prologue

10 months
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1: Introduction

 

Honestly, at this point, he should be used to this kind of event happening in his life.

 

Jungwon has faced a lot of odd and weird things in his life. That includes finding out his family is a pureblood vampire and finding out that he himself is one after being an orphan for 13 years. Apparently, his family got into some kind of vampire war when he is still a baby. He ends up getting lost in the wood and was found by a pair of human couple and was adopted as theirs.

It’s pretty impressive that no one notices his odd non-human-like behavior for 12 years. His hatred toward the sun was brush off as sunlight-sensitive conditions and his oddly sharp fang pocking out at night treated as a unique trait. It quite worrying how aloof and carefree his adoptive parents are. Lucky for his pureblood background that he can last years without drinking blood.

He still remembers as if it's yesterday, how he reunites with his long-lost family. He got lost in the wood ( they were staying in the family cabins in the wood for winter vacation ) and come across a vampire (he didn’t know that at the time) who turn out to be his long-lost older brother. Who wouldn't if you suddenly meet a random bloody stranger casually the life out of a deer in the middle of the night in the woods? He is 13 for god sake.

The stranger only stares at him for a solid minute before bursting into tears. That’s the only reason why Jungwon ends up not bonking him on the head with a branch he grab in the midst of fear.

Being raised by a very nice and loving parent, the pure good boy Jungwon did not have a heart to bonk this sobbing stranger. He is probably so poor and maybe even got lost in the wood that he had to resort to eating wild animal raw. Again, Jungwon is 13, still very much innocent, very much imaginative. Jungwon remembers consoling the stranger and brings him back to the cabin. The stranger seems shaken and refuses to let go of Jungwon. It feels surreal when the stranger finally told them the reason why.

It took Jungwon a couple of months, 2 to be exact, a few tests, and dozen of baby pictures for him to register in his head that the stranger is his actual older brother and his real family is very much alive out there somewhere. It’s not like Jungwon has a hard feeling towards them. Maybe a little sad, why they never try to look for him and the stress of worry if his actual parent would not like him since he did not grow up with them. Jungwon is an oddball after all.

 His older brother, Lee Heeseung he learned, is a very kind man. He never pushes Jungwon to immediately accept the fact he is his brother or trying to take him back forcefully. He visited Jungwon every day after school, to bond with him. He didn’t try to force Jungwon to meet his actual parent and give time for Jungwon to adjust to him first. He didn’t even ask about why Jungwon prefers to stay away from the sun or why when they meet up at night, Jungwon has this fang coming out randomly. He only giggles and looks at him fondly every time that happened. So Jungwon grew to like his brother very much.

After another month pass, with his adoptive parent's support and encouragement, Jungwon finally decided to meet his family. His actual parent. His mother and father that he has no memory of.

When Jungwon finally accepting the fact Lee Heeseung is his older brother, he had the impression that his real family is dead poor. (He keep on sliding his pocket money inside of Heeseung’s jacket or backpack every time he visited. Heeseung did try to give it back, saying it is unnecessary but after Jungwon cried, he immediately accepted.) 

From how he first meets Heeseung, that is the only plausible reasoning. He never asks Heeseung about it and Heeseung never bothers to explain to him all this time. 13 years old Jungwon is not equipped with critical thinking. Was their life condition is so bad? Do they have health issues? Thousand of reason plays in Jungwon's mind. Jungwon's heartache at the thought of it.

So, imagine his shock when he arrives in front of a huge mansion on top of the hills. To say Jungwon was shocked is an understatement. He was too stunned to notice Heeseung wearing a high-end suit instead of his usual worn-out checkered shirt or the fact his baby picture is everywhere inside the mansion.

When he comes back to his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter