Track 01. Fearless

Fearless (Taylor’s Version) Collection

And I don't know how it gets better than this

You take my hand and drag me head first

Fearless

 

-Jennie’s POV-

“Okay you got this..breathe..breathe..” I calm myself down, “It’s just Rosie..you’ve known Rosie forever..it’s jus...” I found myself at a loss for words when the front door suddenly opened revealing the girl dressed simply in jeans, a black crop top layered underneath an oversized grey cardigan, staring at me with those almond shaped eyes of hers that never ever fail to draw me in. 

I take a moment to savor this moment. I take a moment to memorize everything about the girl standing in front of me. The girl who has been in the forefront of my mind ever since the day we met.

~

“Stop it! Give it back Jordan!” 

“Aww wittle Roseanne wants her guitar back.” Jordan taunts, his friends chuckling next to him.

“Yes please.” 

“Well to..”

“HEY!” A tiny voice booms from behind Roseanne, “She said give it back.”

“Ooh I’m so scared.” Jordan sarcastically replies. 

“You should be.” 

“Oh yeah? What are you going to do about it Kim?”

The girl shrugs before landing a solid right hook on Jordan.

“That.” She smirks, while Jordan clutches his reddening cheek.

“I’ll get you for this Jennie Kim.”

“Yeah yeah, sure.” Jennie waves them off, before turning her attention to the smaller girl,“Are you okay?”

“Yes..thank you for getting my guitar back.” 

“No problem, I’ll make sure Jordan and his stupid goons don’t bother you. I haven’t seen you before, are you new?”

“Ah yes my family just moved from Melbourne.”

“Oh that’s nice! Welcome to Sydney then, my name’s Jennie by the way Jennie Kim.”

“Hi..my name is Roseanne..Roseanne Park, but you can call me Rosie.”

~

“Hello? Earth to Jennie? Hello?” 

“Oh uh yeah hi.” Rosie pulls me out of my thoughts.

“Hi.” She says in a soft voice, “So where are we going?” 

“I..you look wow.” I don’t answer her question, my mouth embarrassing me before my brain can stop it.

“That wasn’t the answer I was looking for, but thanks. You don’t look bad yourself.” Rosie laughs lightly, and although I’ve been hearing her laugh since 5th grade, it still sounds like music to my ears. I wonder, when I die..will Rosie’s laugh be the sound that welcomes me to heaven?

“I know.” I confidently reply, taking her hand in mine and leading her to my car, making sure to open the passenger door for her. 

~ ~

“What?” Rosie asks as I continue to drive further away from suburbs. 

“Hmm?” I take a quick glance at her.

“You’ve been stealing glances, is there something in my face?” She asks, pulling the visor down and checking her face in the mirror. 

“There’s nothing.” I reply. 

“Hmm..am I that gorgeous in your eyes then Ms. Kim?” Rosie teases me, and I feel my face turning red, because she really is that gorgeous in my eyes. Goodness..when did my shy best friend turn into this confident woman? 

“You know the answer to that.” I reply, keeping my eyes on the road, because I know if I stole one more glance I won’t ever stop looking. 

-Roseanne’s POV-

“This view is amazing!” I stare in awe at the city’s skyline, a wonderful view of the Sydney Opera house right across the water from us. 

“I know.” Jennie replies in a soft voice and I turn to look at her, catching as she averts her eyes towards the skyline. I shake my head and chuckle, and I thought I was obvious. 

“So..why’d you really bring me out here tonight Jen?” I ask, although I know the answer.

“I just wanted to spend some time with you.”

“Jennie.” I give her a pointed look, she’s always been a horrible liar. 

“What? It’s true.” She smiles, turning away from me and looking at the city.

“C’mon you really think I can’t tell when you're fibbing?” 

“Can’t you just let me have this Rosie?” She pouts. 

“Hmm..let me think..” 

“Hey!” Jennie nudges me lightly. 

“Okay okay, but whatever it is that’s making you so nervous to tell me.” I pause, looking directly into Jennie’s eyes, “You have to promise to tell me before the night ends.” 

“I will. Trust me.” Jennie smiles up at me.

And it’s that smile that makes me feel like anything in this world is possible. 

~ ~

Time always seems to go by so fast when I’m with Jennie. Each time I wish it would slow, just like now as she drives us back home. She still steals sneaky glances at me and I try my best to not show how much she affects me, but she’s like a magnet and I’m the piece of metal that’s being drawn to her. She drives with one hand, the other on the gear shift, sometimes she’d run a hand through her hair..and I don’t know why it’s the most attractive thing in the world for me. Goodness Jen..you really need to stop making me want you..making me want to just tell you everything right here right now. 

“Roseanne.” Jennie calls me by my full name.

“Yeah?” I look at her. 

“I’ve been calling out to you for a while now.” She looks over at me briefly, “You okay?” 

“Mhm.” I nod.

“You sure?” 

“Yep.”

“Okay..” Jennie glances at me, “I must really be that gorgeous in your eyes then Ms. Park.” She echoes the words I told her earlier.

“You know the answer to that.” I return the favor. Jennie and I laugh together.

“Hey, you still haven’t told me what’s with this sudden roadtrip.” I say after our laughs die down.

“I’ll tell you...in a second.” Jennie parks her car in my driveway. Getting out to open the door for me.

I didn’t even realize we were back.

“Well?” I ask as we stand at my doorstep. I can tell Jennie was nervous with the way she would shift her weight from one leg to the other, her eyes on the ground, and it finally clicked. What she wants to tell me.

“Jen.” I call out to her and she looks up at me. My hands sweat, and dear God please don’t let me be wrong. I take a moment, Jennie is waiting for me to speak but I can’t think of anything. 

How do I tell my best friend that I’m in love with her without being cliche? 

“Rosie?” Jennie tilts her head to the side and I found the answer to my question. 

Wordlessly, I hold Jennie’s hand in mine, I pull her closer. 

“Rosie?” She questions with a smile, which I return before pulling her even closer and finally sealing her lips with mine. 

It’s our first kiss, it’s flawless, it’s really something…

It’s Fearless.

 

~ ~ ~ ~

A/n: Hello...so the poll, if you saw it, was about this collection. Chaennie won, but I gotta give Lisoo something especially since they’re usually the side ship in my stories. 

Anyways, as always let me know what you think. 

See you in the next track. 

Ciao~