I. The Beginning

The Knight in Dazzling Suit
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kids, let's wake up! The King is going to have a visit!" A loud voice echoed throughout the corridor, making some of the kids groan in their bed, doesn't want to get up. But they know they have to. One by one, the wooden door opens, revealing the sleepy young boys and girls. Except one of the oldest boy, Cho Kyuhyun. He was already up since 5 am, took a bath, dressed himself with a black and white gingham shirt to help Jiwon on the kitchen. Now he's chilling on the kitchen, drinking tea with biscuits.

The orphanage building is quite huge with a big garden on the front. It's located on a district in Seoul, the capital of Kingdom of Korea. Little did people know, it's actually a gift from the 20 year reigning king, Park Jungsoo, for his childhood friend, Kim Youngwoon. Youngwoon had once dreamed of having many children on his own, but when he discovered his body condition and health problems, he already knew he cannot have them with his future wife. That's why Jungsoo gave him a big house, big enough for raising poor children that were abandoned by their parents.

The older ones who already left the orphanage always came back to check on Youngwoon. Some of them even works here to help their father figure manage the orphanage. And of course, the king always visits them once in a while, bringing his kids along with him. This time, it's the second youngest and one of the twins that Jungsoo brings with on the visiting session. It's all going well since the start, and Youngwoon hopes nothing messes up.

As Jungsoo and Youngwoon chats on the main room, the king's youngest prince wanders around by his own. His steps brings his little body on the big garden that is full of various plants that Youngwoon took care until they become this beautiful. He was walking alone, until he found himself falls to the ground on his face, probably because of the stone and he trips down. Luckily, there is someone near him and he starts to jog, approaching the boy laying on the grass.

"Hey, are you okay? I don't know you. Are you new here?" 

He looks to the origin of the voice behind him. A tall boy, maybe older a year or two by him. Short brown hair, glistening eyes, fair skin. The one seated on the ground after tripping on a piece of medium sized stone held back his tears from falling, biting his lips. He shakes his head as the taller one squatted, scans the unknown boy in front of him. 

"I- I fell.. I think there's a wound-"
"Oh no! Can I see where it is?" 

The smaller nods, revealing his knees, full of blood. He gasps, scrambles around before helping the younger one stands up. He stands weakly before gripping the latter's arm, guided to a room nearby. 

"You can cry. It will stings a little bit,"
"But I'm a big boy! My brother say big boys don't cry.."
"Boys can cry too. It's normal, it's okay." 

As the wet cotton touches his wounded knee, he quietly whimpers and shuts his eyes. He can't cry! He's a big boy! But, the words 'boys can cry too' rings in his ears, making the smaller one sobs in silent. He rubs his eyes with his arm to stop the tears. Then he felt that a bandage has been applied to his skin. He opens his eyes, looking at his clean knee. 

"I only have this bandage, I'm sorry." 

He shakes his head, shows the older one a smile for the first time. It has Donald Duck prints on the bandage! He loves it. It's yellow, it's cute, it's perfect to close the wound on his knee. 

"I like it! I haven't properly introduce myself, pardon me. My name is Ryeowook. Kim Ryeowook."
"I'm Kyuhyun. Cho Kyuhyun." 

Ryeowook smiles brightly, shyly offers a hand to Kyuhyun, which Kyuhyun accept and shakes it as a part of the introduction. Kyuhyun has never witness a brighter smile than Ryeowook's from anyone in the orphanage. 

"Did your parents give you that name?"
"Unfortunately, no. I never knew who they are. When they brought me here, I was nameless."
"Oh, I'm sorry.." 

The younger one closes his mouth with his hands, felt awful after he asked that stupid question. Kyuhyun chuckles. 

"No, it's fine! Jiwon hyung, one of the cook here, is the one who named me."
"It's a beautiful name, Kyuhyun."
"Is it? I should tell Ji hyung this!" 

Ryeowook giggles and hops down from the high chair before hissing, still can feel the wound stings. The taller one offers his arm to grip, helping the smaller one to adjus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter