All Along

Excerpt of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---

Was it from the beginning? When she first met her on the survival show? When she announced her name to be on her team for the evaluations? Maybe it had been budding since then. It may have been the start, but the story barely seemed to continue within the next 3 years. Only once in a while; from time to time, would they share a fragmented moment with one another. With a language barrier being put up for the first year or so, the last 2 years seemed to fly faster than either had anticipated.

"Hey Kkura, you okay?"

A voice to bring her from her thoughts, Sakura looked to Eunbi, who was sharing a comforting smile. She imagines the girl had just finished her talk with Hyewon, similar to how she finished her own with Chaeyeon. The smile on Eunbi's face was one that warmed Sakura's heart.

"Honestly... I thought I would feel worse, but I think we both felt the same way."

To return from being lovey-dovey to just friends, Sakura would have assumed the feelings would hit her harder than they had. But maybe Chaeyeon was right, maybe just being 'best friends' with each other was all the two ever needed between them.

Sakura recalled when they found the girls again. She admits the surprise that she had when she saw Hyewon and Chaeyeon staring at each other so lovingly, but nothing more. Even after getting their memories back, the two girls seemed to return to normal, minus their new feelings for one another. Maybe she was just happy that Chaeyeon had found someone that would be there for her as much as she had, maybe even moreso.

"We're both still friends unnie. We're not letting something like this ruin the mission, that's why we talked it out afterall."

Despite the resolve on Sakura's face, Eunbi still opened her arms widely to allow the girl entry.

---

Eunbi was glad it was Sakura that had her memories first, but she wouldn't tell anyone that. Something about Sakura had always put Eunbi at ease, maybe because she always seemed to know what she was doing, despite being a little clumsy? Even when she first arrived to this new world. Even after confronting Hyewon and Yujin which resulted in failure. Even after hearing how Sakura herself failed to do so on her own side, she still approached Eunbi and the other two.

When Sakura realized That Eunbi also had her memories, she jumped the girl, overjoyous of the situation.

"I heard the story you know... from the other you."

It was still unsettling to Eunbi. To hear about another version of her being mentioned as simple as the sky being blue. Despite the awkward feeling, Eunbi could feel herself blushing, worried just how much the other Eunbi really had said to Sakura. Was the other Eunbi as sure of her feelings as she was. They weren't any different from each other, but then again, the other version had countless years to think about things while she only had the last few years of her life to consider her own feelings.

---

Eve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter