Tape #01: How I Met You.

Missing You.

Wheein's POV
 



I am Jung Wheein. I used to be an Artist, All my life I have dedicated to art. I grew up with my Aunt and studied very well in college. It was the best years of my life, I have lived 70 years but I remember myself as a college student.

“Hey!”

Did you know I almost got ran over? I still remember that black gorgeous motorcycle driven by a woman. The woman I loved and I still love….She was a gorgeous as her motorcycle. I was on my way home from the convenience store, I bought instant supplies because I lived in the college dorm.
I screamed at her, She took her helmet off and showed her face. I didn’t like her then, All I knew was I hated her so much.

“Watch were you’re going! Did you even see me crossing?” That’s what I asked her. She was this arrogant young woman who didn’t like anyone telling her what to do. You know what I did? I pulled out this pocket knife that my Aunt gave me and scratched her motorcycle. Ofcourse she got angry, So so angry it felt good.

“Are you insane? Look at what you did!” She said that to me furiously, I could still remember her face. Full of anger, rage and irritation from what I did. I didn’t care how many people were watching, I didn’t apologize. I was so angry! I went home to the dorm. My dorm-mate, Hyejin-ie. I told her what had happened to me that day and she said she would slap the hell out of that woman for almost killing me.

Then I said, “I hope I won’t see her face again.” But, I saw her face again. She was a fellow student in my school, I was in Fine Arts department and she was in the Criminal Justice department. We bumped into each other during lunch when I saw her sitting with her couple of friends. We asked each other “What are you doing here?” and there it began, We squabbled and fought a lot in the campus. We even swore not to ever see each other again but we always do in the name of coincidence.

The love of my life, Had a lover before. She was dumped for a man and my love drank and drank until she gets completely intoxicated, I was just about to head to the dorm after meeting my Aunt. I saw her in the middle of the street at night, She was a mess. Her motorcycle was completely wrecked, I took her with me into the dorm. I basically took care of her, I even slept on the floor because I let her sleep on my side of the bunk comfortably.

The next day, She wakes up. Hyejin and I have woken up earlier than her, I told her to come join us for breakfast. She insisted to leave no matter how many times I convinced her to stay and eat the porridge I made her. I thought she would just leave but she thanked me. She also apologized to me and told me, “I guess you’re not a bad person at all.”

I told her, “Ofcourse, I was just mad that you could have almost killed me.” We both made up and there, We asked each other names. I said my name, She said hers. I only realized it now that her name is as beautiful as her. She said, “Moon Byulyi.” It meant the moon and the star. Byulyi, My love. You were the best thing that happened to me, I know I used to say I hated you but you must know that I have only been realizing that day. I will see you tomorrow, Eat your meals and be healthy. Listen to your caregiver, I’m sorry I can’t go there in your room to hold you. I love you.

 



"Who is she?" 

Byulyi asks as she watches the tape. Eyes half-lidded as she focuses on the old woman in the screen, She feels a sense of familiarity and longing but still unable to recall the events and the woman on the video. 

"She's your girl, She lives upstairs." 

She gazes at the caregiver. 

"I don't know her...." 

Her voice cracks. Her heart aches a little, She sighs deeply and continues to watch. 

"I wish i know her..."