fin.

Black Daytime
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Whenever was there a performance stage part of the Black Day Festival?" Serena asked once she and the other three were inside the Student Council room to change into their performing outfits.

"I honestly don't remember having one last year or the year  before that."

"They actually added it this year." Katherine answered while putting on her black glittering wings.

"Said it didn't feel right that the others had one, but none for Black Day."

Serena sighed.

"And how did I let y'all get me involved with this stuff again?"

"Free food." The other three chorused with a giggle following afterwards.

Serena scoffed although she knew it was the truth, but still complained.

"Why is everything so early though?"

Melanie rolled her eyes.

"Everything is too early for you."

Serena nodded, already agreeing with her sister's words.

"Yes, yes, highly true."

"I'm pretty sure it was on the fence for a while though." Jasmine mentioned while she put on her long black wig and adjusted it to her liking.

"Like they've been getting a lot of feedback about wanting a performance stage since both the Red Day Festival and White Day Festival got it over the years. Before it wasn't such an issue since the Black Day Festival is a whole day event whereas the other two were just until three or something. Anyways, the Student Council decided to finally have one this year for the Black Day Festival."

"That makes sense." Melanie said with a nod while applying black lipstick to her lips.

"I remember Gina talking about it this school year, but not really sure if she wanted to do it or not since they still had to get the approval from the administration."

"Well, yeah, whatever. Still here we are like always."

Serena sighed as she situated the black eye mask with green accents to her satisfaction.

"It's not a bad thing, but aren't there like other better singers and performers that could do this?"

"There are some better people to do this." Gina answered with a gleeful tone as she entered the room.

"So why not ask them?"

Serena scowled.

"I get a deal with Jasmine and Katherine who actually like doing this and get two more that'll always tag along to help."

"Haha, guilty." The twins answered.

"We do."

Melanie laughed before looking at Gina.

"So what's our name this time around and what songs are we doing?"

Unlike the previous two festivals, The Black Day Festival had two parts which were for the day, Black Daytime and the night, Black Nighttime. Daytime events differed just a little bit from Nighttime. There was a jjajangmyeon eating contest that settled in the semi-final round at night. If not eating then you could make your own jjajangmyeon. The Student Council also had a booth selling solo merchandise at discounted prices created by the students and those in the artistic club, but then it was discounted even more later that night. There was also a salon-like area where you can get your nails and make-up done, once again by students studying cosmetology.

Another area where you can design shirts and a photo-booth where you can take pictures with various props. This year the Student Council announced two new segments to the festival which were much anticipated. They were the Solo Karaoke which was right after the Black Love Stage event the quartet had been roped into doing as well like the other events before. The only difference was that at night they held a speed-dating event, a solo dining, and a designated lounge to chill or rant compared to the morning which didn't offer the three at all.

"Hello everyone!" Demian, a student council member that was in charge of the Black Day Festival event, announced excitedly.

Those in the quad that were present for the stage section cheered loudly as the others were about the campus participating in the other events.

"This year we're introducing a new event of the Black Day Festival, the Solo Karaoke for the first time as well as the awesome Black Love Stage!" Demian announced with excitement.

"Before we allow the rest of you to sing to your heart's desire, we actually have our special guest coming out to perform for you guys."

Demian motioned to the other end of the makeshift stage where Serena, Melanie, Katherine, and Jasmine appeared in their get-up to stand alongside the male.

"This time around please give a warm welcome to Fallen Angels who will perform for us to acknowledge this new segment to the Black Day Festival." Demian said as he began clapping to lead the others to do the same before talking.

"Once these wonderful ladies are done then we begin the actual karaoke. So, please anticipate Fallen Angels' performance!"

Demian walked off while wishing the four good luck as Jasmine started the ment like always.

"Hello everyone. One, two..." She started while looking at the other three.

"We're Fallen Angels!"

They finished as a group with a bow before righting themselves as they introduced themselves with new stage names starting with Melanie, then Katherine, next by Serena, and ending with Jasmine.

"I'm Lady Gluttony."

"I'm Lady Sloth."

"I'm Lady Wrath."

"And I'm Lady Vanity."

There were some cheers before Jasmine continued to speak.

"It's an absolute honor to be up here to acknowledge this new segment of the Black Love Stage to the Black Day Festival. So we hope you enjoy our performances and please watch over us kindly."

The crowd cheered and Jasmine waited until they quieted down before introducing the first song.

"So first off, the first song we'll be singing for you is It Hurts. This is dedicated to those that are still suffering from being hurt recently or in the past."

The group stood in their place as they waited for the song to start as Kyle cued them in with Katherine's voice starting off the song. Once that song came to an end did Serena introduce the next song after they took a few moments to catch their breaths and drink some water.

"This next song is One By One." Serena introduced. "And it's dedicated to those that wished for a loved one to come back to them or return to a time when love felt right."

The quartet rotated positions whenever another person sang their new line as Serena started singing first. One By One ended and Melanie spoke next after taking a break.

"The next song, What Do You Know, is dedicated to those that had broken up with their significant other without understanding why they ended up like that."

Jasmine started the song with the talking part before Melanie actually sang the first verse. They once again kept the lyrics the way they were as the song was sung by both female and male. When the song came to an end the quartet took another moment to catch their breaths and drink some water. After doing that, did Katherine speak next.

"Alright, now we're actually gonna dance and sing for y'all." Katherine announced with a laugh. "This goes out to those that were placed second and wished to continue to be by their special someone's side and can't leave. This is Black Tinkerbell."

The girls got into their poses before Serena sang first then started moving afterwards. Once the song ended, the quartet took a breather, drank some water, and Serena introduced the fourth song. For some reason they were using more energy than the last two festivals.

"The next song is for those that backed off from a relationship that wasn't going anywhere despite loving the person sincerely."

Melanie spoke.

"I hope you enjoy our performance of I'll Back Off So You Can Live Better."

When the song began it was Melanie who started the song and even though the twins loved doing this, the other pair of sisters didn't mind and were enjoying it just as much. The quartet momentarily forgot their worries and other things in life as they performed for others in their disguise. Anyways, when the song came to an end the four took another break before Katherine did the next talking part.

"Hope all of you are enjoying everything so far for Black Daytime. The next song is I (Knew It). This goes out to those that don't want to deal with love again so that there's no pain. Enjoy!"

Fallen Angels got into formation and performed a new arrangement to fit their group of four compared to the original. The song came to an end and the girls once again took a moment for drinks and a breather. Jasmine spoke to announce their final stage.

"I hope you all have enjoyed our stages so far and the event

Please log in to read the full chapter