let’s find each other again

maybe in another lifetime?

it's been a year, since you walk out of that door and it’s been a year too since you stay here at the hospital and you haven’t seen chaeyoung since you left her to be with your first love who cheats every time you two get back together, you will be fine for a couple of weeks then after that she will be out and be with other girls again, you know that will happened but you still go back to her and leaved the person that fixed you and been patiently waiting for you to come back when your first love cheats on you again but that night, when you leave her it’s different, her gaze and the way she stared at you, she’s definitely tired of your and she’s right she cheats again, you regret everything after that but you do it yourself, you deserve it.

 

 

you sit on the bench under the tree, you sighed as you closed your eyes, feeling the cold breeze of the air outside, hearing the hum of birds and unconsciously you smiled thinking "what a peaceful way to rest" and chuckled because it's indeed relaxing to be out of your room for a while, "i'm wondering if she’s doing okay” you whispered as you sigh again.

 

 

"hey" your thoughts got interrupted by a familiar voice and you know who is the owner of that voice and for a year without hearing her voice, seeing her face this close, you can’t explain how to feel it’s like you’ve been back to being a kid and describing what are those feelings playing inside of you but one thing for sure, you missed her, those dimple, round eyes, toothy smile, her plump lips, everything about her.

 

 

 

"hey"  you said as you realized that you’ve been staring too much, she changed her hair, she cut it short and dye it blonde which is suit her, well everything looks good on her "what are you doing here? h-how did you know that i'm here?" you immediately asked her when you came back to your senses

 

"calm down okay? and i think i don't need to answer that, the important thing is i'm here" she smiled and take a sit beside you "why didn't you tell me?" she asked as looks at you with worried face 

 

 

you smiled awkwardly as you look at her "don't worry, i'm getting better now and besides after what happened, i don't have the right to come back to you again, i know i already caused you too much pain, and i will take this oppurtunity to say how sorry i am, how i regret everything that day, i'm really sorry" you said as your voice starts to tremble and tears began to fall on your eyes as you gently hold her hand and squeeze it lightly.

 

 

 

 

 

she hugged you tightly and rubs your back gently, slowly calming you down, oh how you missed her smell and warmth so you hugged her back tightly, scared that once you let her go you can't hold her again "shhh it's okay, we are okay, i've moved on and everything that happened between us is already in the past, i already accept it and let go even if it's hard, i tried to hate you but i really can't because i know that even if though you caused me too much pain, i can't deny the fact that you're one of the best thing that happened to me" she said as she slowly let you go from the hug "i'm here to say that, i already forgive you and focus on how to get better right now okay?" she gently cups your cheeks and as she smiled warmly 

 

 

 

and she finally accepted it. the cold, unforgiving feeling of being a forgettable memory and it crushed her, to know that all their history would remain a history, and no matter how hard she tried she knew she's still be the best feeling and memory that she had.

 

 

 

"chaeyoung-ah" you called her for the last time and she stared at you as she give you a small smile waiting for you to say something, you smiled back but it's not a smile that can go from ear to ear instead it's a sad one 

 

 

 

maybe in another life?” you asked, voice barely above a whisper, she looks confused while staring at you but she nods and smiled sadly as she gets what you asked and breathed out “yeah, maybe.” as she starts to walk away again. 

 

 

 

 

"if reincarnation is real, let's meet again maybe when the time is right we can meet again as strangers that know each other a little far too well, strangers that somehow still feel like home because maybe this life wasn't meant for us.... i'll see you again my love"