Shopping for trouble

6 Genies = 6 Wishes

 

"So, what do you guys need?" I asked the 6 guys when we were at home after school. Myungsoo was a little pissed though, that I actually ditched him for my 'weird' roommates.

"Clothes," Himchan said, stating the obvious.

"Food," Zelo shouted."Oh, noona! Do you know? Himchan hyung makes the best kimchi pancakes!"

"You guys eat human food too?" I joked.

"Food is multiracial," Daehyun said, still hiding his face behind the mask.

"Do you ever take that off?" I asked, reaching out for the black cloth.

He gave me a piercing gaze and moved away from my reach.

"Okay then, never mind." I looked around."While we go to the shopping centre, do you guys mind dyeing your hair a different color?"

"No!" They all shouted, catching me off guard. They gave each other a sheepish look. I shook my head in confusion.

"Okay, sheesh. Don't have to go all out on me." I stood up, grabbing my purse."Let's go then."

"Where?" Youngjae asked.

"To Dongdaemun!" I said, excited to be able to shop again.

"How are we going to go there?" Jongup asked.

As we headed out, I questioned them if their able to use their magic powers to teleport us there.

"No. We only use them when needed, not wanted," Zelo stated.

"This is needed." I argued.

"No it's not."

"Yes it is."

"No it's not."

"Fine, then let's just take the train."

Zelo pouted."Aren't you going to continue playing the game?"

I ruffled his curly, ramen hair. "Play with someone your age."

We were still walking towards the station when a group of high schoolers passes us.

"Wah, their so cute!" The group of girls shrieked.

"I like the tallest one!"

"I like the one with the mask!"

"I like the one with the cheek fats!"

Upon hearing that, Youngjae stopped and stared at the girls."Did I hear wrong? Did they just say my cheeks are fat?"

"Hyung, you have to admit it; your cheeks ARE fat," Jongup said, dragging him along.

"No it's not."

"So are your tummy fats." Daehyun added.

Youngjae glared at him. Daehyun's eyes showed signs of mischievousness but suddenly, he gave a soft 'woah' and slipped onto the floor. It was only then I saw a banana skin just under his feet.

I chuckled, at first thinking of how unlucky it is when Daehyun gave a weird look.

"Wha..." Daehyun looked at the banana skin and then pointed at Youngjae."You!"

Youngjae stuck out his tongue."Serve you right."

"I thought you should only use magic when needed." I said, getting the situation.

"It was needed. It's needed for my ego. You should know that a man's ego is as important as their-"

Yongguk wrapped his hands around Youngjae's mouth."That's enough buddy."

I laughed and led them into the station. They started getting amazed at how many people where going in and coming out, how long the train could take to come. They even started playing games like guessing when the next train would arrive although it was clearly stated on the board above.

"Hey, let's play a game," Himchan suggested.

"What game?" Jongup asked.

"We go into the train. Whoever loses will have to run out of the train, shout something and then come back in before the door closes."

The other genies shrugged and agreed. I, on the other hand, denied.

"Why not? It'd be fun!" Zelo exclaimed.

"Yeah, and you guys get to leave this world while I have to stay here until I die. I'll do well without the humiliation haunting me."

Just then, the train arrived. We got in and the boys started playing a round of stone, paper, scissors. In the end, the loser was Himchan. At the next station, he quickly ran out, shouted a measly, 'I'm a genie' and ran in again. I saw the weird looks they were getting from the people in the train and inched away slowly.

The game continued and sadly, it was a pretty long trip for us to reach Dongdaemun. When we got there, I swore someone might have called the authorities on us.

"Next time play a game that would attract lesser attention," I told them.

"Then what's the fun of it?" Yongguk gave an ignorant shrug.

"Wah! So much food!" Zelo shouted.

"Hi," Himchan flashed a smile at a group of girls who walked past him who giggled in return.

I smacked him hard on the head.

"Yeoja!" He paused to give me an exasperated look."I know we've only met for a few days but you don't have to be that jealous!" He shouted, rubbing his sore head.

I glared at him and he flashed me a loving smile. "But I still love you."

He skipped over to me with opened arms but I pushed him away. I caught Zelo before he ran off to the street side vendors and held onto his collar like a leash while dragging him into the shopping centre.

"If you want to keep your identity a secret, please help yourself and act human."

"We are acting human. Humans are obsessed with food.” Zelo argued.

"Like you." Youngjae added.

"And humans flirt around with girls too." Yongguk agreed.

"Like Himchan," Jongup said.

"Hyung," Himchan added while glaring daggers at him.

"Okay, but at least try to lay low so I don't have so much to worry a-wait...where's Zelo?" I asked, seeing that the tall guy was missing.

"Zelo? Oh! There he is!" Jongup exclaimed, pointing towards the candy shop.

There he was looking through some of the candies on display and trying them. Just then, he took up one of the sample bowls and made his way to us. My eyes widened and I hurried over, snatching the bowl away from him and putting it back where it belongs.

"You don't just take samples!" I scolded.

"Those are samples?" He asked with a frown."But the lady over there said to 'take as many as I want'."

"Yeah but she didn't ask you to take the whole bowl did she? From now on, you guys stay close. We're going to buy your clothes first."

"What ab-"

"We'll buy food later on, after we buy your clothes."

Zelo seemed pretty satisfied with my answer and nodded in glee. But I should have known their attention span could only last that long. After one visit into a shop, they attention was held somewhere else.

Zelo soon found his way to another shop that sold different types of jellybeans and gumdrops. Youngjae found a shop selling brain food while Jongup got preoccupied with those selling muscle drinks. Yongguk went into a CD shop - war section - while Daehyun went to the video games. At least Himchan was sticking to me.

Maybe it's just the genies, because for all I knew, boys would at least take some notice in the trends. Not much, but at least a little. And I'm extremely thankful for Himchan assuring me that there are at least a few immortals like him who cares.

"I knew you were different." I looked at Himchan proudly.

He gave me a weird look."Huh?"

"Not all guys cook well."

"Are you implying I'm gay?"

I eyed him."You prefer girls right?"

"Of course I do!" He yelped.

I shrugged and looked forward."Well, anyways, I'm just glad you care a little for fashion."

"Hmm." He gave a short answer.

We walked in silence for several minutes and just when I was about to ask him his preference for color, he said something which just about sent me over the edge.

"Will you perhaps be going to the lingerie section today?"