...

Come Back to Me in One Piece
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     They’re in Europe for a school trip, fresh Italian air, artisan food, posh and artistic France. 

      Jungeun is trying so hard to make the most of her time with Jinsoul because she feels it already slipping away.

       The Blip lit a flame in her of new fears and anxieties. Losing her closest mentor and fighting against a space titan didn’t help either. How had she just felt like she out for a few minutes when years had passed? Life had bounced around as she struggled to resettle with Aunt Suzy suddenly knowing more about pop culture than her. Even still, she could never be the same.

      Her web slinging activities had resumed soon enough though, even on the trip with Mysterio and these new monsters. They served as an excellent distraction from her personal demons. She can save the world and she can find solace in that, however, it only ebbs the throb that the hero can’t save herself. She has this power, time to kill, so why not? There are always people to rescue. (Uncle Dongwook probably never meant for his philosophy to be used as a shield, but Jungeun quickly puts the notion to bed as it causes the hounding of her head to increase.)

      Jungeun’s thoughts swirl and tumble in her head as she struggles. She’s been crying a lot lately, she’s too fragile with grief and self made exhaustion. Her nights are fitful at best (plagued with cramming, explosive thoughts or nightmares) while her days cooped up in school are spent dazed. 

     Jinsoul is worried, she knows that, keenly aware of the gazes that leave her skin tingling. She sees right through me, she thinks. But she doesn’t press her to open up about her inner turmoil and Jungeun in turn let her in with bits and pieces of what she’s feeling. 

      The process has been grueling as Jungeun is inconsistent with her feelings and whether or not she’ll talk about it. She’s apologetic to her friends and Jinsoul for all of it, so much she books herself a therapy appointment through S.H.I.E.L.D. to get help, but that’s not for another two months. There’s a whole plane of time stretching to feel like an eternity, who knows what could happen, most especially with her lifestyle. 

       For now, she has her friends and Jinsoul who choose to burden themselves with her. An aged up Yerim, now in her grade and classes, makes careful watch of her and it scares her how old and mature she is now. Though only Jinsoul and  Jiwoo know of her spectacular extra activities, she’s apparently concerning everyone and sets off alarms left and right. 

       Her days are getting better (she’s steady), even if the shadows linger on her face. Things start to look up on the trip as she smiles and laughs like a bird squawking. She gets out of bed to walk with Jinsoul in the city streets. They go on a few romantic dates and have hushed conversations in Jinsoul between the younger slipping out to deal with these new elemental monsters. 

       Jungeun and Jinsoul can’t bear to be apart for too long. The older shares the hero’s sentiment in how limited their time in the world really could be. They maybe aren’t being as much of romantic partners than they are being pillars, but that’s just for now as things start to settle back down. 

        There have been more romantic and darling moments exchanged over the past few days, starting with Jungeun sneaking into Jinsoul’s room for the night. The whole debacle started with a text from Jinsoul saying she had forgotten her teddy bear at home and couldn’t sleep well. Jungeun in turn, went and retrieved a stupid over priced French teddy bear and a bundle of roses. She bypassed the chaperones all together by instead using the outside of the building and knocking on Jinsoul’s window twenty stories above Paris. (There was no balcony either, Jungeun was just clinging to the window with an arm full of roses and a teddy bear at sunset, effectively scaring Jinsoul less.)

        Their romantic antics are continuing this evening as they go to the theatre with seats next to each other.  

       “Jungie,” Jinsoul clutches her arm. “Are you feeling alright tonight?”

        Jungeun finds a fond smile easily as they walk through the grand doors. “I’m feeling just fine, I’m sure the show will be good.”

      “Alright, just double checking.” Jinsoul leans into her, the hallways must be making her cold. “You don’t have to go anywhere, do you?”

       The looming threat of their time together is inevitable in this line of life. They make an excessive amount of dates fully knowing maybe a quarter will actually be fulfilled. 

        It makes Jungeun hesitant to answer, if she does, it’ll just make all her problems real and vibrant again. Maybe it can just slip away and Mr. Beck will handle it… (They both know she has to go anyways, she has to, help is help… no matter how small Spider-Girl feels in comparison to Mysterio.)

     —“Jungeun, Jungeun.” Jinsoul says now, quietly and standing in front of h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter