🐱🦋🌙

Insomnia - HyunWon One Shot

3:15 am, Friday...

 

Chaewon woke up. She felt no body beside her in bed, no warmth, no weight on the bed. Completely empty.

 

Chaewon immediately knew something was wrong. She quickly got out of bed even though she was sleepy as heck. But at the same time, she couldn't fall back to sleep until she knew that everything was alright.

 

She sighed as she saw a familiar back facing towards her, leaning against the railing of the balcony.

 

"Hyunjin...?" Chaewon called out, rubbing her eyes as she went closer to the figure.

 

She took a step outside into their balcony and felt the cold wind breeze past her. She shivered in cold as she was only wearing Hyunjin's white oversized t-shirt and shorts.

 

The taller latter then looked behind her shoulder, eyes widening a bit when she saw Chaewon behind her with sleepy puppy eyes.

 

Hyunjin's heart started beating quicker as soon as their eyes met. Immediately focusing somewhere else, away from Chaewon.

 

They stayed silent for awhile, before Chaewon sighed and gently grabbed Hyunjin's fingers and tugged on them slightly.

 

"Hyunjin....." Chaewon whispered, giving Hyunjin a small smile.

 

Hyunjin kept looking away.

 

"What's wrong? You haven't slept properly this past week. You can always tell me everything you know..." Chaewon said with a comforting voice.

 

Hyunjin still didn't say anything. Although for most people it would be quite annoying but not for Chaewon. Chaewon wasn't impatient. She would wait patiently until Hyunjin opens up.

 

Chaewon sighed as she held Hyunjin's hand to lead them back to Hyunjin's bedroom where they share Hyunjin's bed.

 

Chaewon sat down on the bed, her back resting on the bed frame and made sure Hyunjin was comfortable before placing a blanket over them.

 

Chaewon then opened up her arms for Hyunjin to come into her embrace. "Come, let me hold you." Chaewon said.

 

Hyunjin scooted closer to Chaewon as the smaller latter then wrapped her arms around Hyunjin's shoulders and placed a hand on top of Hyunjin's arm, humming a soft melody which comforts the black haired girl as she slowly closed her eyes, her head resting on Chaewon's chest.

 

Hyunjin sighed. She wanted to be in Chaewon's embrace forever. Her comfort spot. Her happiness. Her energy booster. Chaewon was everything to her and means everything to her.

 

But she was reminded and maybe it was time to tell Chaewon about it.

 

Hyunjin sighed once more before opening .

 

"No one loves me." Hyunjin said, which stopped Chaewon's humming.

 

Chaewon frowned, as she rubbed Hyunjin's arm in a circular motion.

 

"Then what am I to you?" Chaewon asked, feeling a bit disappointed.

 

She does everything for Hyunjin and the girl haven't realized it?

 

"..... Do you hate me, Chaewon?" Hyunjin asked, making Chaewon's heart ache.

 

"Hyunjin....." Chaewon whispered as she felt a hot lump go down , making it hard to swallow.

 

"What if you're only taking care of me because you pity me? Just like all those teachers." Hyunjin continued, slowly removing herself away from Chaewon.

 

Although Chaewon was perfect for Hyunjin. She still had trust issues. Everyone just ends up leaving and Chaewon would be no different... Right?

 

"Chaewon, please be honest. I know you like Son Hyejoo too. So go to her and start a life with her instead of sticking beside me all the time." Hyunjin said, laying down and turning her back towards Chaewon.

 

"I don't like Hyejoo-"

 

"Stop lying." Hyunjin interrupted her. "It's okay, really. I'm used to this. You can leave me. I'm used to being alone."

 

There was silence before Hyunjin heard sniffles coming from the brunette girl. She turned around to see Chaewon crying and immediately sat up, half feeling sorry and half getting confused on why Chaewon was crying.

 

Usually just by hearing those words everyone would leave her without another word. It always did break Hyunjin's heart but she had no choice but to accept, since she was the one who said it in the first place too.

 

" you, Kim Hyunjin..." Chaewon sniffed, wiping her tears with the palm of her hands. "You don't know how much I love you don't you?"

 

Hyunjin was still confused. She doesn't know how to deal with this. She doesn't know what to say like always. Only staying silent.

 

"Hyunjin, I don't come to your house to be there for you, or hang out with you, or help you just because of pity." Chaewon said as her voice slowly rises up from anger.

 

"It's because I ing love you! More than a friend, more than anyone ever. I want to be there for you forever Hyunjin! All these actions and emotions and patience towards you and you haven't gotten a clue?!" Chaewon exclaimed as she cried more.

 

Hyunjin just sat there taking in everything Chaewon just said.

 

"And for your information, I do NOT have any feelings towards Hyejoo. She's just a great friend that listens to me well."

 

"Sorry...." Hyunjin looked down, fiddling with the blanket.

 

An apology won't be enough, Hyunjin thought. But Chaewon took it.

 

"It's fine I guess... But do you see now how much I love you?" Chaewon asks as she turns to look at Hyunjin who had a poker face on but she knew on the inside how much Hyunjin wanted to explode with all her emotions.

 

She was confused. As usual when Hyunjin's experiencing new thoughts and emotions. It's completely fine.

 

"So..... You care about me? Someone cares about me...?" Hyunjin asked, not sure of the answer.

 

Chaewon smiled faintly as she gave a kiss on Hyunjin's head.

 

"Of course I do."

 

"Then.... Why did....." Hyunjin paused, sighing which Chaewon knew that Hyunjin would talk about her heavy feelings and thoughts.

 

It made her heart warm however. Hyunjin trusts her enough to tell secrets and her thoughts.

 

"Why did my parents leave me then?" Hyunjin asked, looking up to lock eyes with Chaewon's.

 

And at that moment. That single moment. Chaewon saw emotions through Hyunjin's dark, mysterious eyes.

 

Anger, sadness, confusion, betrayed, depressed. Chaewon wanted to cry again, and she did.

 

"Too busy working? No, one didn't even have a job. Doesn't have enough money to take care of your kid? Probably, only my dad worked. Keep me away from their addictions and dangers? Sure, but they still leashed their angers at me. For me to have a good future without them? I would have a good future if they hadn't left me in the first place..." Hyunjin sighed, putting her hands to her face.

 

"I just want answers and maybe I'll finally let go.." Hyunjin muttered.

 

Hyunjin wanted to cry, seriously. But no tears are leaving her eyes. Her emotions are so confusing for her and she hates it. Why is everything so confusing? All this time Hyunjin's been carrying her emotions and Chaewon felt super sorry for her. She wanted Hyunjin to trust her completely so she could let them out. That would surely help Hyunjin with getting things back together.

 

Chaewon took one of Hyunjin's hand and held it tightly, interlacing their fingers.

 

"Hyunjin. Don't think about the past. I'm here right now, with you on this bed, and I'm helping you with everything. Right now and in the future you have someone who cares about you and that's way more important than the horrible past don't you think?" Chaewon says with her gentle voice, booping Hyunjin's nose as she smiled.

 

Hyunjin looked up and for the first time in this deep, long night her eyes felt light as if all her stress and anxiety went away. Her eyes were shining with relief and happiness.

 

Chaewon couldn't help but kiss Hyunjin on the lips, pulling away quickly as she got flustered, pink tainted on her cheeks.

 

"Sorry..." Chaewon muttered and before she could do anything else, she got pulled into a kiss by Hyunjin.

 

Chaewon widened her eyes. She never expected this. One of Hyunjin's hand was cupping Chaewon's cheek, moving her lips slowly and sweetly that melted Chaewon into the kiss. She s her arms around Hyunjin's neck, and when Chaewon closed her eyes, the last of her tears fell.

 

Hyunjin thought that maybe this wasn't so bad. 

 

Maybe she should change some things about herself and not feel anxious about everything.

 

Maybe,

 

Maybe trusting Chaewon would be okay.

 

*END*