one

Joseon Kisaeng
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The smell of jasmine lingers around the premise as the night begun. The lanterns and candles were lighted up to light up the rooms. Young girls in bright hanbok entered rooms accordingly. Soon, the place is filled with laughter and screams of joy. Men wearing blue hanbok were busy sending liquor to the rooms within the kisaeng house. The kisaeng house is living up to his name. A center of entertainment for the city.

Madame Jung puffed in her tobacco as she looked at the premise from the tower of her place. She is the owner of the place and a respected woman at the kisaeng. She was once a kisaeng too, but her status was uplifted after she became a concubine to an unknown royal family. People tried to guess who the royal figure is but whoever came out with a rumor will be silent in a nick of time. She was granted the permission to be outside the castle to run the kisaeng.

It has been 20 years since she has managed the kisaeng and it is one of the best kisaeng in the Gangwon province. Madame Jung’s eyes caught a familiar figure walking with swords in her hands. She smiled and watched as the young girl walked into the most expensive room in the kisaeng.

“Who is in the room at the moment?” Madame Jung asked her helper which is standing near her since the very start.

The helper whispered to Madame Jung and Madame Jung nodded. She watched the room as two men exited it and stood in front of the door.

“He is acting as if it’s his place.” Madame Jung said to herself.

“He often does that, Ma-nim*. Sometimes, he would even ask for the room beside his to be emptied as well if there are vacancies when he arrives.”

“But I never heard of his name.”

“He is said to be the third family of the royals, from Gyeonggi. He came around when you left for Hwanghae.”

“Is that so…”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter