happy birthday

Chaos in the Boardroom

Kun was looking at the mess that was unraveling in the boardroom. With Lucas’ and Mark’s birthday coming and with Dejun’s birthday a few days after, Johnny and Taeyong decided to just combine the party. Not that they were skimping on their first borns’ birthday more of saving their guest list from the impending stomach aches from the overflowing food.

 

 

“What did you do?” Kun asked Johnny, pushing the stroller inside the boardroom and thanking his assistant.

 

“Oh, planning baobei.” Johnny walked to kiss his husband and then cooed at his sons.

 

“You call this planning?” Kun pointed to the strewn paper and mess of words on the white board.

 

“sort off.” Taeyong answered and Kun sighed.

 

“You both have really clashing tastes.” Kun sighed and sat on one of the chairs to look at the plans the two CEO’s have come up with.

 

“Do you need Yuta? Or Doyoung?” Taeyong asked and Kun nodded.

 

‘And Ten too hyung.” Kun said and Taeyong dialed the said persons to the boardroom.

 

It did not take long for the others to arrive. With Yuta bringing Dejun with him and Ten with Hendery, born out of surrogacy a month after the twins, and Doyoung who was glaring at his boss for pulling him out of his work.

 

 

“Well, you see, we wanted to plan Lucas’, Mark’s and Dejun’s birthday.” Taeyong said and the rest sighed.

 

“I told you to stop going overboard with your ideas!” Yuta said and handed Dejun to him. “Go and join Johnny and play with the kids.” Yuta instructed making Taeyong pout but who he was to argue with his husband?

 

“What  a mess.” Doyoung sighed as he sat down but diligently helped refined the plans for the birthday party.

 

“Please keep it simple, we don’t want to have the kids crying over weird color combination nor our guests’ eyes hurting.” Kun told everyone.

 

“Black and white is not weird!” Johnny retorted from the side where he was playing with the boys.

 

“It’s not halloween Johnny my dear.” Kun reminded him.

 

“Animal onesies?” Ten asked and Yuta nodded.

 

“We can change the boys into onesies after the doljanchi.” Yuta answered and Ten nodded.

 

“If only Hendery was born on august as well my baby can join his friends.” Ten pouted

 

“We could change into those but I m sure both Johnny and Taeyong wants to have the boys wear hanbok and do the doljabi?” Doyoung asked and both Kun and Yuta nodded.

 

‘Of course, our husbands’ roots and traditions should be honored.” Yuta answered and Kun agreed.

 

“But I’d wear a hanfu if I can?” Kun asked and Johnny agreed.

 

“Wear a kimono Yukkurri!” Taeyong piped up next making Yuta sigh.

 

“We’ll make sure that  those are arranged.” Ten assured them.

 

“What are you planning to serve for food?” Doyoung asked and Kun smiled.

 

“A buffet of Chinese, Korean, Japanese and American cuisines.” Kun answered.

 

“We can have sushi but I would prefer regional foods.” Yuta added.

 

“I have to apologize in advance, I don’t eat raw meat.” Kun said and Yuta beamed him a smile.

 

“Don’t worry about it, it’s your preference.” Yuta assured him.

 

“Natto!” Taeyong shouted from where he was playing with Lucas now that Johnny was lifting Dejun to be taller.

 

“Only you and yuta hyung enjoy natto.” Ten dead panned making Taeyong pout once more. “Let’s have  four buffets so it will be easier for the guest to choose whatever they want and a dessert buffet. Can we serve moon cakes” Ten asked and Kun nodded.

 

‘It’s close to choseok and moon festival anyway, we can serve traditional sweets.” Kun agreed.

 

Once every detail was finalized, they decided to go to a restaurant to have their dinner. With Jungwoo joining them there with Hendery. The slightly younger baby immediately perked up seeing his friends and made grabby hands to be placed next to his friends  making Ten pout at him.

 

“My own son?” Ten huffed making everyone laugh at him.

 

 

---

 

The weekened served as a really good date to celebrate Lucas’ Mark’s and Dejun’s birthdays so it was a tense week leading up to the big day. The three boys didn’t even care for what was happening but it doesn’t mean that their parents weren’t stressed about how to make it perfect; for both Yuta and Kun it was more of making sure the Korean traditions were respected more than anything else.

 

‘It’ll be okay” Johnny assured his husband who sighed then nodded before kissing his husband on the cheek to thank him.

 

Lucas and Mark curled up to their parents the eve of ther birthdays with Lucas preferring to stick with Kun while Mark was not letting go of Johnny, surely their twins have their favorites early on.

 

The day of the birthday, the three toddlers were dressed in their hanboks with Johnny and taeyong doing the same while Kun wore a hanfu with matching colors and Yuta wore the traditional black Kimono with his family crest. They took pictures with the set up before the guest trickled in, loving how the ballroom was transformed into a mystical forest, where guest were encouraged to wear sparkly, mythical inspired clothes, and Jungwoo being the fashionable model that he was made sure to look like the  dashing prince of a forest while Ten dressed up Alice in wonderland. Doyoung dressed up as an easter bunny while his husband Jaehyun, an actor respected in the industry, dressed up as poseidon.

 

“I told him he doesn’t belong in the forest.” Doyougn rolled his eyes but smiled wide as he picked up Lucas, his godson. Kun wanted to laugh at Doyoung because he was adamant to be Lucas’ godfather and Kun can’t say no as answer.

 

Johnny, Kun, Taeyong and Yuta greeted their guests warmly while introducing their sons to people who they trust the most. There were a lot of presents and the kids were just ecstatic witht he amount of sweets that were laid out on the sweet table.

 

The party started when Jungwoo and Doyoung, both volunteered themselves as the  MC, announced that the boys will be blowing the cake. Everyone cheered and sang them a happy birthday and Lucas was so excited that he smacked his hand on the cake making everyone laugh. The kids blew their candles with the help of their parents and the cake was removed making Lucas cry at the loss of the cake, everyone was laughing at how cute the kid was. They were then placed on the table for everyone to see, and a trays for the doljabi were presented to them. Everyone was excited and cheering as they encourage the kids to pick an item from the tray. Johnny and Taeyong  were cheering for their sons to pick the money while Kun and Yuta just watched with happy smiles.

 

Dejun picked the microphone and Taeyong was a little disappointed but Yuta nudged him because Dejun looked at him and was almost in tears when he saw his father frowning. “Oh no dejunnie, you can be a singer all you want, Appa will sponsor you okay?” Taeyong cooed and Dejun giggled and made grabby hads for his father to pick him up.

 

Lucas picked a Burberry handkerchief and it made Johnny grin, his son got expensive taste and if ever he goes into modelling, he’s sure Lucas will ace it. Mark was a real stunner though because he  picked both a toy microphone and a mini picture book. Kun smiled and picked up his son, kissing his cheek and then cooing at him. Mark is bound to do great things and it made both his parents very proud.

 

While everyone were allowed to eat from the buffets prepared for them, The three kids and their parents changed into their onesies with the twins wearing lion onesies and Dejun wearing a dinosaur onesie. Johnny wore a grizz onesie while Kun wore a panda onesie while Yuta and Taeyong wore matching cat onesies

 

They all took pictures and enjoyed the food and the games Doyoung and Jungwoo prepared for both kids and parents in attendance. The place was filled laughter and cheers while the birthday celebrants enjoyed themselves with cake and  sweets.

 

“I never got a chance to compliment you wearing your hanfu.” Johnny leaned in and kissed Kun’s cheek.

 

“You want me to wear it again?” Kun teased and the glint on Johnny’s eyes made the younger laugh.

 

“probably best time to have our bear cubs huh?” Johnny asked and it made Kun smile wide and nod.

 

 

 

----

A/n: are you ready for the next set of kids? It’s time for the 00line’s appearance