fin.

Scenery
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yeon held a large leaf in hand whereas Seul held the clear umbrella over them with one hand as the sisters looked at one another with smiles on their faces to which they posed for the so-called candid shot in request of their mother and soon-to-be stepmother.

"Ooh, lovely, girls!"

Narae exclaimed as she proudly took the picture of her two daughters before looking over at her ex-husband's fiancee.

"Don't you think, Sanghee?"

"Yes, Narae. They're quite lovely."

Sanghee then glanced at Jangmi in her arms.

"Right, Jangmi? Mommy and Auntie Yeonnie looked pretty, huh?"

"Pretty! Pretty!" Jangmi cooed with a laugh as Sanghee continued speaking.

"That's right. You can't tell that they were annoyed with us at all throughout the day."

Jangmi agreed with a happy-go-lucky attitude as the older women chuckled leaving the younger two to eyed them a bit annoyed. Of course Jangmi had no clue what was going on besides knowing that she was having a grand time.

"Obviously." Yeon curtly responded while the plant between her index finger and thumb before handing it to Jangmi.

"When y'all wanted to talk about the future of our soon-to-siblings, I didn't expect to be out here at Dream Forest having a grandmother-mother-daughter-granddaughter-auntie-niece whatever bonding time."

"Yeah," Seul agreed while handing the clear umbrella to her daughter as Sanghee set her down as the little one ran about them.

"Although I don't really mind, but we haven't even talked much. Just sight-seeing."

"If we did that, then we knew that Yeon wouldn't come." Sanghee explained with a knowing look.

"Um, yeah."

Yeon shot them a pointed look.

"I wouldn't even be wearing this dress if it was my choice."

"But you look so beautiful, my daughter." Narae cooed. "I can't imagine how you'll look at the wedding for Sanghee and Kisuk soon."

"Or for yours and Yongin." Sanghee added with a similar attitude.

Both women gushed at the idea of their weddings, but also that the other three would be a part of it. Yeon's face scrunched at both possibilities being very likely soon as Seul shoulder her with a mischievous look.

"Yeah, two events where you'll have to be all dressed up."

"Ugh. Don't remind me. I still have to go dress shopping for Sanghee's engagement party."

"Yeah, you still have several weeks before then." Sanghee smiled as Yeon sighed tiredly.

"But I still have to get dressed up."

"Oh, you'll live." Narae told her eldest daughter before taking another photo with a grin.

Narae took a few more of her  granddaughter.

"No wonder you get that from her." Yeon remarked to Seul as the younger sister chuckled.

"Yeah, yeah. Anyways," Seul changed the topic, "What else is on the agenda for today?"

"Nothing really." Narae answered with Sanghee nodding.

"Yeah. We mainly just wanted to get away for a few hours."

"Seriously?"

Yeon was not amused.

"We could've gone literally anywhere outside of Seoul for a better scene."

"Well, technically, it was more for the two of you then us." Narae explained with a sheepish look. "Sanghee mentioned some incidents at work and we both agreed that the two of you needed some relaxation in your schedule."

Sanghee held up a hand in her defense.

"To be truthful, it was just our idea. Kisuk is still unaware that the two of you work at EDAM since the both of you have applied under an alias."

"Okay, but y'all still could've just told us that, too." Seul said with a firm tone. "It's not like we're three."

"That's quite true." Narae agreed before shooting her daughters a knowing look. "But the same goes for the two of you when applying for a job outside either family's workplaces. You could've just rejected the positions we had aligned for you."

"Nah, Dad would've forced us either way."

Seul remarked as Sanghee nodded knowing that was the truth.

"Yes, that's true. Kisuk seems like the type."

Narae changed the subject a second later.

"Yes, he very much is. Anyways, let's get lunch on our way back home. Jangmi you're hungry, right?"

"Yeah! Food! Let's go!"

Jangmi charged on ahead as the umbrella and leaf in each hand moved about her in motion while the quartet followed suit with smiles on their faces. The quintet enjoyed a nice meal at a nearby restaurant while discussing Sanghee's engagement party as well as the future of the newborns. After that both Narae and Sanghee went about their own day leaving the trio to return home after stopping by a bakery along the day.

"Can Auntie have some of your milk bread?"

Yeon asked her niece while placing her hand near the said dessert.

"No."

Jangmi declined with a giggle as she moved the treat away from Yeon's reach.

"Are you three, too?"

Seul questioned her sister with Yeon frowning.

"Um, yeah I am because that was mine before your daughter wanted to trade because she didn't like the mango yogurt."

"Then you should've just ordered her the same thing than let her decide."

"Yeah, I know, but I wanted Jangmi to decide for herself since she liked how the drink looked."

Yeon went back to eating the yogurt while watching her niece happily tear apart the milk bun. Seul scoffed with a knowing smile.

" for you."

Yeon ignored her as Seul answered a call that came shortly after.

"Hello?"

Seul immediately muted the call while facing her sister.

"Um, it's my boss. I'll be back."

Seul patted her daughter's head.

"Mommy got a call, okay. Be good for Auntie Yeonnie, okay?"

"Otay!"

Jangmi responded cheerfully as Seul cast the two a smile before standing and walking out of the shop. Yeon watched her sister before facing her niece.

"If auntie buys another one, then you won't take that one, right?"

"No."

Jangmi giggled while chewing a piece of the condensed milk bread as Yeon knew that her niece was lying, but smiled anyways.

"Hey," Came Seul's voice as she returned, "I have to run some errands for my boss. Will you be able to watch Jangmi alone?"

"Yeah. I'll be fine. Do what you gotta do." Yeon told her sister.

"Thanks."

Seul patted her daughter's head.

"Mommy gotta work. Be good for Auntie Yeonnie until I'm done. Okay?"

"Otay. Love you."

Jangmi puckered her lips as Seul leaned closer for a kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you, and Mommy loves you, too."

Seul returned the same gestured before leaving with the umbrella that Yeon handed to her.

"Okay, so it's just you and me, MiMi. What do you wanna do after this?"

"Thank you for taking care of this errand on short notice, Ms. Lee. I really appreciate it."

Youngbin thanked Seul with a grateful smile as she brought him the Milkis cake from Tous Les Jours for a business function at the Four Seasons Hotel. He noticed her attire with a slight frown as the pair met at the front desk.

"I didn't pull you away from a previous engagement, did I? You didn't get caught in the rain either, I hope."

Seul shook her head.

"Oh, no. You didn't and the rain was very light out, but you're welcome, Mr. Kim. Luckily, I was nearby after an outing with family."

She vaguely informed him as she knew that Youkyoung was supposed to have ordered the cake and have it deliver beforehand, but no order was made and it left Seul to scramble at the last minute on her boss' behalf. Youngbin was unable to get a hold of his secretary as well.

"Oh, okay. That's good to hear."

Seul cast him a small smile.

"Will there be anything else, Mr. Kim?"

"No. I should be fine now. Thank you, Ms. Lee."

He looked about him before returning his gaze onto his personal assistant.

"Hopefully Ms. Seo will arrive and I won't have to bother you too much."

"Well, I am your personal assistant and it is my job to take care of errands and other miscellaneous things that Ms. Seo is unable to."

"Yes, very true. Well, Ms. Lee, have a wonderful evening."

"And the same to you, Mr. Kim."

Seul cast him one more polite smile before turning away. Her attention soon drifted to another part of the lobby upon recalling Sanghee wanted to have her engagement here at the same hotel. The hall was large

Please log in to read the full chapter