Shape of You

I Like Me Better
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"The club isn't the best place to find a lover. So the bar is where I go"

'Nice one Ed Sheeran. Your song really suits the mood tonight.'  Vicky mumbled to herself as she makes her way to a table where her friends are doing shots. Drinking fast and talking slow. She dislikes going out but this has been her way to socialize and gain acquaintances. She also hates staying at her unit. And who cares about real friends when she doesn't even consider anyone as one. She just needs them.

 

~

 

Victoria Jang is the youngest daughter of Victor Jang, who founded Republican Builders, an established firm in Korea that made a buzz in the architecture world after SWAN project together with Democrat Architecture.

At the age of 13, her parents bought her that unit and she started living all by herself. She was practically raised to be independent. She needed to. For her to keep a family secret. That she was both her parents' illegitimate daughter. Her dad's side has accepted it. But her mom's? Never. She even disowned her. Their reputation matters more.

 

~

It's her first night out in NYC, and still isn't familiar with the places so she simply waited for a cab. Mikaela Kim is set to meet the interior designer she asked for from an established design firm, Brooke Interiors, for her newly puchased 525-square foot unit in downtown Brooklyn.

She successfully hailed one and settled at the back seat.

'The apartment's in Brooklyn and this designer asked me to meet at a bar in midtown Manhattan. I don't feel good about this.' Mika uttered, thinking out loud. 

The driver cleared his throat to get her attention. "Where to Miss? By the feature he has, probably Asian, and in his early 40s

"Oh. Sorry. Refinery Hotel in the Garment District please."

"I could tell you're new here." the man commented

"Why so?" Mika was surprised to hear that from him

"New Yorkers will give an intersection, not an address."

"Is that so?"

'And FYI, Refinery Rooftop is known as a meeting place young lady. They say the place itself guarantees a 70% chance of getting a close deal.'

Mika sarcastically smirked at the friendly chauffer's words. She immediately replaces it with a sheepish smile when she noticed the driver looking at her through the rear-view mirror. "I didn't mean to offend you with my reaction, it's just I see it as an inappropriate place for a business deal."

"I'm telling you, its normal dear." 

They soon arrived at the place as she lay her eyes on her wristwatch. 6:45 PM. Just in time for a 7 PM meeting. She handed the money and before settling her boots out, she heard a voice saying "Welcome to New York!" and responded with a cheerful smile

 

With a retractable glass roof, indoor seating, and outdoor terrace—Refinery Rooftop showcases an incredible view of Midtown Manhattan and the Empire State Building. Whether you’re sitting down to lunch or enjoying a handcrafted cocktail in the evening. She was greeted by a young lad in a white bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter