"I go to the club to listen to the music."

A Little distracted

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Your phone is buzzing,” Key said in a bored tone. He was feeling rude that particular afternoon. There had been so many things that had been annoying him that he wanted to be just that.

 

His noona sighed. It was not long ago that she broke up with a boyfriend Key didn’t like anyways. She now needed to get attention from other people. A good way to forget about that stupid man was to treat her dongsaeng for iced coffee in a cute café.

 

“It surely can’t be him, right?” Key added, straightening his back ready to wag his finger at Taeyeon. The lady was way too pretty for anyone that was not perfect. She picked her phone up and checked the number that was blowing up her phone.

 

“No, It’s not Sungwoo-oppa,” She sighed as if she was disappointed. Maybe she dared to miss him. Key rolled his eyes and took his drink, puckering his lips over the end of the straw and giving it a .

 

He clicked his tongue after he swallowed his mouthful finally getting to meet Taeyeon’s eyes.

 

“You surely can’t be thinking about dating so soon after a break-up?” Key asked. He was not even sure what his friend needed. If it was him, he would be so done with men, if only it was not his weakness ―that and Hermés handbags.

 

“No, but you know how women are, my clock is ticking and there are men that are desperate,” She replied while there was another buzz in her hand.

 

Key scoffed. “Men are always desperate,”

 

That was the right thing to say because Taeyeon laughed and that was what she needed. There was no cheering up from others pitying her that her last relationship didn’t work out.

 

She put her phone down again and looked at him.

 

Key put on an adorable face hiding his usual y expression behind cute dimples. “Noona, how about we go shopping?” It’s had been so long since they got out. And most of his friends were too busy with lovers, he got lonely too.

 

“Key-ah, you are scary when you go shopping,” Taeyeon teased. It was not scary but the younger would get very passionate. Plus most of the things that they tried on they could never afford. Only Key could get his hands on some of the stuff if he saved a lot for them, and for a long time.

 

The younger rolled his eyes. He didn’t need to be reminded that he didn’t have all the money in the world. Maybe he should also start looking for someone that could afford his expensive taste. Working hard was not making enough for him.

 

No, that was not it. Key just like receiving things. Goods and pleasure, especially in bed. But he was very picky and only wanted the best of the best. And that included his taste in men. That was the only reason why he was able to resist Taeyeon’s pretty eyes ―he was a flaming homoual.

 

She was downright beautiful, though. Short and thin, she had the perfect figure, both women and men lusted after it, if not for different reasons. But Key felt nothing but entertainment. She was cheeky, a good talker and knew right from wrong. She was one of his best friends, he would do anything to cheer her up.

 

Taeyeon was too comfortable in the lounge chair and her coffee was still warm. She drank, changing the subject into something they both enjoyed. They ignored the phone for a little bit more until Key got so annoyed at it he stole it.

 

“Really, who is it?” Key hissed, not caring about privacy. What would Taeyeon even be hiding at this point ―he knew everything.

 

As he could have guessed it was just a chat room of friends who were happily chatting away but Key could read the things that were coming in for a second before it all disappeared into the background.

 

“They are already looking for someone new for you?” Key asked not believing it. He knew women were vicious but Taeyeon only broke up three days ago. She said that she cried that morning why were they offer her more men now.

 

“Well, it seemed that there are a lot of acquaintances from my friends that maybe would like to meet me,” Taeyeon explained as if it was not bothering her. Key rose an eyebrow. Wouldn’t that be nice, men here and there waiting for a date?

 

“When will you start dating then?” he asked. Already not approving of it and letting it be known that he didn’t care for it.

 

“Not now. I might chat with some people. Maybe see how I feel about it. It has been a while since I was single I still need to get used to it.” She confessed holding out her hand so that Key could give her phone back to her.

 

With a pout, the younger one gave the device to her. It should be nice to have people line up for your number and Key showed that he was jealous. Maybe he wanted someone to cuddle with too.

 

“In two weeks it is Sooyoung’s birthday by the way. I was thinking with Sunny to go clubbing with the girls. Will you come too?” Taeyeon changed the subject.

 

And in a way Key was glad for that. Clubbing was a thing that he really liked and it would be interesting again since he would be going with pretty girls, he could get some men jealous and that was always entertaining.

 

“I would love too,” he replied, a second later feeling the buzz of his own phone as she added him to a fresh group chat to plan out the little party.

 

~~~

 

“I’m here, where are you?” Key spoke on the phone. He was standing outside a busy hof wondering where everyone was. It was Friday night, and all the young people were out letting off some steam. Clearly, this was the place to be. There were so many bars, restaurants and clubs were opening up too.

 

“Inside, we got a table a bit in the back,” Taeyeon said, there was too much noise inside and Key was glad she said it so loudly. Without much else, he just hung up and got indoors. He got a questionable look from one of the waiters but his determined looks seemed to let him know that he knew where he needed to be.

 

Key looked over the heads of the people sitting and soon enough found what he was looking for. A smirk came to his lips and he swayed his hips just that extra millimetre. He was spotted quicker than he could make a surprise entrance but he didn’t mind.

 

“Key-ah!” Non-other than the birthday girl called out, holding out her arms so that he could hug her and wish her all the happy years she deserved. Sooyoung was tall and pretty, single eyelid and round-faced, she had her hair cut shoulder length and dark and was wearing a little black dress as if she had plans tonight.

 

Of course, she had plans. Key complimented her on her looks and got assigned a seat across from her, next to Tiffany, that he did not take until he had greeted everyone.

 

Sunny was there, Yuri and Yoona next to each other. Taeyeon was rudely on her phone again, sticking out her tongue when he called her out on it. Hyoyeon was late as usual and Seohyun was waiting for her at the metro stop. Hopefully, they would soon arrive.

 

Even if it was not so important to be on time. The place where they were was nothing formal and they had already ordered food for the table and drinks for their thirst. So they started already, getting the latest gossip, the strangest moments and the funny memories out the blue to embarrass each other. Most of them had a love-hate relationship anyways.

 

Key was having a good time. He had his fill of unhealthy but damn tasty food and cheap liquor. They were collecting a good amount of green bottles, the pure ones and the ones with some fruit flavour.

 

It seemed to work, all the same, they were mostly hot and flushed as they suffered from their own tipsiness. What time was it even? He didn’t care but surely they would go soon, not home but to another place. It was not often that they could get the entire crew like this, they would take advantage of it.

 

“Is it alright if Minho comes to say hi? He is with a friend nearby,” Taeyeon called over Sunny’s giggles.

 

“No, don’t you dare. I don’t like Minho,” Key hissed, knowing that it was harsh. It only made the other girls laugh, they knew why. Minho was the type of person that just got annoying for Key. And what was making it all the worse was that he was just so handsome.

 

Minho was perfect, too perfect. He was a real gentleman, he was ambitious, attractive and would be there for you if you needed it. And there were moments that Key didn’t ask but still Minho was there to stir him in the right direction even when he wanted to do it solo.

 

That was what you got if you shared a class with the handsome man back in the day. Of course, friends from friends met, and Key regretted it until this day to have all these girls meet that man. It was hard to be the talk of the table when you sat next to Captain Tender Heart.

 

Key pouted as Taeyeon stuck out her tongue again, she was not going to tell Minho to stay away from them. But if Minho was with a friend who was it, did Key know him? He asked and Taeyeon shook her head.

 

“It’s one of the guys that I’m chatting with. He seems friendly, but I don’t think he is my style,” she replied shamelessly, still looking at her phone.

 

Key rolled his eyes, of course, she had all the men desperate to meet her. If this man was friends with Minho then he should have a pretty lucky night tonight. There sure were a lot of pretty girls around him.

 

“Did you get into a fight with Minho again?” Sunny asked Key curiously. They tended to do that often even if they always ran into each other like some heavenly intervention.

 

“No, I ignored his last text so I just know that he is not happy with me,” Key said drinking alone this time because he needed it. He knew that at this point he was going to feel light-headed if he stood up and that was not helping with the fact that they were packing up to leave this place to go to the next.

 

They were headed to a club. And that was the perfect time to keep his encounter with Minho short. If he remembered correctly, the tall man had a girlfriend and she would hate the fact that Minho would go to a club with eight pretty girls and a gay guy.

 

If he was just here to say hey then it would be fine. He was not going to make an issue out of it, after all, he didn’t want to be the annoying one. And he soon forgot about that little detail while joking around with Sooyoung and Tiffany about the latest internet trend they so clearly were too old to understand.

 

He was having a lot of fun though being drunk in the streets of Hongdae. No one minded it because there were too many other people drunk too. Everyone was loud and even if it was night, the streets were painfully bright.

 

Their group was more often or not separated in two but Key was not responsible to shepherd them around. He didn’t even know where they were going. But his high mood fell a little and he sneered when he saw some head sticking out over the crowd.

 

“Noona!” Minho called out his head peeking over the people that were normal-sized. Key did his best to keep a low profile but instead of walking past him, the handsome annoying guy wrapped his arm over his chest, forcing Key to stumble backwards.

 

Why, god why did Minho have to be so touchy? But Key didn’t say anything as the girls squealed and gushed over the man. If they were so happy to see each other then why didn’t there hug each other? Key didn’t ask for the affection. But he was let go off pretty quickly so that he could ignore Minho and catch the guy that was with the other man.

 

This man was normal-sized. Not tall, shorter than Key and gave him a once over. He had a pretty standard Korean hair cut but it was dyed a chemical platinum blond. His eyes were round but his jaw was sharp. He caught Key stare and took a second to smile politely.

 

Key turned to look at Minho thinking that he should be introducing his friend to them but it was Taeyeon that called out to the man.

 

“Jonghyun-shi? Hi,”

 

Key let them exchange their first greetings, getting distracted with another conversation with Sunny who hooked her arm with his and started to walk again. Was it not a bit rude to not introduce themselves. But when he looked back Taeyeon and that Jonghyun guy seemed to be having a good conversation so he guessed that was alright.

 

After all, that guy was trying to get to know her better. Pity, since he was kind of cute. Key sighed, he should have been born as a pretty girl, that way it was way easier to get the attention of the men he found attractive.

 

He should get another drink, his buzz was fading fast but that was alright as Tiffany guided them into a line of other hopeful party-goers. This club must be the hottest thing around.

 

There were a lot of people waiting and the music was loud even from the outside.

 

There were bouncers and promotion men all doing their jobs and it seemed a bit much but could all be for the show. Key wondered how much it would be to enter, he was pretty sure that it would be overpriced.

 

“We are going to get a table for the VIP,” Tiffany called out over their party and Key rolled his eyes. That was going to be such a waste of money. But he was with a good crowd so it should be good.

 

“Bye-bye Key-ah” wait who was going? Minho was on the other side of the line waving at him. Key blinked. He guessed that he was not going to stay but it was still a little upsetting.

 

“You going home already? Why don’t you play with us a little bit more?” Key tried his aegyo on the taller knowing fully well that he hated that with a passion. Minho made a rude gesture to him which only delighted Key more. He loved playing on Minho’s nerves. He stuck his tongue out and turned his back on him just to make sure that Minho knew that he was not going to mourn his early departure.

 

There was a chuckle and Key met eyes again with this Jonghyun guy that was in the row with them. So he dared to stay with them. That was brave. Key’s eyes narrowed and he saw his chance as Taeyeon got distracted.

 

“Hi, I’m Key,” he finally introduced himself and the other’s smile changed too, there was something mischievous in it as if he was ready to gamble. He moved closer when Key started to talk to him, settling next to him so that they didn’t have to scream at each other.

 

“I have heard, I’m Jonghyun,” He said, making Key curious at once. Who had spoken about him? Did Taeyeon tell him about his dirty secrets? Or did Minho expressed their love-hate friendship they had? Key didn’t know which one would be better.

 

“Am I that interesting?” Key wanted to joke but he was hoping that Jonghyun would tell who the snitch was.

 

Jonghyun chuckled again, “Minho told me, he wanted to meet his friends I thought it was going to be all girls but I heard you would be here too, that would make it less awkward for me,” he confessed even if it was a bit lame.

 

Key rose an eyebrow. Maybe Jonghyun didn’t know what team he was playing for. But then again that was not important. He was a fool thinking that Key’s presence would make it more comfortable either way.

 

“Are you scared of women?” Key dared asked, he didn’t care if he was coming on a bit strong. Minho should have warned him for it.

 

Jonghyun laughed and funnily his smile tended to show his lower teeth more than his upper ones. Key noticed then too that Jonghyun’s lower lip was a lot thicker than his upper one.

 

The more Key looked at him the more he liked what he saw.

 

“I feel more comfortable around men, that is for sure,”

 

Well, that could be taken the wrong way. Key’s eyes flickered to Taeyeon for a moment to see if she could help him. If Jonghyun knew that he was gay things could get interesting very quickly. But he was not able to ask more since it seemed to be their turn to pay the entrance fee.

 

Tiffany did all the business and they all handed over the money to get a cheap neon yellow wrist band. Of course, the birthday girl didn’t pay but Key heard that she had gotten some money from Minho to enjoy the night. Maybe he should invite Minho to his own birthday party. He seemed the type of guy that was easy to manipulate out of his money.

 

It was a bit difficult to navigate the large group but the club’s employees were happy with the new VIP group with mostly pretty ladies. They got their table, an iced bottle of grey goose vodka and a couple of cola’s waiting for them. Key sat down knowing well enough that they would start with a shot.

 

Sunny cracked open the bottle without asking and poured a glass for everyone before they could all make it to the table and this was getting messy. Jonghyun got a place next to Key somehow and the man didn’t mind.

 

Sooyoung yelled something but it was not understandable over the loud music. But she was holding out her glass and they all got the point. They got up again, shot glasses touching in the centre and screaming something amongst the lines of happy birthday before throwing the drinks down their throats.

 

Vodka burned, but they were well adjusted with soju. They could take it well, another employee came to them with another three green bottles of their usual and the same amount of water bottles, Key wondering who bought those.

 

But he didn’t ask when Yuri and Sunny pulled him to the dance floor, leaving Jonghyun next to Taeyeon on the bench to watch over the drinks. At once they closed in to have a private conversation and Key rolled his eyes. That figured; the moment of hope he had vanished and he lost himself in the rhythm of electronic dance music.

 

How many songs did he dance to? It was all so blurred together and he didn’t know. But he had changed partners already. Now that he had a good moment to dance with Taeyeon he decided that he was thirsty. And why was Jonghyun not dancing with her?

 

Key excused himself and left the girls alone for lucky men. It was easy to find their table when there was a man with platinum blonde hair sitting there alone. Wasn’t that a bit sad? He should come to the rescue.

 

“You don’t dance?” Key asked after he was let back in the VIP area by showing his wrist band to the security.

 

Jonghyun looked up, smiling when he realised that it was Key coming back for probably a drink. And indeed the pretty man sat down next to the loner and took one of the water bottles in his hand.

 

“Nah, Not really my thing, but I enjoy watching the crowd and listening to the music,”

 

Jonghyun said loud enough to be heard. Key rose an eyebrow at Jonghyun again. It was a bit weird but everyone had their kinks. Still, Jonghyun seemed very excited that Key was back.

He watched as Key drank down his water and relaxed, clearly wanting to continue the conversation. But Key beat him to it and asked the first question.

 

“Why not try? It is a good way to get to touching,” he said shamelessly if he was interested in someone being in a club could make it so much easier to later slip into bed together.

 

“I’m more interested in talking,” Jonghyun confessed but when Key looked at him with a side-eye he knew that the other didn’t feel ashamed in that. Maybe he was really not interested in getting with Taeyeon. What a fool.

 

“Then let's do that, I need to rest my feet,” Key shrugged, getting comfortable and letting Jonghyun scootch closer so that he could yell in his ear over the loud music.

 

“Minho said you two were classmates, what do you do now?” Jonghyun started and Key looked at him a bit funnily. Why that question out of all the questions he could be asking.

 

“Yeah, now I’m a buyer in a concept store chain,” Key replied truthfully but the confused tone made Jonghyun pull back a little.

 

“Sorry if I’m making it a bit awkward, those are not my intentions,”

 

Key figured that much. Minho chose his friends well and Taeyeon seemed to like him too so there should not be a reason for him to dislike Jonghyun. He forced himself to relax and smiled. Maybe he could put in some effort.

 

“Minho called you hyung, what year were you born?” Key asked, for the first time giving Jonghyun some of his interest without scepticism.

 

“90. I’m guessing I’m your hyung too,” he said with a warmth that let Key know that he could call him hyung too. It was a charming smile and well there was no reason to lie, Jonghyun was totally his type.

 

He noticed the difference in the width of their chests, Jonghyun’s sleeves were tight over his arms and his hands seemed strong. Did Minho pick up this snack at the gym? It did seem that he did something to get that physique.

 

“What do you do, Hyung?” Key continued to ask, using the common honorific and trying out the taste of it. Jonghyun’s eyes sparkled as if he was excited that Key had taken the bait. It sure made them closer.

 

“I work for MBC, in the radio apartment.” He said and letting it die there because that was something Key knew nothing about and had zero interest in learning about. Pity.

 

There was another moment of awkward silence and Key took another sip while Jonghyun looked at the people dancing.

 

Key however was looking at the table, one of the bottles of soju was missing its cap and there was a good amount already gone. Had they been drinking? Jonghyun and Taeyeon?

 

“Minho set you up, does that mean that you looking for dates?” Key asked casually, Jonghyun leaning closer to catch every word. They were now thigh against thigh and the elder had put his arm around the back of the couch. It was innocent enough but Key could feel his heat.

 

“Well, not really. Minho just decided that it would be a good match or something like that. I didn’t have a date for a long time now. I wasn’t really looking for one in the first place. But I’m not the type of guy to disappoint,” Jonghyun said and somehow it sounded like the truth.

 

Why wouldn’t you be looking for dates though? Key was curious but he didn’t dare ask now. Still, he got into a personal topic. “Is Taeyeon not your type? what type of person are you looking for if you did?”

 

Jonghyun took a second and Key looked at him, the elder was thinking, it was as if he didn’t even have a style.

 

“I don’t know, I just want someone who is playful. Taeyeon seemed too tame. She said something amongst the lines of ‘I want to settle’” Jonghyun replied and pulling back so that he could see Key’s reaction to that.

 

The younger man did have a funny expression, that what Jonghyun said could be taken many ways and Key didn’t want to put his hopes with it. So he just rose another eyebrow. “Are you a bad boy then? Meeting girls here and there?”

 

He was playing, maybe flirting but a straight guy would have never noticed that. However, Jonghyun smirked as if Key was falling into a trap.

 

“No, I would never. If you would know me well then you would say that I’m quite the romantic,”

 

Key rolled his eyes. He hated that stuff, there was no reason to waste so much time seducing a possible mate.

 

“I hate romance, it makes me gag most of the time,” he replied with no interest in the conversation anymore. Maybe Jonghyun was not worth the work.

 

“Do you do that often? Gagging?” Jonghyun whispered and Key had not realised how closer the elder had gotten to his ear. Key shivered due to the hot breath but Jonghyun didn’t seem to notice. He was snickering at his own joke.

 

Key didn’t think it was all that funny though. What was this? Did the other know? Why would Key be gagging otherwise? And well what if he said that he really didn’t mind gagging; Would that disgust Jonghyun, or worse, would he get too excited?

 

Instead of answering Key laughed it off, it had to be some bad humour and he was not in the right mood to be offended. Plus it didn’t seem that Jonghyun thought much about it. Still, it confused Key to no end.

 

He wanted to know now, he wanted to know what type Jonghyun liked, he wanted to know his orientation. Thus far Jonghyun had not taken the bait and spilt his beans, was he playing hard to get? It frustrated Key so much since he didn’t even know if one of his friends had shared that little detail about him already.

 

Key was playing with fire and Jonghyun’s eyes were sparkling with excitement. Did he have that look while he was talking with Taeyeon too? How could she say no to those pretty eyes? Key had to look away when he realised that Jonghyun was biting his lower lip of all things.

 

“Don’t get any funny ideas,” He huffed more to himself than to Jonghyun. Nevertheless, Jonghyun was so close that he could hear it over the loud music. Why was he so into Key’s bubble?

 

“Sorry, I was just joking around,” Jonghyun confessed but his high mood didn’t seem to calm down. He was really playing. Was that not something that he was looking for? His ideal type, someone to play with.

 

Key might as well see how far this would go. He didn’t think Taeyeon would be upset if he took a little nibble from her snack. If she wanted him then she shouldn’t be dancing with others. Key’s eyes narrowed with a new motivation to see how far he could bend Jonghyun. If he was even straight in the first place.

 

“I thought you would be more upset about being rejected. she is very pretty. I would know a lot of men that would think you are lucky just to get her number,”

 

Jonghyun shrugged his shoulders and somehow that caused the hand that was innocently on the back of the couch to fall on to Key’s shoulder instead. “I got distracted, I saw something prettier,”

 

Key took a second. There was a lot going on. What did Jonghyun say? And why was there an arm around him? This man was dropping hints and Key so desperately wanted to catch them. Was it all too good to be true?

 

“Did you now? Do you get distracted often?” Key asked. He wouldn’t like it if Jonghyun was a playboy. That was just not worth it, he would just be a number in a long list.

 

Jonghyun smile sweetened strangely and he leant closer again to whisperer directly into Key’s ear. “I don’t get distracted often at all, that was why I was so taken aback.”

 

Was that the moment that Key caught him staring after he escaped Minho? Key didn’t ask that, that would be too straightforward. However, it did seem completely possible and that made it all the more fun to talk to the other.

 

Key’s eyes narrowed again. He was starting to like the warm hand that could just be friendly on his shoulder. Of course, he was not going to do more than this in a straight club, even if they were both gay. Key spared a glance to the other people dancing, pressed together, touching, kissing even. How lucky were they?

 

“I know there were a lot of pretty girls around me, I like to make men jealous,” Key said, playing as if he had not realised Jonghyun’s small advances. But it seemed to make Jonghyun chuckle and try harder.

 

“I was jealous for a moment. But just at Minho. How long have you known him? Are you close?” Men being jealous of other men? Jonghyun was a fool, he should know that Minho had a girlfriend and was very invested in her. It would be useless being jealous over him but Key shrugged he might as well tell Jonghyun the truth.

 

“He is a good man, always does what I ask him to do, I figured that he might come in useful at the right time,”

 

“Maybe this is the right time,” Jonghyun hummed in his ear, the sound husky and made Key shivered again. That tone was so arousing, it was a sound that he would love hearing whispering different things while alone together.

 

He hoped that Jonghyun was right and Minho did prove useful. Key pulled back a little so that he could see Jonghyun and decide if Jonghyun was worth it. Was he his style? Or was he just desperate?

 

Jonghyun’s smile was lopsided and handsome. His skin was clear and healthy, his lips and jaw already something Key had accepted finding attractive. Funny, Jonghyun’s nose was not straight, and it was such a low nose bridge that they really needed to get close if they wanted to nuzzle. Was that a weird thought?

 

It was like Jonghyun was doing the same too, he was looking Key over again. Finding all the little details like the scar in his eyebrow, his small bow-shaped lips, his high maintenance clear skin, sharp cheekbones.

 

There was no doubt that Jonghyun found him fascinating. But if it was romantically was not clear. Key was impatient to find out. What if he would move that little bit closer and kiss him on the lips?

 

Would Jonghyun pullback? Would he make a scene? Would they be kicked out of this club? No, Key would not do something so stupid. But danm, he wanted to be kissed. Should he offer to go somewhere more private?

 

No, he was not planning to sleep with someone that he just met even if they had mutual friends. And now that he thought about it, he didn’t really feel like being an experiment for a man that wanted to see how it was to be with another man.

 

Key would only deem it worthy if Jonghyun was certain about his uality. Why was the elder not talking? They had been staring each other in the face for a while now. Was that acceptable as normal behaviour?

 

Key started to feel itchy and uncomfortable under the other’s gaze. He looked away and hoped that Jonghyun understood that he should do the same. Maybe a drink? Key bend over to the shot glasses not knowing whose was whose.

 

The younger poured two shots and turned to see if Jonghyun was up to it. The blonde was smiling kindly and took the glass so that they could cheer on something they didn’t share aloud. Just after bringing the cool glasses to their lips, the girls came back.

 

Their intimacy was broken and Key could get away from Jonghyun’s attention to have a breather. He was happy that Taeyeon sat down next to Jonghyun and called him to talk. He didn’t even feel jealous about it now.

 

He needed to pay attention to Sunny who was talking to him. Still, he kept an eye to see how close Jonghyun was with the others. Key rose an eyebrow though where was Tiffany? Sunny was screaming in delight about the fact that they had totally lost their friend, finding her in the arms of an unknown but handsomely tall man.

 

“Wow,” Key gasped. Tiffany was lucky, He too didn’t mind a game of kissing on the dance floor. Even though he had the option of kissing Jonghyun just moments ago. If only he could be as fearless as Tiffany.

 

Again he turned his gaze to Jonghyun who was laughing at something, friendly and open to Seohyun, Hyeon and Taeyeon. Was there a difference in how he spoke to these women compared to him? Key thought so but then again he might be too hopeful.

 

Pity that right now, their group formed two that they had a good time like that. Key was pulled back into dancing but he knew that Yuri wanted to see if she could find Tiffany. Key understood that and he followed her around until they found her and could keep an eye on her.

 

When they did find her she seemed to have made new friends but was happy to see them again. Even if they tried to get her to say who the guy was she ignored it as if she was already over him. Maybe he had made a little mistake and she rejected him, she had high standards after all.

 

Instead of heading back to the table, they danced a little more. Key was getting a bit tired though and his buzz was off. The talk he had with Jonghyun seemed to have made him sober up fast and he had not taken the opportunity to drink when he was sitting down.

 

At the end of the night, he started to get a bit overwhelmed. He was too bored to dance more but worried to meet Jonghyun. He didn’t want to be disappointed. It was however time to head back. The dance floor was not that crowded anymore but people seemed more desperate.

 

Key pulled at Yuri’s arm as he made eye contact with some men that looked like trouble. He was not liking it at all and wished that Jonghyun was with them to seem less approachable.

 

“Should we go?” she asked as if she knew exactly why Key was uncomfortable.

 

“Yeah,” He replied, taking Tiffany’s hand too and getting them back to their table just to see Sooyoung, Yoon-ah and Jonghyun. Where was the rest? Key rolled his eyes and started to get a bit grumpy.

 

The girls seemed blissful thinking that the VIP area was safe. But Jonghyun seemed to see Key’s mood and got up for the first time to meet him.

 

“What’s up?” He said informally but in a serious tone. He was close to Key, so close that the younger put a hand on his chest in a warning not to get closer.

 

“Just so men with bad intentions. All the people that were lucky are already home. Do you know what time it is?” Key confessed. His hand felt how strong the other’s chest was and that was instantly making him calmer. He didn’t need to feel so anxious.

 

“I was talking to Yoon-ah, she wants to go home soon too. You should stay here. I will get the others,” Jonghyun said without questioning Key’s feelings and passed his own hand over the younger’s middle in a comforting way.

 

Key let his shoulders relax but his mind wonder. Why was Jonghyun so caring? Was it just his character? Or did he have other intentions? Of course, Taeyeon was still somewhere out there, was he jealous that men might make a move on her?

 

No, that argument was getting old now. Key didn’t believe it anymore. Jonghyun was kind, he was like Minho, compassionate. Maybe that was why they were friends. The elder was someone trustworthy. Key smiled and got back to the group sitting on the couch.

 

“We should head out soon,” Yoona repeated that what Jonghyun had said and Key nodded. Informing that the man was out there looking for the rest.

 

“Don’t you think Jonghyun is cute?” Yuri randomly said and Key stuttered before realising that it was not meant for just him to reply to.

 

“Cute? No, he is handsome. Pity he is younger than me, I would feel weird dating a dongseang,” Tiffany replied. Key hit her softly on the hand and pouted at her.

 

“You should have already be married if the only thing you can think of is old-fashioned things like that.” Key rolled his eyes. He didn’t feel like meeting their questions. He didn’t know how much they had seen when he and Jonghyun were having a private conversation.

 

“You seem to like him,” Yoona pointed out and Key bit the inside of his cheek. That was exactly what he didn’t want to hear.

 

“He is friendly and you girls can be so tiring sometimes. He doesn’t dance so the only option was to chat. Plus it is so loud here,” Key shut up when he saw Yuri’s raised eyebrow. Did he say too much? It did all sound like a lame excuse and these ladies knew him well enough to know that he was flustered.

 

“Just give him your number, Key-ah. Jonghyun was basically eating out of your hand. And you would make a cute couple.” Yoona said loud and clear over the music.

 

“What? Why. I don’t even know if he swings that way,” Key gasped. He didn’t have a chance to lie to them. But he would not go down without a fight.

 

“Then why not ask, you never know. After all, he is not interested in Taeyeon,” Yuri said blinking her pretty eyes to get him to do what she wanted. That wouldn’t work on Key, who made a rude face at her.

 

“Give me a break,” He hissed at them getting his jacket and putting it on. Did he have everything? He checked his pockets for his wallet and phone.

 

“There you are,” There was a call but the man didn’t pay it any attention. They had the team whole again and he was closest to all the bags and coats, so he started the hand them out, back to their owners.

 

 

Fresh air, finally. Key had not realised that the club had a stuffy scent to it. Now he filled his lungs in joy. There was a small buzz in his ear, the loud music still there somewhere. Where was everyone? He realised that he was walking at the front all alone.

 

He turned to see the group all chatting and ignoring him. Even Jonghyun? No, the other was on his phone, maybe checking where they were going or how to get back home. Key waited until he would almost walk into him before asking what the other was doing.

 

“I’m looking for a good place to get taxis.” He said as they started to walk together. It was a good idea for sure. Key was fine but he could see the girls being cold, short dresses and the difference of the warm club was too much.

 

The younger man figured that it really was time to call it a night. “What time is it?” He asked Jonghyun,

 

“2:34,” he simply replied, “If we go this way there are a lot of taxis.” He pointed out and they took his advice.

 

“Where do you live?” Key asked, wondering if they could share taxi fare. He knew that he wouldn’t fit in the car with all the other girls.

 

“Gwangjin,” he replied, locking his phone and looking up to Key. “You?”

 

“Cheongdam, you are very far away from home, will you be alright?” Key asked and he was showing real concern.

 

At once Jonghyun’s cheeky smile came back. “It is difficult or are you offering to let me sleep over at yours?”

 

Key huffed, rolling his eyes and hurried to the street to hail a taxi. He could hear Jonghyun chuckling to himself and watched as an orange car slowed down to take new customers. Was Key already going? Without a goodbye?

 

But the man opened the car door and ushered the first group of girls into it. They all waved at Jonghyun who called out for them to have a good night. Soon it was just the two of them there in the cold night and all of a sudden Key hoped there were no more taxis any time soon.

 

“So?” Jonghyun said, and Key turned to him. The other looked like he didn’t know what to say and he didn’t know how to start a conversation either. There were too many questions between them and this was not really the time and place to start. Key hummed however so that Jonghyun knew to continue.

 

“Can I have your number?” the elder said a bit shyly, Key noted and that was not like him. The younger though shook his head.

 

“Nah, ask Minho. I hear he has good connections,” Key teased. He wanted to play hard to get even if he didn’t know if this was a game. Maybe he should just ask what Jonghyun’s intentions were. He stuck out a hand and a taxi saw him.

 

Why did he not dare to look at Jonghyun at this moment? He was shy too, he had gotten so confused tonight, it was tiring. He should really throw out his gaydor and get a better one.

 

Jonghyun opened the car door for him and it forced Key to look at him again. There was a small smile on his lips but his eyes were a bit sad. “Alright, I will ask Minho,” but instead of letting him go Jonghyun grabbed his wrist.

 

The younger froze a moment, giving Jonghyun the opening he was looking for to press a light chased kiss on the corner of Key’s lips. “Good night then,” it was whispered very close to the skin of his cheek that was quickly heating up.

 

Key was in shook, blinking dumbly. But he nodded, saying his own good night before sitting down in the car’s backseat and letting Jonghyun shut the door. Oh, Key felt like a fool, when things were falling into place. He only snapped out of it when the driver asked him where to.

 

He told his address but his mind was still with Jonghyun. He should have given him his number, he should have invited him to stay with him. He should have just asked. But he had been a little distracted.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thank you for stay with Jonghyun