. Dahyun went back to her own antics.

 

Dahyun yawned, trying to tune out the monotone droning that was the voice of her professor.

 

The class was boring and the professor was horrible, yet Dahyun looked forward to attending class since it meant that she could catch a glimpse of the blonde beauty through the window. Just the sight of the girl was enough to make her whole day.

 

Dahyun let out a breath before glancing up to the side on habit, only for her to find honey-brown eyes staring back at her curiously. 

 

Honey-brown?

 

What. 

 

The korean did a quick double take, blinking rapidly. And sure enough, the blonde beauty was smiling at her. 

 

At her. 

 

So of course, Dahyun acted appropriately.

 

Not being subtle in the slightest, Dahyun choked on air, spluttering. She whipped away from the window, her face bright red in embarrassment. 

 

Oh , she definitely saw that. .

 

The korean didn't know whether to squeal in excitement at the fact that the girl had actually noticed her, or slam her head into the desk in embarrassment.

 

(Un)fortunately, her professor made the decision easier for her.

 

"Ms. Kim."

 

Dahyun whipped her head upwards in fear, her eyes wide in fear. The annoyed face of a teacher that disliked their job stared back at her. "Y-yes?" Dreading the confrontation. 

 

"Would you care to enlighten us all?" The directness of the question made the younger girl wince. 

 

Dahyun peeked around, seeing how everyone was now staring at her. And she felt the tips of her ears get warmer. 

 

"Uh- no." 

 

She would like to keep the knowledge of the beautiful girl to herself, thank you very much. No one else needed to know, except for her. 'Less competition, too,' Dahyun internally smirked.

 

"Then, I suggest that you focus on my lesson instead of giggling in the back of the class."

 

Dahyun ducked her head down in mortification. "Sorry..."

 

Meanwhile, her soon-to-be ex-friends silently snickered next to her, making her pout. They were making the situation that much worse, and Dahyun knew to expect the teasing to come after the lecture.

 

As usual.

 

She scowled at the thought and angrily kicked one of their legs. Hard. Chaeyoung was the one that just so happened to be the one who took the brunt of the force.

 

Chaeyoung cried out, clutching her shin in pain. "HEY-"

 

A furious glare directed at them had the trio quickly shutting up and straightening in their seats. 

 

Dahyun bit her lip, trying to stifle the burst of laughter within her. She maintained her stare with the suspicious, narrowed eyes in front of her, internally screaming for the woman to move on. 

 

Waiting for the professor to turn back around to the front of the class, the girls finally let out a breath in relief. Dahyun slumped into her chair, grabbing her pencil off the desk.

 

Getting yelled at was almost like the norm in this class, or in any of their classes together honestly. 

 

"Stop dragging me into your trouble." Tzuyu muttered under her breath, continuing to stare straight ahead at the whiteboard. 

 

Her two crazy best friends were always getting themselves into the worst situations possible, while Tzuyu was the innocent one, yet still getting called out. She didn’t think her heart or mind could handle the stress of looking after them anymore. She was going to have a heart attack one day, and when that happens, everyone will know who exactly were the causes. 

 

Dahyun loudly whispered as she doodled tofus in her notebook, "Hate to break it to you, but you're definitely a part of this mess." A vital part, in fact. 

 

"Yup yup," Chaeyoung added in, twirling her pen around her fingers. 

 

It wouldn’t be the School Meal Club without the tall, taiwanese beauty. 

 

Hearing their instantaneous rebuttals, Tzuyu let out a groan, giving up on taking any sort of notes. She was stuck with these two idiots. God help her. 

 

As Tzuyu was rethinking her life decisions and Chaeyoung was busy drawing a little strawberry on the corner of her page, Dahyun risked another glance at the window. 

 

She still couldn’t believe that the girl had finally noticed her after those long grueling months. Maybe now something could actually progress...

 

Looking, Dahyun only saw blonde hair outlining a side profile and was di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter