The End

“I don’t love you that way… I think?”

Yena doesn’t remember when it happened. She doesn’t remember when she started looking for Chaewon rather than her own friends. She doesn’t remember when she started feeling the butterflies raging inside her stomach when she found out that Chaewon was outside her place despite how late it was. She doesn’t remember when she started wanting to know how soft Chaewon’s lips would be. She doesn’t remember when she started wanting to keep the warmth Chaewon would give to her whenever they would cuddle.

She doesn’t remember when exactly she fell for Kim Chaewon.

Yena used to dislike the idea of letting someone see her be this vulnerable, but the things she feels when its Chaewon with her, she’s willing to show Chaewon because of the warmth the younger would give to her calms her down. “Unnie, you know you don’t always have to be the one cheering everyone up. You can always do better tomorrow and the day after.” Chaewon reassures her as she pulls Yena closer to her. Yena feels safe in her arms. She feels at home and she wishes they could stay like this.

Yena stretches as she glanced at the window as to where the choir club would be. All her attention was focused on looking for Chaewon that she doesn’t realize how dumb she looked to the choir members who saw her. She also doesn’t realize that their coach was behind them, and when she finally finds Chaewon and Chaewon found her too, she watched as Yena was dragged to the field and this made Chaewon laugh. Yena couldn’t help but smile fondly, ignoring the fact that she was being scolded. “Choi, go run around the field and stop staring at Chaewon!” Her coach yelled and Yena panics and starts running. Her teammates just stared at her while laughing as to how her eyes were still focused on Chaewon. She was too focused that she doesn’t notice the pole that was in front of her. She bumps into it and even Chaewon got up to check on her. Yena just stays on the floor and at first, she’s just in shock before she started bawling her eyes. “Yah! You should’ve watched where you were going instead of staring at me!” Yena stopped crying when she saw who was crouching beside her. She sat up suddenly before feeling the headache from the impact. “What do you mean ‘yah’?” Yena glares at Chaewon who rolls her eyes before helping her stand up. “I’ll take to the clinic.” She announces and Yena’s friends nodded as they watched Yena being taken to the clinic.

“Was I that pretty that you couldn’t take your eyes off me?” Chaewon teases as they waited for the nurse to come back. Yena scoffs not even looking at Chaewon because she knows Chaewon would realize that what she said was right. “As if.” She mumbled and Chaewon laughs before grabbing Yena’s hand. “No but on a serious note, you should be careful unnie.” Chaewon whispers softly and Yena can’t help but melt as she rested her head on Chaewon’s shoulder. “How are you so good with words, Chaewon?” Yena whispered as she hid herself on the back of Chaewon’s neck. The strong smell of baby and mint makes her smile as she scoots even closer. Chaewon just lets the older whatever she wants, because she knew she didn’t have the heart to disagree to the person she loves. “I love you so much unnie, and I’ll try my best to make you fall for me.”

‘There’s not much to do, Chae, because I’m already falling for you.’

Yena grins and the sudden sound of the door made both flinch as they swiftly moved away from each other. The nurse however decided to pretend that she didn’t see anything as she hands Yena an ice pack. “Next time, try not to bump into a pole again Yen. This is like the 3rd time this week.” The nurse scolds and Yena could only laugh awkwardly before thanking the nurse.

Once they both had left the clinic, Yena notices how hard the younger was staring at her. “Okay what is it?” Yena questioned the younger who was looking at her straight in the eye.

“3rd time this week?”

“I was looking for…” Yena trailed off when she realized what she was going to say. “For something and then that’s when it happened!” She lied and luckily the younger believed her, she mentally gave herself a pat in the back for deceiving the younger. “I swear you need to be careful next time.” Chaewon scolds her and Yena starts questioning if she was really younger than her.

“I will, Chaewon unnieee.” Chaewon cringes when she heard Yena call her unnie. “Don’t say that again.” Chaewon crinkled her nose as she pushed Yena lightly.

Club activities were now over and they were both on their way to the music room to grab Chaewon’s bag. “It had already been 2 years since you admitted that you have a crush on me,” Yena puts down her bag before taking a seat, Chaewon just watches her, waiting for the older to finish her sentence. “And I’ll be graduating soon, what do you plan to do?” Chaewon was taken aback but she soon realizes it too, Yena’s graduation was just months away, what does she plan to do? “I’ll still try my best to make you fall for me.” Chaewon looks at her straight in the eye, and Yena could see how soft the younger looked at her that it wasn’t hard to decipher as to what she said was true or false. “It doesn’t matter if you’re far from me, I know where you live anyways. I can always come over and talk to you or I can even call your phone. I’m willing to look for new ways just to see you unnie.” Yena hates how Chaewon’s words were starting to get to her. She hates the blush that spread like wildfire on her face. She hates how she has to bite the insides of her cheek just to stop herself from smiling.

Yena nods her head before standing up to walk around the room while looking at the instruments that were displayed, ignoring the younger’s confused stare. She ignores the fact that she sees Chaewon walking towards her. She ignores the fact that she feels Chaewon caressing her cheeks. She ignores the fact that she feels how close Chaewon was.

But she doesn’t ignore the fact that Chaewon is kissing her right now.

She doesn’t push Chaewon away instead she pulls her even closer. Chaewon was surprised but nevertheless she can’t help but smile.

Yena is a fool for lying to herself that she doesn’t feel the same. Yena admits that she feels bad for making Chaewon wait, but she had to make sure if what she’s feeling for Chaewon were true, and the kiss seemed to convince her.

This was when Yena, at the same time she knows when it happened. She remembered how Chaewon kept looking for her and kept asking her as to where her next class would be. She remembered how Chaewon had called her late at night and that was when she found out that the younger was outside. She remembered how both had almost kissed when they were dancing under the rain. She remembered how she had fallen asleep in Chaewon’s arms during that time she was at her lowest.

She remembered when exactly she fell for Kim Chaewon.

She was just scared to admit it.

“I love you too, Chae.” Yena finally answers as she rests her head on Chaewon’s shoulders. “I’m sorry I made you wait. I just wanted to be sure with my feelings.” Yena admits before inhaling deeply, she once again feels at home when Chaewon pulls her by the waist. “Can we stay like this for a while?” Yena whispers and she can feel Chaewon nodding. They stay like this as if their school didn't have any sort of curfew. They stay like this as if it was just them, and they weren't going to complain especially Chaewon who felt like she can finally pass away since she can finally call Yena hers. She knew waiting would be worth it.

“Let's go to your place and watch movies!” Chaewon cheered as she carries their bags towards their school's parking lot. “Wait for me!” Yena complained as she tried to catch up.