1/1

Special

 

Minjeong hears her phone going off, another call from Jimin. She’s been making every effort to avoid and ghost the other girl for the past month, but maybe it’s finally time to face her. Their last interaction ended horribly, and Minjeong felt terrible for just walking out on the other girl but it was a natural reaction from a sudden kiss. At school, Minjeong would always take the longer route to her class and she’s even been denying hangouts with their friend group, she knows what she’s doing is wrong but her head stops her from facing her best friend. But, she finally picks up though she doesn’t say anything.

 

“Minjeong?” she hears a sob from the other line and her heartbreaks, Yoo Jimin is crying because of her. She hums in response because she really doesn’t know what to say. She can’t say “what’s wrong” because she already knows what’s wrong, she can’t say “are you okay” because clearly, she isn’t. “You picked up”

“Yeah, I did” was all she said.

“Can I see you?” it was just a question, but it pains Minjeong because clearly the other girl still cares about her even if she herself tried to push her away.

“Listen Jimin, I don’t think I can- like why”

“I miss you okay? So please, just please meet me at the park”

 

 


 

The park, their park. 

The same place they met in elementary school and the same place they would share secrets together. Now as 20 year olds, they were different, they changed. And here Minjeong was, squinting her eyes to look for a girl with dark hair and puffy eyes, it didn’t take long before she found her seated on a bench. It’s weird, two months ago, she would never have felt this way to see Jimin. Yes, there were butterflies fluttering in the pit of her stomach whenever she laid eyes on the taller girl but it’s not like she would do anything about it because that would just ruin their relationship. So, what changed that day in Jimin’s bedroom? 

 

“Hey,” Minjeong says standing in front of the seated girl. It was the first time in a while, where she could look the girl in her eyes. Maybe the time they spent apart cleared her head slightly. She takes a seat beside her under the lamppost. 

“Why did you never contact me?” Jimin asked, her voice shaking.

“We kissed” she mutters as a reply.

“You never answered my calls, my texts, or hung out with us anymore! This could’ve been different!” Minjeong winces at Jimin’s outburst, but she was right. As a result of ghosting her, she had to completely ghost everyone else. She’s actually been hanging out with Mark and Haechan, they both know what happened so they understood. 

Minjeong stays silent.

“Please, please I’ll do anything to get you to talk to me. I can’t stand this silence between us anymore” the dark-haired girl cries. It’s not the first time Minjeong has seen Jimin have a breakdown but is she cruel for not crying with her right now or at least not yet crying.

“Jimin”, she starts trying to formulate sentences with all the thoughts that have been running through her head. “You know that we can’t suddenly go back to how we were right? Nothing can ever be the same between us anymore after that”

“...but it doesn’t have to be like that…” 

“I don’t see you the same way anymore and I-” Jimin’s eyes urge her to continue “I don’t feel the same around you” Jimin frowns thinking about what she meant.

“So you decided to drop us?”

“Look-”

“Minjeong, fine it’s all my fault I kissed you. It’s my fault I fell for you alright? But ghosting Ning and Aeri? Are you even thinking about how this is hurting them?” then just silence. “I hate you, I ing hate you” and Jimin had every right to.

 

“I’m sorry”

 

“Let me ask you this, what do you even feel about me? Was I lead on? Was I reading the signs wrong? Minjeong, I can’t even focus in classes anymore, I’ve been sleeping less than usual, am I crazy for being the only one affected between us?” Minjeong moves from her position and stands up frustrated.

“I told you it’s not my fault!” Jimin follows her and stands up inching closer to the blonde girl.

“Then what the ? Why are you acting like this?” They were standing so close, they could practically hear each other’s heavy breaths. The proximity was the least of their concern though.

The younger girl runs her finger through her hair “This conversation is going nowhere”

“So answer my question, what do you feel about me?” 

It was a very open-ended question, she could say anything. ‘I like you as a friend’ ‘I’m in love with you’ ‘Nothing, I feel absolutely nothing with you’ ‘I think you’re great’. But Minjeong can’t really place into words what she feels about Jimin, or what she was feeling at all. 

“I don’t know”, she takes a glance at the taller girl and could see the impatience and frustration getting to her despite her teary eyes.

“You can’t not know, you kissed me back” It dawns to Minjeong that she in fact reciprocated the kiss.

“It was a mistake, I didn’t mean to. I wasn’t thinking properly” she could see the pain in Jimin’s eyes as she said this. She looked like a kicked puppy and MInjeong just wanted to hug her but even that did not feel right.

“Then was everything between us a mistake?” Jimin whispers “did none of it mean nothing to you?” Jimin was crying again and Minjeong just noticed the tension in as if she was dying to say something. She couldn’t look at the girl in front of her anymore, so she looked away. “Minjeong look at me” so she does “just tell me everything, whatever is on your mind” 

 

Right before this void of an emotional mess, Jimin was still Minjeong’s best friend. She’s told Jimin all her secrets before, so what’s stopping her now? But even the answer to that was simple because it was about her.

“I’m scared” Jimin’s face scrunches into a frown. “You're special to me, you mean everything to me, like I depended on you too much. I couldn’t get myself to do anything about it though, about that feeling whenever I was with you. I knew what it was, but I didn’t want to recognize it because it would ruin everything we had. Ignoring it didn’t make anything better though, it just started to feel like a parasite that was eating me up so I wanted to get rid of it. But, when you kissed me that night, it made everything worse so I pushed you away. Even if that kiss did mean that maybe just maybe, you had feelings for me too, I was scared I would hurt you. But it’s ironic isn’t it, I still ended up hurting you. I felt relieved though, that I had a reason to push you away to get rid of my feelings for you. I really tried my best to hate you, I’m sorry about how inconsiderate I acted”

 

They just stood there, letting the wind, shaking of the trees, and few car engines of overtime workers be the only sound between them. The burden kind of lifted off of Minjeong shoulders, she could finally breathe again, even for just a little bit. Jimin was still taking everything in. 

“So you really had feelings for me?”  

“Despite my efforts, even if you asked me now. I would still say I love you” Minjeong's face flushes at the confession and it got even redder seeing Jimin smile at it. It’s been a while since she's seen that smile. 

“You’re also special to me, even when you hurt me I couldn’t get you out of my head. I felt as if I lost something that was a part of me, but I’m grateful that you shared that with me. We don’t have to rush anything, I love you too much to ever let anything between us though. 

“So you’ve basically forgiven me? And you’re asking me out?” Minjeong laughs while registering her arms on the girl’s shoulders. “Pft and you’ve been thinking about me? What part about me has gotten you so restless, Jimin?”

Jimin pulls the girl closer around her from her waist. “Your perfume, your laugh, your lips, hands, smile, just about anything that is Minjeong” The blonde girl laughs at her response, but tilts her head for a kiss anyways. It felt even sweeter and more passionate than last time, maybe because they weren’t holding back anymore. Minjeong grazes her tongue on the girl’s bottom lip, asking for entrance and she happily obliges. They reluctantly pull away due to the lack of oxygen.

“What you did still pissed me off though, and you still have to apologize to Ning and Aeri”, Jimin states. 

“Yeah, I’ll get to them…”

“Hey Minjeong?” the blonde girl hums. “You don’t have to be afraid okay?”

“Right” it was easier said than done though, there was still a lot of uncertainty in her mind.

“Hey Minjeong,” she asks again. “I love you. Don’t ever leave me again alright? I don't I'd be able to handle it” 

The smaller girl laughs “I love you too Jimin, and I won’t be leaving anyone, I promise you that”

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's note

Lol uh yeah, I don't know what this was but YAY!! I got to change my username, very epic. This was really short btw but I hope it was okay. Also, let's support the girls in their comeback! WELCOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL.