=The Start of Endless Suffering=

Endless Night

=The Start of Endless Suffering=

 

Two hundred years have passed since Ji Ruan took post as the King Yeomra of the Underworld, replacing the last king after he had turned into dust. The old man had been living for dozens millenium without any much delight that once he fell in love, he chose to perish with his loved one, accompanying the punishment of that demoness who committed the grave crime of annihilating an entire region of living beings.

The considered young goddess has not completed her human tribulations yet when she takes the throne of the Underworld while in the whole three realms is a position which is believed just a step lower than the Heavenly Ruler, and a taboo by many. Even if Ji Ruan is actually too lazy to do the trials, she eventually chooses to finish it as soon as possible as it is better than facing some unforeseen karma.

With that thought in mind, as her thousand years old birthday is approaching, she flies upward, meeting the Heavenly Ruler to demand for the human trial decree. When the old man is very accommodating, his eldest daughter isn't much.

"You make the Heavenly tiles polluted with so much darkness, Ji Ruan."

Ji Ruan ignored those mocking words as she flew toward the Heavenly Gate meters ahead, totally ignoring the deity in white gown.

Subin, the Goddess of Fate, isn't happy when she sees Ji Ruan ignore her. "You have been banished from Heaven and shouldn't take a step in for the rest of your life."

With the rolling paper of the Heavenly decree clutched in her hand, Ji Ruan continues her steps. Flies closer and closer toward the gate, she really is too lazy to handle her troublesome half-sister. But it is a pity that Subin just doesn't let her leave and go back peacefully to her comfortable-though-quite-hot-underworld room.

The Goddess of Fate closes the Heavenly Gate forcefully with her power out of annoyance, preventing Ji Ruan from passing through. Without any word, Ji Ruan turns around her body and stares at Subin calmly.

"Heaven is no longer where you belong, where you can come and go as much as you want. A fallen deity like you should receive punishment before leaving," Subin's loud voice succeeds in catching nearby deities, as they slowly stop on their way and watch the commotion in interest.

Ji Ruan lazily smirks as ice slowly froze their way up to Subin, freezing her up from the tip of her gown. With a wave of her sleeve, the tightly closed Heavenly Gate opens up in seconds, those huge doors also covered in a thick layer of ice. At the sides, the spectators turn their heads in fright, avoiding King Yeomra's gaze as the young powerful king walks past the gate, leaving behind Subin who is livid with rage.

As her back facing the crowd, they can't see the cold smile which decorated the beautiful King of the Underworld slowly covered in blood. Freezing the entire Heavenly Gate isn't a light thing, it flares up her old injuries. She actually doesn't care much, but Ji Ruan suddenly halts for a second as her sight catches the decree in her hand.

Hell, those old injuries aren't her biggest problem right now. What she did just seconds ago will surely makes Subin angry. That petty woman definitely will take revenge in the near future and that brilliant chance is very near as she will face her tribulations very soon. The Goddess of Fate surely has her tightly in her palm for the next seven lifetimes she is going to spend in the human world.

It seems that her endless suffering is just a door step away.

 

~