Breakfast Situation

6 Genies = 6 Wishes

 

"asdrugjasdnvlaghjk!"

I opened one eyes when I heard the noises.

"Yah! I told you sfhyensnkgj..."

Groaning, I turned the other way round so as to block out the noise from outside.

"qeurfamvhaslfadg!"

I heard more annoying noises and then the slam of a door. Finally with the silence, I tried going back to sleep. After a few minutes of turning here and there and not being able to go back to sleep anymore, I sat up right.

" those genies." I mumbled and stood up, going out to give them a piece of my mind."Don't you guys know wh-"

I stopped short when I saw that the house was empty except for Yongguk. He looked up from the TV, took in one look of my bed hair and went back to watching his show.

"Where did the genies went?" I asked.

"Movies." He replied.

"What about you?"

"I'm too lazy to walk." He muttered. He paused and then continued."And they’re going to watch a romance film."

I smiled and walked over, sitting down next to him. He turned to look at me and then back to the TV again.

"Don't you need to brush your teeth?"

"Later."

"Your hair's a mess."

"I don't care."

"Go up on the wrong side of bed?"

"Only the genies to blame."

I stared straight ahead as I heard Yongguk chuckle.

"Make breakfast for me."

I narrowed my eyes at him."What am I? Your maid?"

He shrugged.

"Last time I checked, I was actually the master?"

"But you're the only one who knows how to cook!" He whined.

An idea popped up in my head."Say, I've never seen you done aegyo before."

The smile on his face fell and he stared me down."No."

"Okay then, no breakfast."

He grumbled and stared at the TV screen. Stealing a glimpse over at him, I smiled.

"No nicely made scrambled eggs and that delicious bacon. Oh! I remembered I just bought hash browns."

I saw the look on Yongguk's face and bit my lips to keep in my laughter. I opened my mouth to tempt him a little more when he slammed his hand on the sofa.

"Aish! Fine, fine, what do you want?" He growled.

I giggled."Do the 'bbuing bbuing' thing Zelo did last time."

His eyes widened."Hell no. Yeoja, you're completely out of your mind."

"No harsh browns," I sang gleefully.

He gave me a look, sighed and then said a soft 'bbuing bbuing'.

"Nope! You have to do it with your hands, like that!" I showed him what Zelo did the other time.

A smiled suddenly showed on his face. I stopped doing the aegyo and looked at him weirdly.

"What?"

"You look cute."

Blood rushed to my cheeks as I quickly put my hands down."I-it's your turn."

He chuckled and brought his hands to his cheeks, balling it up into a fist and speaking in a monotone with no hint of cuteness at all."Bbuing bbuing. There, you happy?"

Thinking through his efforts, I agreed not to push it any further and went to prepare his or our breakfast.

"Did we run out of salt?" I asked myself, looking around the place for the salt bottle. I finally saw it on the top shelf. Standing on the tip of my toes, I tried reaching for it but to no avail.

"Himchan." I cursed through clenched teeth.

I was just deciding on climbing up onto the stove when another hand reached out to take it. I turned to my left and found Yongguk right next to me, only a few centimeters of space between our faces. I quickly moved away when Yongguk turned to face me.

"Here."

I took it from him."T-thanks."

"You okay, Haejin?" He asked, poking my cheeks."Your cheeks are a little...red."

I swatted his hands away and pushed him out."I'm fine. Go back and watch TV. The food will be ready soon."

He gave me one last look before walking back to the living room. I let out a loud sigh. After another fifteen more minutes, the food was prepared.

"Come and eat! It's ready!" I shouted.

Yongguk appeared and sat down, already chugging his food down. We ate our food in silence, only the occasional sounds of chewing and cars passing by. It wasn't uncomfortable though.

"Haejin, is it okay to like a mortal?" I heard him ask.

I brought my head up and gasp. Yongguk was leaning across the table, his head bent down so he was to my level and staring me right in the eye.

"Uh...that...h-how would I k-know?" I stumbled with my words.

Yongguk kept silent and stared. I shifted in my seat uncomfortably. "Uh..."

"What if it was you?" He asked.

Shocked, I searched his eyes but before I can let my brain rack, he chuckled and leaned back, seating back in his place.

"You're so fun to play around with!"

I blinked and frowned."That's wasn't very nice of you."

"What's with the sudden formalities?"

I ignored his question and went back to eating my breakfast. He gave one last chuckle and went back to eating his breakfast too. Halfway, the doorbell rang. I looked up and met eyes with Yongguk.

"They're back?" I asked.

Yongguk frowned, puzzled."That was fast they told me they were having lunch out though."

Both of us stood up and walked over to the door. I opened it a crack to see who it was.

A guy in a red cap had his face down, thus preventing me from looking at his face. Before I could ask who he was, he looked up and I emitted a small gasp.

"Junhyung?!"

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

short update. will make it up in the next one! ^^