One

Never
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Again, student Ahn Yujin of class 2A, please proceed to the Office of the President immediately.”

Yuri sighed as she turned off the microphone of the machine that was in front of her after announcing that statement for the nth time, and still, no Yujin arrived at Minju’s office.

“Min, if I’ll keep on announcing that damned statement, I'm telling you, before this day ends, my throat will be as dry as the Sahara desert,” Yuri whined slightly annoyed while turning her swivel chair to face the President. Minju then looked up from the documents that she was signing to face the student council secretary and chuckled. “Don’t worry, I think her ears are bleeding right now after hearing you call her for about three hours straight now. She’ll come eventually. Thanks, Yuri. You can go to your next class now.” Minju stated.

“Okay... If you say so.” Yuri said while turning the doorknob of Minju’s office, opening the door. “See you at the meeting later, Pressie!” Yuri shouted while half of her body was already out of the room.

 

---

 

Yujin took off her headphones after Yena tapped her shoulder. She looked at the older girl before raising her eyebrows at her, silently questioning Yena’s actions.

“That PA system has been spitting your name for hours now. Weird... You were with me the whole day and you did nothing but listen to music, so why is she looking for you?” Yena answered.

Yujin smirked and shrugged at the older woman who’s beside her, “Dunno. Maybe she misses me.”

Chaewon, who’s beside Yena, almost spat out the grape juice that she was drinking after hearing Yujin’s absurd statement. “Why would my cousin miss you, ? All you gave her were headaches.”

“True. She has to be pulled out of class every day last month just because of all the trouble you did, you know? I think everyone in school believes that she hates you and your antics, Ahn. So please stop speaking of delusional things, it makes me dizzy.” Yena agreed.

The youngest of the group, Wonyoung, woke up from her nap after hearing the speakers call Yujin again, “For god’s sake, just go. I can’t sleep peacefully with that thing blasting your name every minute.”

Yujin put her earphones back again while standing up and gathering all of her belongings. She proceeded to go outside of the gym and went straight to the back of the student council’s building. The tall girl then leaned her back on a wall and dozed off to dreamland, fully skipping all of her classes for the day.

 

---

 

Yujin woke up at exactly 3 pm after her alarm (which she forgot to turn off) rang its ear-piercing tone.

She was annoyed to be woken up from her peaceful slumber, but she was also somehow thankful. She stood up from her spot and wore the strap of her backpack on her right shoulder and used her left hand to brush the dust off of her pants. The blue-haired then proceeded to enter the lobby of the student council building.

Yujin looked up at the activity board that was hanged on one of the walls hoping to know where the president was at that time. Bold letters with the words “MEETING ONGOING” greeted her.

The tall girl stood in the lobby for minutes contemplating her next actions, she decided to call Yena, and thankfully, the older girl answered immediately. Even before Yujin could even speak, the girl on the other side of the line talked, “We’ve been looking for you! You didn’t even attend your classes! Where are you?! Are you in trouble??” The younger girl sighed, ignoring Yena’s questions, she asked the older girl her own question, “Unnie, yes or no?”. “Wha- Hey what are you planning to do?! Is this some sort of prank?!” Yena responded, slightly having a worried tone. “Chill, it’s nothing serious. Just choose.” unlike the older girl, Yujin responded which so much calmness in her voice.

The line went silent for a while but Yujin can hear the small whisperings on the other side of the line, which she assumed is Yena asking for their two other friends’ advice on what to choose.

“YES.” Her friends all replied at the same time, sounding a little like a choir. Yujin chuckled, “K. Thanks, bye. See you guys tomorrow!” she said before ending the call and running up the stairs of the building to go up to the meeting hall.

Meanwhile, on Yena’s side, “Bet she’s about to do something stupid.” the oldest started, “Nah, I’ll bet that it’s something annoying.” Chaewon contested. “Yall… I’ll bet it’s both stupid and annoying.” Wonyoung laughed.

 

---

 

Yujin stood in front of the huge door of the council’s meeting hall. While she was going up the stairs a while ago, Yujin was actually kind of hesitating but she thought that it’s better to face the president now than any time later.

She went on to knock on the huge door but stopped midway even before her knuckles met the hard, mahogany wood. “Who knocks these days?” She whispered to herself while internally laughing before barging into the room.

All of the officers inside the hall whipped their heads to the tall girl standing by the entrance.

“What are you doing here?! Did you know that my throat feels so dried up right now after calling you for many hours, yet you decide to come now? While we are in the middle of a freaking meeting?!” Yuri shouted, but the blue-haired girl paid no attention to her because she’s busy looking directly at the eyes of the girl seated on the farther end of the table. The pink-haired beauty was also staring directly at the standing girl, neither of the two wants to break eye contact,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter