Their Fate Is Written In The Stars

Their Fate Is Written In The Stars

Walking slowly into his garden, the Sun Prince wandered around – through the sky-high trees and past the exotic flower bushes – until he found himself sitting beneath a large, chestnut tree, the shade under its branches soothing against his skin despite the slight chill.

Kyuhyun smiled to himself, unbothered as a bush of colourful flowers, rich in different shades of blue and purple, sprouted next to him. It was one of the many things he had learnt to deal with because of being the Sun Prince.

He breathed in, and out, as he stared up at the night sky, so beautiful as its stars shined down at him.

A familiar longing made itself known as he continued to stare – he had always been fascinated by the night and the magic it held, but his parents were adamant that he should never meet the Moon Prince. Not even a photo.

A slight pout appeared on his lips.

He didn’t understand why they seemed to think that simply meeting the Moon Prince would somehow destroy the harmony that the Sun and the Moon depended on.

One ruled the day, the other the night. It was a simple rule really and one that they both, despite never having met each other, followed and never went against.

The world prospered because of them, he knew, but would it really do such harm for him to meet the other ruler of the sky?

Kyuhyun shook his head, quickly dispelling the idea as fast as it had come.

“Don’t be stupid, Kyuhyun,” He mumbled to himself, playing with a small ball of fire that he had created. The yellow and orange lit up his hands, his pale skin glowing softly as the light from the flames got stronger the longer he kept it alive. “It’s not something that will ever happen…not in this lifetime anyway.”

“What does one dwell so strongly on?”

A voice to his left had Kyuhyun spinning around, the fire extinguished from his surprise, as his gaze met a man with black hair that curved around his face as a metal earring, faintly twinkling against the moon’s reflection, peaked out from between the strands.

It reminded Kyuhyun of the stars glimmering in the night sky.

“I can practically feel your annoyance from a mile away.” The man continued, voice hinted with amusement.

Kyuhyun shuffled backwards, bumping into the tree, embarrassed that someone had heard him complaining. “It’s-it’s, it’s nothing really important. It was just a…silly wish.”

The man smiled down at him and this time Kyuhyun was reminded of the moon and its warm, protective glow. “May I sit with you? I believe we have never met but I would love to get to know you.”

Kyuhyun nodded without thinking, blushing slightly as the male’s hand brushed against his as he sat down on the grass. “W-what’s your name?”

“Kim Jongwoon,” The man replied, getting himself comfortable against the tree before looking expectantly at Kyuhyun. “And yours?”

“Kyuhyun.”

Usually he would give his title too, having used it as protection on numerous occasions, but he found himself feeling completely relaxed with this strange man who reminded him of the night.

Kyuhyun blushed even more at his own thoughts, but controlled himself as soon as he realised that a few flowers were blooming beside him. He didn’t want this to end quite yet, for some reason unknown even to him, and if Jongwoon realised he was the Sun Prince then he might leave.

He subtly turned his body so as to block Jongwoon from seeing the pink azalea flowers that had sprouted next to his hand.

“Why are you here, Jongwoon?” Kyuhyun asked, aware that the man must be some sort of politician or aristocrat to even be allowed in these gardens in the first place.

“My family is making a deal with another family…it was all quite boring really, so I decided to go and visit the gardens.” Jongwoon turned to look at Kyuhyun, smiling at how shy and nervous he was. “I wasn’t aware that such a beautiful flower was here, though, or I would have come much earlier.”

“Beautiful flower?” Kyuhyun squeaked out, looking down to the ground, unsure if Jongwoon was talking about him as he blushed once more, unable to control it.

Jongwoon’s hummed, distracted, eyes wide as he focused on something behind Kyuhyun. “Is-is that…normal?”

Kyuhyun looked up and span around to see what was behind him.

A whole wall of the garden had been covered in pink roses, peonies and tulips, each petal perfect as the stems of the flowers wound together.

Kyuhyun whipped himself around, neck almost breaking, as he tried to formulate an excuse of how it was totally normal in this garden for entire walls to be covered with flowers in the blink of an eye. “That’s-um-that’s, well-“

“Adorable, that’s what it is.” Jongwoon whispered, turning towards Kyuhyun with a comforting smile. “My dear flower, are you the Sun Prince?”

Kyuhyun nodded his head, embarrassed and annoyed beyond belief.

Jongwoon’s smile stretched even further across his cheeks, as he took one of Kyuhyun’s hand into his. “Then I’m sure you’ll be comforted by the fact that I’m the Moon Prince.”

Jongwoon lifted his hand up to make a small ball of blue appear in his hands, as if trying to prove to Kyuhyun that he was being truthful. A warm tingly feeling fluttered in Kyuhyun stomach as he reached out, gently touching the edge of the floating ball.

He jumped, pulling his arm back with a squeak, as an icy shot of energy shot up his arm.

Reaching out, Jongwoon coaxed Kyuhyun’s hand back towards the ball.

“Careful,” He whispered, smiling encouragingly at Kyuhyun when the Sun Prince looked up hesitantly. “It’s just getting used to you.”

Kyuhyun nodded his head, much slower than before as his fingertip ghosted the edge once more. This time, a much gentler, gradual chill ran up Kyuhyun’s arm.

“It’s beautiful.” Kyuhyun mumbled, letting Jongwoon pull him into his arms.

“I’m glad you think so.” Jongwoon replied, leaning his head against the top of Kyuhyun’s, rubbing a hand up and down the adorable prince’s back.

-

And so, a routine began.

Every night, after Kyuhyun lowered the Sun and Jongwoon had raised the Moon, they would rush down to the gardens and meet each other under the large, chestnut tree that had brought them together.

-

Kyuhyun wandered into the gardens, excited.

It had been a week since he had first met the Moon Prince and yet he was still just as charming and had become even more caring the longer they spent time together.

A familiar tingle ran through Kyuhyun’s body. None of his suitors had ever made him feel like this, and if they had it certainly had never lasted for so long.

A smile gracing his cheeks, he turned past the last couple of flower beds and recently planted trees.

Jongwoon sat, patiently, beneath the chestnut tree, eyes lighting up when he saw Kyuhyun approaching.

“Have you waited long?” Kyuhyun asked, sitting down beside Jongwoon, the older male immediately tugging him even closer with an arm around his waist.

“No, but if I had it would have still been worth the wait.”

Cheesy.

Kyuhyun had come to realise that one of Jongwoon’s many charms was his cheesiness – really, it had only been a natural discovery; Jongwoon loved to shower Kyuhyun in affection and he also loved to make Kyuhyun blush, so his cheesiness was often a skill he used.

The Sun Prince giggled as they linked hands. “I’m glad to hear that, Jongwoon.”

Jongwoon smiled in return, finding it adorable that the sweet prince found his cheesiness sweet.

-

On another day, Kyuhyun wandered into the garden, as excited as he usually was, but this time he had given himself a mission.

He had talked to Ahra, his older sister, about the warm tingles he kept feeling, and the longing he felt to be near someone, and his sister had told him with a giggle that he must have a ‘crush’ on this person.

He hadn’t exactly been sure what that was either, though, and so his sister had quickly informed him that things like holding hands and kissing would be a good start to forming a relationship.

Kyuhyun nodded to himself, compelling his emotions to go away as his brain supplied more and more scenarios in his head.

Kissing Jongwoon…it would be easy enough, right?

The Sun Prince continued through the garden, able to hear the festival that was being held, even from here. Fireworks lit up the sky, but their beauty was nothing compared to the Moon.

He looked up briefly, hopeful, as he stared at the Moon, feeling its comforting presence wrapping around him and encouraging him.

“Everything will be fine…”

“What does one dwell so strongly on?” A familiar voice reached Kyuhyun’s ears.

He looked forward, not having realised that he had reached the chestnut tree whilst stuck in his thoughts.

Jongwoon stood under the tree, smiling at him as Kyuhyun walked over with a shy smile of his own, wrapping his arms around the Moon Prince.

“You asked me that when we first met.” Kyuhyun mumbled into Jongwoon’s chest, smiling even more at the memory.

The night they had first met had been full of questions and hesitance but now, he could only wonder why he had ever been shy.

Kyuhyun turned to look up at Jongwoon, the Moon Prince’s breath catching slightly from the ethereal glow that Kyuhyun’s pale skin was shimmering with.

He leaned closer, feeling Kyuhyun’s breath ghost against his cheeks as the Sun Prince’s eyes fluttered shut.

Jongwoon cupped Kyuhyun’s cheek softly, a warm tingle rushing through his body. He wasn’t entirely sure if Kyuhyun knew what he was about to do but his heart fluttered, excited.

Their lips connected in a soft, gentle kiss and a jolt shot down both of their spines, both Princes feeling a strange sense of being completed.

Kyuhyun reached up, holding the fabric of Jongwoon’s shirt in his hands as Jongwoon’s hands fell to wrap around his hips.

The Moon Prince leant back, eyes falling to the wall covered in flowers as Kyuhyun leant his head against his shoulder, panting slightly, overwhelmed.

One of Jongwoon’s hands softly shone with a blue glow as he controlled the flowers, a beautiful arrangement of peonies, roses and lilies morphing into a flower crown as they gradually floated over.

The flower crown landed softly on Kyuhyun’s head and the Sun Prince opened his eyes, shocked.

“Did you just make this?” He asked, reaching up and feeling how strongly the flowers had wrapped around each other as he picked the crown up, softly caressing the petals.

Jongwoon hummed, not quite finished with his work yet.

His hands began to glow white this time, as he attempted to enchant the flowers with eternal life.

Once, twice, three times, he tried to enchant it but, instead, only small sparks of white came out of his hand.

He groaned, annoyed, as his attempts continued to prove futile. He closed his eyes, summoning all of the power he could, but the spell just wouldn’t work.

The Sun Prince watched, hesitant to help as he didn’t want to make Jongwoon feel patronized. It was the beginning of the month and so, the Moon Prince’s power were at their weakest, having just been drained from a full moon.

He reached out, surprising Jongwoon, as his hands began to softly glow too, a slightly stronger white glow covering his hands as he reached out to place his hand on top of the Moon Prince’s.

“Together?” He asked, smiling softly, looking like the brightest of stars under the moonlight’s gentle glow.

Jongwoon nodded his head, smiling along with Kyuhyun as the flower crown began to glow, the flowers looking even healthier as the spell got to work.

The two both linked their hands, feeling that sense of completeness become even stronger.

Looking into Jongwoon’s eyes as the older male raised the crown to rest perfectly on his head, Kyuhyun knew that he had never felt his powers work so well or so confidently.

The only explanation was that he was stronger, and his powers whole, when he was with Jongwoon, the Moon Prince…his parents had been completely wrong.

Kyuhyun moved forward, hands playing with the fabric of Jongwoon’s shirt as he shyly averted his eyes, getting more nervous the longer Jongwoon stared at him with his intense, dark eyes.

“Can we-can we, kiss…one more time, please?” He mumbled, swallowing when Jongwoon’s eyes lit up.

Jongwoon leant forward, surprised but happy, and nodded, pulling Kyuhyun closer to him as their lips connected again, a warmth surrounding Kyuhyun as Jongwoon’s arms wrapped around his hips.

Kyuhyun felt like clinging onto that warmth, that sensation of protection that Jongwoon made him feel, and had to stop himself from chasing after the prince once their lips separated.

“I take it that you aren’t annoyed anymore?” Jongwoon asked against Kyuhyun’s lips, referring to their first night together with a teasing smile.

Kyuhyun shook his head, biting his lip as his eyes met Jongwoon’s. “No, my wish came true actually.”

The Moon Prince grinned and met the Sun Prince once more as their lips connected again, a promise of many more kisses to come.

One rules the day, and the other the night, but together they write a beautiful lullaby of love and happiness – the perfect harmony.