Operation-stay-in-bed

Blanket Cocoon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Happy Seulrene Day, just a oneshot where Seulrene shut out the world and stay wrapped up in their blanket-like cocoon because it’s what they want, and self-care and what not. So please enjoy it. Happy Seulrene Day



 

“Okay, honey. It’s time for a final check,” Bae Joohyun entered the bedroom with a list in her hand. “Do we have snacks?”

 

“Yep, all of your favorites and mine too,” her wife Kang Seulgi nodded and gestured to the box on their bed that was indeed a mix of different chips, cookies, candies and fruits. Just to name a few things. Afterwards, Joohyun checks off snacks on the list before moving onto another essential.

 

“What about water?”

 

“We have plenty of water, Hyunnie.” Seulgi points to the small case of water. She had personally made sure to pick up the water herself when at the store the other day. Water was something they wouldn’t be running out of anytime soon. 

 

“Okay, check.” Joohyun proceeds to check the water from their list.

 

For all intents and purposes it did appear like a couple getting ready for a trip of some kind. They were preparing for something alright. Just not exactly a trip.

 

“Now for the most important thing.” Seulgi smiles and gestures to the bed and its inviting warm blankets and sheets. “I bought that really nice sheet set you wanted from the store, Hyun.”

 

Joohyun’s eyes begin to light up like her wife just told her she had finally stopped her awful habit of cracking her knuckles.

 

“Do you mean the 1000 thread count sheets! The one I’ve only been looking at for weeks. Seul, did you really?”

 

“Uh-huh,” The taller of the two nods with another warm smile. She knew Joohyun wanted that sheet set without her wife having to say anything. That happens when you know your wife as long as they have known one another. Besides, she’d do anything for Joohyun. “Anything for you, Hyun. Now the last one in the bed has to fix the blanket cocoon properly.”

 

“Hey!” Joohyun laughed out loud and hurried to get over to the bed first. And yes, that was exactly what the couple were doing today. They weren’t going over a checklist of things needed to go away for a trip. Oh no that wasn’t it at all. Kang Seulgi and Bae Joohyun just liked to have their moments alone. Moments where they could shut out the entire world, wrap themselves in a blanket cocoon, and simply be together.

 

“I win!” Joohyun announces triumphantly as she makes it to the bed before Seulgi. Joohyun is positive that her wife let her win. Because Seulgi was closer to the bed than she had been. But Seulgi is sweet in that way. She’ll often lose on purpose in plenty of situations just to make Joohyun happy. Since Joohyun did “win” that meant it was Seulgi’s responsibility to get them safely into their blanket cocoon. Truthfully, Joohyun prefers when Seulgi does this. There’s just something about the way her wife wraps them both up in those blankets that seems better to her. Like the action itself fills Joohyun with even more warmth than the blankets ever could.

 

“Yes, you win.” Seulgi agrees with a tender smile as she leans down towards Joohyun’s lips. She pushes aside dark locks and kisses the top of Joohyun’s forehead too. The next step was making sure they were all secure in the new blankets. Because once they entered their cocoon. The rest of the world would cease to exist. For an undetermined amount of time, or less depending on how long they wanted to stay in bed.

 

“Are you comfortable?” Seulgi asks when they are both securely under a warm blanket and soft sheets. There was a reason why Joohyun wanted this particular set because of its quality. Seulgi could honestly see why her wife wanted this from the moment she herself touched them. They were the kind of sheets that you could just fall asleep instantly. Hotel-quality sheets at it’s finest.

 

“I’m very comfortable, Seul.” She leans her head onto Seulgi’s chest and snuggles up as close as possible. The wonderful new sheets aside. There is no better comfort than being close to the woman she loves. And Seulgi is probably the warmest and most comfortable person she’s ever met. 

 

“Good, now operation stay-in-bed and shut out the world can begin.”

 

It was a thing the couple had started together. Or rather, it was something Seulgi had suggested they do when she noticed how stressed they were both becoming. Particularly at different times, whether it be work or life randomly coming to remind the couple that it could still kick their whenever it wanted. Seulgi figured it would be a good idea to have those times of pure and total relaxation. That’s why the very first stay-in-bed in a comfortable cocoon made of blankets and sheets began. Ignoring the world around them was naturally an added bonus. What more did they need other than the person beside them anyhow? Joohyun reached for her wife’s hand, taking a moment to admire the smooth surface and Seulgi’s pretty tanned skin. After the brief admiration of the hands she has held for so long. Her fingers become intertwined with Seulgi’s. 

 

“Did you know your hands fit perfectly with mine?” Joohyun asks and places her lips to the monolid woman’s knuckles. Seulgi smiles and agrees. She always did feel as if Joohyun’s hands felt perfectly with her own. There had been something magical about the way Joohyun’s smaller hand fit in her own larger one. Or the way their intertwined fingers always gave them butterflies. As if they were like a pair of young teenagers experiencing first love all over again.

 

“Yeah, I think you might have mentioned it before, Hyun.”

 

“I also remember it took you four dates to hold my hand. Do you remember that, Seul?” Joohyun wonders and caresses Seulgi’s knuckles. She personally would not forget that it took her girlfriend at the time four dates just to hold her hand. As frustrating as it had been then, simply because Joohyun is very touchy-feely and quite affectionate when she’s comfortable. Joohyun honestly couldn’t really stay upset because she found Seulgi adorable. Seulgi just seemed to be shy and hesitant at first. However, once Seulgi opened up and got comfortable too. The hesitancy slowly disappeared and Joohyun would never forget the first time Seulgi held her hand without being prompted. It was probably one of the sweetest moments. At least, one Joohyun had never forgotten even after all this time.

 

“I didn’t think I could touch you then.”

 

“Hm?” Joohyun raises an eyebrow toward her. Pretty chocolate brown eyes looking up curiously at Seulgi’s warm monolid eyes. “What are you talking about?”

 

“Because you were just so amazing and beautiful, how could I touch the goddess?” Seulgi answers in such a goofy and cheesy sort of way. It’s cute and makes her wife that much more endearing, not that Seulgi needed any help being endearing to her. The woman is naturally adorable with little effort.

 

“You are silly, honey.” She sighs in a slight dramatic tone and kisses Seulgi’s lips. “I’m glad you did loosen up though.”

 

“We probably wouldn’t have gotten married if I hadn’t. Can you imagine?” Seulgi laughs. “You’d probably have dumped me in a polite text or something.”

 

Joohyun shakes her head. “No, I wouldn’t have dumped you. I would have waited until you felt comfortable.”

 

“Hm, so even if it would have taken until I proposed to you?” Seulgi wonders, even though she is joking. Joohyun nods against her. Since she knew fairly early on that Kang Seulgi had been the one for her. She didn’t mind waiting since Seulgi proved how worth it she was. No one had ever made her feel in the way Seulgi did. Whether it was with that warm smile or a hug after having a bad day. Or how Seulgi knew exactly how to cheer her up all because she knew her that well. Joohyun counted herself very lucky.

 

“You’re the best, Joohyun.”

 

“You are.” Joohyun whispers to her. One of the best pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter