fin.

sa ilalim ng ulan.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

her eyebrows creased as she watched little droplets turn into a harsh rainfall. lisa's eyes were laced with worry as she waited at a shed, knowing full well that the rain wouldn't stop for at least another hour. she definitely would get scolded once she got home. she cursed herself for not bringing her umbrella today just because her bag was feeling heavier.

sighing, she sat down and looked at her wet shoes, suddenly showing interest in them. her musings came to a halt when she felt a tap on her shoulders.

"do you wanna come with me? we can share my umbrella."

it was chaeyoung. park chaeyoung.

they really haven't talked ever since the school year started; there was nothing to talk about anyway---they were the complete opposites---so lisa didn't want to admit that looking at the girl's eyes erased all her worries for coming home at a later time.

she looked at the shining eyes full of concern and she smiled. people weren't really joking when they said that this girl had a heart of gold.

"i don't wanna bother you, it's fine," lisa breathed, suddenly feeling suffocated when chaeyoung looked at her with those doe eyes. "i...i'll just wait for the rain to stop."

"i'll wait with you then."

and so they did. lisa haven't laughed as much as when she talked to chaeyoung. they haven't striked a conversation before but talking right now felt like they've known each other for years.

it felt refreshing for some reason.

as time went by, their convos grew quieter and the rain has yet to stop. lisa released an exasperated groan resulting a chuckle from the girl who now sat closer to her.

"if you had just said yes to me, you could've been on your bed by now." her giggles were a beautiful song in lisa's ears and she wondered when exactly did she find herself liking chaeyoung.

like? huh.

lisa shook her head to get her thoughts out and smiled at the teasing remark from the older.

"i told you! i didn't wanna bother you." she exclaimed, laughing at the pointed look plastered on chaeyoung's face.

"you'll never be a bother to me."

lisa internally slapped herself for the apparent skip of her heartbeat. how whipped can she even be to get this kind of reaction for a girl she only got close to just after an hour?

she looked at her watch and her eyes bulged out of surprise.

"we've talked for 3 hours now?" lisa looked at chaeyoung who only shrugged, a sheepish smile painted on her features. lisa face-palmed herself and groaned.

"my mom's surely gonna kill me." she retrieved her phone just to get greeted by the low battery warning. " me."

"take me to dinner first huh." chaeyoung snickered at her own remark, proud for coming up with a witty one.

lisa rolled her eyes, her reddened cheeks going unnoticed by the other girl already laughing at her expression.

"shut up omg." she cleared to get rid of the lump, the thumping of her heart still a great proof of chaeyoung's effect on her.

they waited for another hour before chaeyoung grabbed her hands, silently asking her to stand up. lisa, confused as ever, just followed her.

she felt the rain hit her head but before it could drench her, chaeyoung took her under her giant umbrella.

lisa was never the cliché type, but the thought of them under the same umbrella brought a pink tint to color her cheeks.

"hold my hand." and lisa did. she didn't know what's with the sudden comfort she felt towards chaeyoung, the girl just made her comfortable than most of her friends do and it felt exciting.

lesson learned, never walk with chaeyoung when it's raining. her umbrella didn't do anything as they arrived at lisa's house, fully drenched from head to toe. lisa would've said she regretted walking home with the girl but chaeyoung's giggles and her wonderful smile completely changed her mind. she felt herself smiling back.

maybe it wasn't that bad.

waving goodbye to chaeyoung she wondered once again, how could she not have noticed before the brightness this girl emitted.

---

lisa made a mistake of not asking for chaeyoung's number, they haven't talked for a week now because of different schedules.

it made her annoyed at how much attached she is to chaeyoung. for 's sake, they've only conversed once.

they met again, under the shed. this time, it was chaeyoung who didn't have any umbrella.

"no umbrella ms. goody-two-shoes?" lisa smirked, but her heart palpitated at the thought conversing once again with the girl.

chaeyoung rolled her eyes. 

"shut up. i changed my bag and forgot it." lisa giggled at her annoyed expression and sat beside her.

"go home with me then?"

"i told you already, treat me to dinner first."

lisa lightly slapped chaeyoung's shoulder, making the latter laugh out loud.

"if you don't shut the up..." lisa groaned, rolling her eyes at the older's incessant laughter. tears started to spring up at chaeyoung's eyes and lisa huffed.

"what will you do huh." she asked in a broken giggle, wiping away her tears.

"i'll leave you here alone." lisa made sure to make her voice sound menacing, and it almost convinced chaeyoung if it wasn't for the pout on her face.

instead of teasing her again, chaeyoung chose to ride lisa's lies. she feigned a pained expression, placing her hand on her chest.

"you'll really leave me? after all the things i did for you? how could you lisa." the younger girl looked at chaeyoung's face, her face contorting into a frown. they looked at each other seriously before bursting into a fit of giggles.

the rain never stopped, as well as their convos. the sky started to darken and it was only then that lisa held her hand out for chaeyoung to take.

lisa is not the one to make the same mistake twice so after dropping chaeyoung at her house, she asked for her number.

"for what?" chaeyoung had asked, but gave her number nonetheless.

"to treat you dinner." lisa said. without waiting for a reply, she smiled and went on her way.

chaeyoung blushed as she watched lisa's back get smaller. the rain was still pouring heavily and the hard thump matched her heartbeat as she looked at her phone contacts

future gf maybe? <3

---

it was their 5th date and lisa's nerves skyrocketed seeing chaeyoung in a red dress that hugged her body in all the right places.

her smile sprung butterflies in lisa's stomach and her heart continued to hammer as chaeyoung walked closer.

she couldn't believe the effect that this girl had over her. it was astonishing really, how easily chaeyoung got her wrapped around her pretty fingers.

once the girl was in front of her, lisa took a deep breath and smiled.

"you look beautiful." she whispered, smiling at the blush that permeated chaeyoung's cheeks. lisa gave a single white rose to her.

"for you."

"thank you." chaeyoung murmured, suddenly feeling shy under lisa's scrutiny. lisa placed her hand on chaeyoung's chin and made their eyes meet. she pecked her lips a second too fast for chaeyoung to register.

"what the  lisa." chaeyoung's surprise made lisa laugh.

"come on princess, we might be late to the reservation." she offered her hand to chaeyoung, who took it with a hard squeeze.

"i'm so getting you back for that."

"whatever nerd." this earned lisa a slap on her shoulder.

"are you sure you know how to drive?" chaeyoung asked, suddenly feeling nervous while she buckled up.

lisa giggled and smirked.

"oh honey, i'm a great driver."

she really wasn't. chaeyoung kept her eyes wide even when they finally arrived at the restaurant. her heart fluttering violently for the wrong reasons.

she looked at the sheepish smile lisa sported before slapping her shoulder.

"i am never riding with you again." she huffed, still visibly shocked. she shakily unbuckled her seat and breathed deeply.

sitting down at the restaurant made the both of them feel like royalties. normally, lisa wouldn't be able to afford this kind of extravagance, given that she still is a student, but a bet made by her and her cousin jisoo won her the oppurtunity to spoil chaeyoung.

they spent their time almost quietly, unlike their other dates, but neither of them complained. once in a while, lisa would feel chaeyoung's eyes on her and on some occasion, the younger would be caressing chaeyoung's hands. it was a different mood from their usual indoor dates but both girls still appreciated being in each other's presence.

they noticed that rain had started to pour down and decided that they should go home early.

chaeyoung readied herself again to lisa's wild driving but it was different this time around. she looked at lisa profile and found a smile on her face.

"sorry for scaring you earlier." lisa took chaeyoung's hands, eyes never leaving the road, and kissed the back of it gently.

chaeyoung's heart swooned. this girl, really.

their little moment was cut short when the car suddenly stopped. the rain poured down harder and the two shared a look.

lisa sighed. she sent a text to her dad to come pick the both of them up but she knew he wouldn't arrive any sooner with the rain pouring harshly.  the sound of rain on the car's roof actually scared lisa, she was afraid that it might cave in.

they sat in silence, the beat of raindrops keeping them company.

"let's go out lis." chaeyoung looked at her with an expression she couldn't really decipher. she cocked her head sideways.

"it's literally raining chaeng, do you want to be sick?" she said reaching out to chaeyoung's hands that was ready to open the door.

"live a little lis." chaeyoung's eyes was full of mirth and something else, lisa didn't have the time to think about it as chaeyoung had already opened the door to go out.

"what the chaeyoung," her eyes were wide as she watched chaeyoung's whole figure get drenched.

"you're gonna get sick!"

"get sick with me then!" chaeyoung exclaimed, twirling around. lisa watched her hair get wet and stick to her skin, watched her light makeup run down her face and lisa pondered how can she manage to still look as beautiful as ever.

so without any other thoughts, lisa got out of the car to join the girl she found home in.

their clothes got heavy with water but they didn't mind. neither of them minded the cars passing by, they were in their own little world and lisa wouldn't ask anything more.

lisa's bangs started

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter