1/1

소나기 (sonagi)

“Have you felt disappointed in or sorry to the member next to you?”

Jungkook could only think of one thing to answer this question. He looked at the cameras, at the staff, wondering if he should talk about it. He was glad when Namjoon talked first, it gave him some more time to think. When his turn came, he smiled a little bit, reminiscing that day. He still felt bad about it and he needed to get it out somehow. He had expected Jimin to not remember it but how could he explain it without revealing too much details? When Jimin finally got it and began to tell the story, Jungkook got nervous, nibbling on his lower lips as he stared at Jimin as he talked. It had been a couple of years since that incident but he could still remember it clearly.

 

The rain was so heavy, Jungkook was having trouble walking and seeing around him, the streetlights not helping one bit. He knew that Jimin had probably gone to the dorms but Jungkook might have taken a wrong turn at some point because he didn’t recognise where he was. He was cold, sad and guilty and he wasn’t quite sure if he really wanted to face Jimin anymore, even if to apologise. And even if he did, would Jimin forgive him? He had said some really bad things, he had not meant any of it but he knew it still hurt Jimin. The way the older had told him he would never care about him anymore, with so much anger and venom in his voice… Jungkook had never heard Jimin talk like this and it scared him. When he had left the room, slamming the door behind him, the lights had gone out, he had been left alone in a pitch-black room. Unknowingly, he had begun to cry, fear creeping up his spine. Fear of losing his hyung, the person he cared for the most in the entire world. What would he do if Jimin never forgave him? After some minutes of wandering blindly in the streets, Jungkook finally took his phone out. He dialled Jimin’s number. After a few rings, he answered and Jungkook flinched when the older reminded him that he’d told him not to call ever again. Jungkook who’d crying had calm down broke down and sobbed, apologising to his hyung, begging for his forgiveness. Over the sound of his own crying, he heard Jimin sigh deeply and ask him where he was. Jungkook replied that he didn’t know and after talking some more with Jimin he told him that he’d take a taxi to go back to the dorms.

Jungkook quickly found a taxi and told the driver the address. What should have been a 20 minutes-walk turned into a half an hour drive. When the taxi finally stopped in front of the dorms, Jungkook thanked and paid the driver before getting out of the car. He immediately spotted Jimin who was standing under the rain, waiting for him. Jungkook ran to his hyung who immediately engulfed him in a tight hug as the younger broke into tears, hugging Jimin back. He kept on mumbling apologies as Jimin tried his best to calm him down. He had been very angry but seeing the younger like this broke his heart. They didn’t know how long they stayed under the rain, hugging and crying but when they finally let go of each other, Jungkook was the first one to talk.

“I missed you.”

Jimin smiled softly and left a kiss on the younger’s forehead.

“I missed you too. Now, let’s go in before we catch a cold.”

 

Jungkook smiled softly at the memory until Jimin talked.

“What were you sorry about?” Jimin asked, smiling.

“Just… about that.” Jungkook answered, shy.

He knew he didn’t have to feel guilty about it anymore, everything was fine between him and Jimin now. But every time rain poured outside, Jungkook would snuggle closer to Jimin in bed and thank the Heavens for allowing him to be able to still be with Jimin.