final

Like Water

She admits that her girlfriend is not an affectionate person. People perceive her as cold, rude, numb and other nonsensical things she doesn’t care about. So she tries to ignore people when they ask her if she’s sure in the relationship she’s in or if she’s sure with her. Like duh, I’m the girlfriend?

She usually just smile and nod every time someone tells her they’re ‘concern’, but this time, after hearing almost all of the people they met tonight about their relationship, she’s near her breaking point and so close to telling off people.

 

“Wendy, I’m so glad you’re here with your girlfriend!” she hears. “It seems like you really love her huh? For you to bring her here in such a big event, that tells something, right?”

 

She smiles once again and turned, “Yeah, I’m glad too,” and she glances a look at her girlfriend who’s at the other end of the hall being introduced to a lot of people by her mother. “Well, we’re not in a relationship just for fun, so why not bring her, right?” she answers politely, but with a hint of a bite.

And the person heard the bite of the words, so she laughs and shakes her head, “Tough night?”

Wendy sighs and shakes off her shoulders, “Ugh, sorry about that, unnie,” she receives a pat in the back and a laugh.

“Don’t worry about it, kid. But do you mind telling me why the reaction?”

And another audible sigh can be heard from Wendy, “It’s just, everybody keeps asking me if I’m sure about her. They’re all trying to say they’re concern but I know what they’re trying to say is that I should break up with her,” frustration clear in her voice.

“And what do you think is the reason they want you to break up?”

“Because they think she won’t be able to give me the love I deserve,” Wendy grumbles.

“And why do you think they thought like that?”

“Because she’s not very affectionate and clingy,” Wendy pouts while watching her girlfriend being dragged by her mother, yet again, to another group of people to introduce her.

“So, do you think she can give you the love that you deserve?” Wendy hears the question, and before she can formulate an answer in her head, starts to do its work right away.

“Of course, unnie. She loves me very much, that I know.” working faster than her brain, because the question was a no-brainer. It was like 1+1, A B C.

 

It’s a simple question with a simple answer.

 

“You sound so sure,” she hears the answer, but with pure sincerity. So, Wendy just smiles and nod, “Yeah, I am sure.”

She sees Wendy’s soft smile and gaze towards her girlfriend, “Can I ask why you’re so sure?”

At this question, Wendy turns to her unnie and smiles widely.

“I’m sure because even if she’s not clingy, she shows her love in different ways,” Wendy explains.

Her unnie just nods with one eyebrow raised, clearly waiting for her to continue.

 

“Okay okay, so I’ll give you two examples, okay?”

 

 

  1. Sundays

It was a Sunday morning and Wendy decided that she wants to go to the mall with her girlfriend.

“It’s Sunday, Wendy. You know I want to sleep more on Sundays.” Irene grumbles under the duvet, not budging one bit.

 

Irene is an owner of a car company, now expanding to the international scene, making her weeks busier than ever. Wendy is a pilot of a well-known airline company and she always try to make her Sundays off-duty since this is just one of the few days she can spend with family and friends. And of course, her girlfriend.

 

“But unnie, the weather’s great, look!” Wendy tries to entice her by opening up the curtains wide hoping it’ll make Irene lighten up a bit since she loves the sky a lot, only to backfire real quick.

 

“Son Seungwan,” a deep and clearly irritated voice made Wendy close the curtains immediately and cuddled quickly to her on the bed to pacify the incoming rage of her girlfriend, who’s now directly looking at her with dead serious eyes and frown in her brows.

If looks could kill, she would be 3,125 feet deep right now.

 

“Hehe. I love you unnie~” she tries to coo her way out of a possible outburst of her girlfriend’s anger. She tightens her hug and buries her face on Irene’s neck.

And it seems to work since she can feel Irene’s body relax bit by bit, and the next thing she knew, she was being pulled closer by the older one into a hug.

“Come here,” Irene whispers while hugging her properly. Her hand snakes up to Wendy’s head and held it there while caressing her hair.

They stayed like that for a few minutes, just taking in the intimacy and serenity of the moment. While the surroundings are quiet, Wendy’s mind is a different topic.

She’s enjoying the moment, but she’s also trying to come up with a perfect apology for disturbing her girlfriend’s peaceful sleep. She realized that Irene was most probably more tired than her since she’s working non-stop, especially now that their business is expanding. She works even after working hours since all of her investors and prospects are living on a different time zone, making her work even at home. Irene rarely do a full 8 hour sleep.

All she has are power-naps, quick meals and 3-4 hours of sleep a day, if she’s lucky. And the only free-no-work day is Sunday.

And now, Wendy just ruined that just because she wants to go to the mall and walk around. Wow, Wendy. Very considerate.

Wendy breathes in, gathering her thoughts and ready to make things right. I will apologize and own up to it and I’ll be more sensitive than ever when it comes to her state. Now, Wendy, apologize.

“I—“

“What time do you want to go to the mall? Are we buying something?” Irene whispers softly while still caressing her hair gently.

 

“Uh-w-what? No, we’re not buying anything.” She answers quickly, very much confuse.

 

“Oh okay, just give me few more minutes and I’ll go freshen up.” the older one whispers on her head. Wendy, in shock, pulls away with wide eyes while shaking her head.

‘No, unnie! We’re not going anywhere. You should sleep more. We’ll spend our day here, let’s just rest okay? We need that...” Wendy answers, and traces Irene’s face with her fingers.

 

“You, need that, unnie” she adds.

 

And she sees Irene closes her eyes and lean in to her touch. She smiles and shakes her head.

 

“No, Wendy. I don’t need that,” she answers as she holds Wendy’s hands. She opens her eyes and Wendy thinks she’s going to melt on how soft Irene is looking at her right now.

 

“I need you,” Irene adds. She kisses Wendy and hugs her closer than ever, “Now give me five more minutes of this and then we’ll spend Sundays together, however you like.”

 

And that’s how Irene and Wendy spends their Sundays. They sometimes just stay at the comfort of their home, sometimes they go out with family and friends. They sometimes go on a one-day trip, dates, game nights and movie nights.

So if someone asks her if she’s sure that Irene loves her, she’ll say yes because she will give up the only rest day she has, just to spend it all with each other.

They’re tired, yes. But they will never get tired of each other.

  1. Gifts

An expert, that’s what Wendy calls herself when it comes to giving gifts. She says she has a ‘gift’, when it comes to it. Let’s just say she’s gifted.

But she feels that title of hers is losing its claim, especially now that Irene is doing a better job on picking gifts for her.

 

It started on their first anniversary.

 

“Happy anniversary, unnie,” the younger one greeted while handing a blue box to Irene. The older one smiles widely and accepts the gift excitingly. She looks at the wrapping and ribbon of the gift and if someone was there, they would say as if Irene was trying to picture everything in her head to store it in her brain.

After a few moments, Irene seems to “saved” the image of Wendy’s gift wrap in her head, she pulls the ribbon off and opens it carefully.

Irene smiles at her girlfriend’s gift, it was what she wanted. A very expensive vintage watch she saw while they were wandering around during one of their dates.

“I love it, Wendy. Thank you,” she says genuinely. Wendy’s heart feels like running all of the sudden. She tries to calm down and she’s glad that she loved her gift.

“Here you go, Wendy.” Irene says as she hands her a purple box with bunny ribbon ears on it. Wendy takes a picture of it on her phone before opening it.

And oh my, the moment Wendy opened the box, she feels like her heart might explode anytime.

“I… love it,” she whispers as she holds Irene’s gift.

She carefully took out the parker pen from its case, and she can tell it’s a limited edition parker pen. It was a blue fountain pen with gold outlines of a compass and map of the world in its body, its tip is a gold fountain tip with an engraved compass on it and it says 18k gold. It also has coordinates in it and as a pilot and a nerd, Wendy knows what that coordinate stands for.

“It’s beautiful, unnie. I really love it,” Wendy says, at the brink of crying due to the amount of warmth and love she feels from this gift from her girlfriend.

“Happy anniversary, Wendy. I’m glad you loved it,” Irene whispers slowly as she stares at her girlfriend warmly.

“Now I feel bad with my gift. I just gave you a vintage watch,” she pouts while looking sadly at the already-worn vintage watch on her girlfriend’s wrist.

Irene lifts her arm and looks intently at her new favourite watch, “Why??? I love it, especially that you remembered this watch, and it’s from you.” she says lovingly.

“Yeah, but it’s nothing compared to this parker pen. Is it a limited edition? I’m sure I haven’t seen this design before.

“Hmmm… yeah you can say that,” Irene answers cryptically. Wendy looks up and she sees Irene avoiding her gaze, and she has an inkling feeling as to why.

“Unnie, don’t tell me this is a customized parker pen?” Wendy asks as she narrows her eyes at Irene, who just shrugs nonchalantly.

“UNNIE! I THOUGHT WE AGREED TO NOT SPEND TOO MUCH ON GIFTS?!” she exclaims, eyes wide. She cannot believe that Irene spent a lot of idea, effort AND money just for their first anniversary gifts. I don’t even want to ask how much this is.

“Don’t worry, the important thing is you loved it. And don’t you dare lose that, Capt. Son! I expect that to be with you always on all your flights.”

Wendy just lets it go and saluted to her girlfriend accompanied by a wink, “Yes ma’am!” she says as she clicks her tongue and sends Irene a greasy kiss.

Irene just rolls her eyes and smile at her girlfriend’s antics.

 

And ever since their first anniversary, Wendy always try to think of a gift that Irene would love to the point she’ll cry from happiness. But every year, it’s always her who ends up crying from Irene’s gifts.

It’s not that Irene doesn’t love her gifts, it’s just that, Wendy is a cry-baby especially when it comes to Irene.

Every time she receives a gift from Irene, may it be an anniversary gift, birthday gift, congratulatory gift or those occasional surprise-out-of-the-blue gifts, she knows that Irene thinks of her when she chooses her gifts because it screams Wendy.

 

“Happy Birthday, Wendy” the older woman whispers as she pass her the gift she has been dying to give her girlfriend ever since the party started. They’re at her study room, a quick get-away from all of their guests. They can hear the music outside the room and the people laughing and enjoying their time.

Wendy sighs happily, clearly expecting the best gift. She removes the ribbon and unwrapped the gift wrap. It’s a small box, and inside the box is a small blue key with her name engraved on it.

Wendy, loving the gift already, is teary eyed as she showers her girlfriend with kisses.

Irene just laughs and shakes her head, “You don’t even know what that key is for and you’re crying.”

Wendy just shakes her head while pouting, ‘I don’t need to know the context, I love it already.” She answers as she continues to kiss her girlfriend.

“I love you, unnie. Thank you for being in my life,” Wendy says as Irene hugs her tightly.

“Happy Birthday, Wendy. You deserve the best,” she says, and they stayed liked that for a few minutes, not minding the party outside.

 

And then a week after, they’re at the N Seoul Tower having dinner at a private room Irene got for them. They were quietly enjoying the wine as they look out at the city night lights of Seoul. This is where they first met, and the coordinates on Wendy’s parker pen.

“Do you have the key with you?” Irene asks without looking at her. Wendy turns to her, raises her eyebrows and nods. “Yeah, I wore it as a necklace, why?” she asks as she touch the small key on top of her chest. Before Irene can answer, Wendy gasps, eyes wide, as she thinks she now knows what the key is for.

“Is it for the lovelocks? Aren’t we supposed to throw away the key? Why did you give it to me?!” Wendy asks. The lovelocks on Namsan tower are signs of locking your love forever with each other, and they throw the key so the ‘love’ won’t unlock anymore.

So Wendy is clearly confuse and slightly offended as to why Irene would keep the key, and made it as a gift for her birthday. Is she planning to break up with me???

Her mind was about to run a hundred mile per minute but stopped as she heard Irene laugh. She looks at her girlfriend who finds the situation funny somehow. Irene sets aside her wine and shakes her head slightly, with an amused expression while looking at Wendy.

“Calm down, Wendy. I can hear your brain working non-stop already. It’s not for a lovelock.” She says as she grabs another box from under the table.

She sets it on the table and nudge it to Wendy. Wendy just looks at it, clearly more confuse than ever, and grabs the box. As she turns it around, she sees a key hole that looks exactly like the shape of her key.

So she takes off her necklace and unlocks the box using the key Irene gave her.

She hears a click, and she slowly opens the box, only to be met by another small box.

She takes it out, open the box and she immediately cries.

She looks up and she already saw Irene wearing that beautiful smile of hers that is only reserved for her. She grabs the box and holds Wendy’s hands.

“I know I’m not affectionate. I know I’m very hard to read. I’m not the type to be expressive and tell you about what’s on my mind. But I just want you to know that, whatever happens, I cherish and adore you and know that I will always give you what you deserve.” Irene says as she wipes the tears on Wendy’s cheeks.

“You always have the key, you always have the final say. Even now. Whatever your decision is, I will respect it.” She says genuinely.

“So, Capt. Son Seungwan, my Wendy Shon. Will you marry me?”

Overwhelmed, Wendy just nods and throws herself at her girlfriend, now fiancé, and whispers the words ‘yes’ again and again.

“It will always be a yes, Irene. Always a yes.”

And that is how Wendy knows, even though she doesn’t hear the three words, she knows that she loves her.

 

 

“So where’s the ring, then?” she asks Wendy as they stare at Irene talking to yet another relative of theirs. The ring in question is a 14k white diamond square cut sapphire halo ring that would catch the attention of everyone if she ever wears it.

“It’s in my pocket. We haven’t told Mom and Dad yet, so we’re not wearing it for now.” Wendy answers as she watch how her girlfriend, or rather fiancé, looks beautiful even from afar.

“So, am I the first person to know you’re engaged?” Wendy nods and turns to look at her sister, who’s still wearing her white wedding dress.

“Yeah, unnie. What do you feel about it?” she asks, clearly nervous about her sister’s reaction.

Her sister just laughs and squeezed her cheeks, “Son Seungwan, it’s your life. You do whatever you want. And don’t worry, I can tell she loves you, even without your two lengthy examples.” She teases her sister.

“Hey! It’s not lengthy. It’s detailed.” She pouts. “By the way, aren’t you suppose to change? We’re already at your wedding’s reception, unnie. Go change into something more comfortable.” She reminds her unnie while gathering up the trail of her wedding dress.

“Oh finally, that’s why I approached you! You’re my bridesmaid, Wendy. You’re supposed to help me, but all I got was your sappy love story.” Her unnie continues to , and Wendy just pouts clearly embarrassed about forgetting her duties but not from being love-struck with Irene.

“Hehe. Sorry about that, unnie~ let’s get you changed, your majesty!” the younger one says as she assist her sister to the dressing room.

 

 

As they were done changing her clothes, the door opens and their mom went in with her amazing girlfriend in tow. They exchange a quick glance and smile at each other, clearly missing each other’s presence already.

“There you both are! How are my daughters faring tonight, huh?” the matriarch greets them with a hug and kiss in the head. The mother looks at her eldest daughter, clearly proud and happy for her.

“You look beautiful, honey. I’m so proud of you.” she says one more time as she hugs her once again, this time, tighter and longer than ever. As the mother and daughter have their moment, the couple are now standing next to each other, quietly talking to themselves.

“Did you talked to my mom about it?” Wendy asks her girlfriend-fiancé. Both of them are watching the mother-daughter duo gush and cry to themselves.

“Between meeting all your relatives and answering their questions, I think I have all the time to talk about that, yeah?” Irene quips playfully while raising her eyebrows at her cute girlfriend.

"But I believe your sister already knows, yeah?” Wendy just pouts cutely and Irene finds this adorable. She chuckles and kisses Wendy’s forehead. The younger one just smiles at this and hugs her tightly.

“I missed you so much, unnie. I’m sorry about my mom,’ Wendy grumbles on her shoulders, then she lifts her head to look at Irene. “But fair warning tho, it’ll be worst after the news.”

“What news would that be, Captain Son Seungwan?” her mother asks while raising her eyebrows, clearly curious and ready to react on whatever news she’s about to hear. Her sister just covers and steps back, trying to stop from laughing while giving her a look clearly saying “oohh, good luck there sister~”

And just in time, the door opens once again, revealing the Mr. Son and their new in-law, the groom of the hour.

“We just came to check what’s going on here, are you all okay?” Mr. Son asks as he stands beside her wife while the groom stands beside his bride, greeting with a kiss and hug.

The patriarch observes the scene around him, the newly wedded couple clearly happy, at the same time, the bride is clearly trying to stop from laughing at something.

Then he turns to look at his wife who has her eyebrows set up high with a smirk on her lips, hands on her waist clearly inquiring something from their daughter. So he looks in front of him to see his youngest sheepishly smiling with shock wide eyes, clearly caught on something, while her girlfriend, Irene, just stands there clearly poised and calm, an exact opposite from his daughter exterior.

Mr Son just shakes his head while laughing, “Captain, what did you get yourself in to this time?” at this, the bride couldn’t take it anymore and laughs it out while the youngest just pouts and scratches her forehead.

“Yeah, Son Seungwan, what news are you so keen on hiding from me, huh?” Mrs. Son asks while narrowing her eyes at her youngest. Wendy, scared and dumbfounded, shakes her head and hands. Her mother thought she wants to hide something from her which is the exact opposite of what she wants. “Omma, t-that’s not true! I-it’s, I, j-jus—“

Irene calmly holds her hand, gripping it firmly. Then she uses her other hand to reach in to her the secret pocket of her girlfriend's dress to take something. All of the people in the room just look at Irene’s moves, clearly curious about it.

Irene feels it in her hand, and she takes it out from Wendy’s pocket and makes a fist, hiding it.

Irene just smiles at Wendy who’s looking at her, clearly shock. She sends her girlfriend a smile one more time and turns back to her girlfriend’s treasure.

“It’s perfect timing to have every person Wendy treasures are here in this room.” she says as she looks at each of them. Then she turns to the bride, asking for approval since this is her day. The bride just smiles widely and gives her a thumbs up.

Irene nods at this and turns back to the two people who made the person she’s holding right now.

“Mr and Mrs Son, we have been looking for the perfect moment to tell you this news, and I guess this is the universe, giving us that moment.” She starts, and then she raises Wendy’s left hand and opens her other hand, where a white diamond with a blue big sapphire at the center lies.

All the people in the room gasps, surprise from the turn of events. Irene looks at her girlfriend as she puts the engagement ring on her ring finger. Wendy gets teary eyed from all of it and from how Irene looks at her full of love and adoration.

“Me and Wendy are now engaged and plans to spend the rest of our lives together,” Irene says as she looks straight to her eyes, sure and determined. Then Irene turns back to her parents while Wendy is stuck looking at her fiancé.

“I hope you accept me as your daughter’s partner, and I won’t promise you anything. I’ll just show you.” Irene finishes, waiting for a response from her fiance’s family.

She’s worried that Wendy’s family don’t like her and just tolerates her because of Wendy, but all of that thought went away when Mrs Son throws them a big hug while crying her eyes out.

“oh my gosh! This is the greatest news! Welcome to the family, Irene dear.” The mother gushes out as she gives Irene a big tight hug and kisses her head lovingly.

Then the matriarch hugs her daughter next, clearly happy for her youngest. She hugs her tighter and whispers something that Irene can’t hear because the patriarch hugs her and lifts her around while shouting out his happiness. The groom joins in and jumps around with them cheering for Irene.

Mrs Son, Wendy and Seunghee laughs at the scene unfolding in front of them. “Okay okay, that’s enough, put my fiancé down before she injures herself.”

All of the three stops spinning and just smiles. “Welcome to the family, Irene. I’m glad it’s you who’s gonna put up with this dork daughter of mine. Warning, it’s going to get worse, trust me I know. I’m a dork.” Mr. Son jokes while giving Irene a big warm hug.

Now I know where Wendy got the warm hug and character of hers.

“Always keep her, Irene.” a simple statement whispered to her and she hears the weight of it. She hears the unsaid reminders, warnings and promises to be with her always.

“Yes, sir. Always,”

After their hug, Mr Son walks towards her youngest daughter and gives her a tight warm hug.

“Seungwan, she’s the one.” And Wendy just tightens the hug while nodding.

 

“Yes, dad. She is.”

 

“Okaaay, wrap it up. We still have an event to celebrate. The guests are waiting, let’s go!” Mrs. Son says as she wipes her tears and pat the backs of her family, ushering them out of the room.

While they are going out of the room, Seunghee walks beside Irene and squeezes her shoulder, “I know you’ll take care of her. I just want to say, just be you. That will matter the most to my sister. You don’t need to change to be part of this family. Because you already are family.”  Irene just looks to her with gratefulness.

“Thank you, Seunghee.” She says, and the bride feels the sincerity of it,

So they just nod at each other and proceeds to walk with their family.

Her family, My family.

--

All of the guests are enjoying the party, the DJ’s playing a chill song and everybody’s just enjoying the atmosphere.

 

Then a clink of a glass can be heard, and the volume of the music turns down to accommodate the bride of the hour.

“Good evening everyone, thank you for coming here to celebrate our union today.” The bride starts as she looks at their guests.

“First of all, of course thank you to my in-laws. If it wasn’t for them, I wouldn’t be marrying this great of a guy right here.” and everybody cheers for them, especially when the groom suddenly flexes his non-existent big muscles. They just laugh at this and the bride continues her speech happily.

“But this speech isn’t for my husband, because I already signed up for forever to talk about him in a good light,” she jokes, teasing her husband. Everybody laughs at this, especially their close friends and family.

“I just want to use this opportunity to congratulate my little baby sister,” she says as she lifts up her wine glass pointing at the direction of Wendy, who’s in mid-air cuddling Irene.

“Because my sister just told us that she just got engaged with her wonderful fiancé, Irene,” she proudly announces. And Wendy is shock and worried that Irene might get uncomfortable because her sister just announced it without Irene’s consent.

And Irene knows what’s running on Wendy’s mind because she just grabs her to cuddle with her while caressing her hair, “Don’t worry, she asked me earlier if she can say it and I said yes.” Irene whispers, not caring about the people around them who are clearly looking at them.

“This is the best day ever because my sister just got engaged with the love of her life and will be married soon, giving speeches like this in the near future. Best day ever!” She says, proudly, “and of course, because I got married to my husband, obviously,” she continues to joke and who just laughs and holds his chest acting as if he’s heartbroken.

“But kidding aside, cheers to this union of ours, and to Wendy and Irene’s engagement, and to all the relationships that are being joined together because of love. Cheers!” and everybody lifts their glasses and cheers for all of it.

Loud shouts of Congratulations from their relatives, friends and family can be heard. Irene bows her head to them, thanking them while Wendy’s just there, soaking up all of Irene’s presence.

“You’re Like Water,” Irene suddenly says to her fiancé, who clearly is curious about it.

“Me? Water? Why? Is it because you’re thirsty for me?” Wendy asks, clearly teasing the older one.

“Yah! What?” she protests while bowing to the people who are still passing their congratulatory greetings.

“Then why like water?” Irene stops greeting people, to fully concentrate on whatever she’s about to say.

“Did you know that 50-65% of human bodies are made up of water?” she throws a fact suddenly and Wendy just nods, trying to follow her fiancé’s train of thoughts.

“So, you’re Like Water. You’re an essential part of my life. You make up most of my time, plans and dreams.

I always need you in my life. I always want you, Wendy Shon. Son Seungwan.

You are and always will be a constant in my life.

Just like water.”

 

Irene explains and Wendy would cry right then and there if it wasn’t for all the people that are still congratulating her parents for their engagement.

“Is that your way of saying 'I love you'?” she asks, trying not to cry while hugging Irene tightly, looking straight in to her eyes.

Irene just smiles and fixes her fringe and neatly tucks the hair in her ears, “Yes, and I may not say it, but I do.

 

I always love you, Wendy.”

 

And that’s another proof of Wendy’s. She knows Irene loves her because she just does.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--

Irene is on a business trip and Wendy has a sudden flight scheduled

Because the original pilot took an emergency leave because his wife is in labor, so she’s sitting in for her colleague. And Wendy clearly doesn’t want to go since the flight back and forth will overlap with Irene’s birthday, but when duty calls, she needs to go. So, she’ll do the first flight but she asked the airlines to find another pilot to take the plane back, and she’ll take an early flight back home so she can make it in time for Irene’s birthday.

 

And so, she readies a meal for Irene and puts it inside the refrigerator, with a sticky note in it. As a matter a fact, she left a bunch of sticky notes inside their apartment with a bunch of instructions and short messages.

After checking everything, the meal, notes, and record player, she enters their room and puts down her birthday gift for her fiancé right at the middle of their bed.

When she felt satisfied about her placement of notes and gifts, she grabs her leather flight bag, a gift from her fiancé. She checks her things inside the bag and looks for the missing item.

She walks towards their side table and there she saw the customized parker pen she used on writing all the notes, she puts it in her pocket and looks at her engagement ring in her finger.

 

I hope this time, I’ll give you the best gift. I’ll try to beat you this year, unnie.

She thinks to herself and shakes her head, and plans her next flight.

 

She turns off all the lights, lock the door and drives out of their building, to go to another flight away from her fiancé.

 

And inside their apartment, inside the dark confinements of their room. In the middle of the bed where they spent a lot of moments, intimate, happy and sad moments together. There lies, a bouquet of purple tulips, Irene’s favourite color and flower. And right beside it lies another gift of hers.

If Irene finds it, she will find a small box with a note beside it.

And if she opens it, she will see a cushion cut amethyst diamond halo ring.

And if she reads the note beside it, Irene will see the words she has written.

 

“Hi Ms. Bae, or Mrs. Son? Which one do you prefer? Doesn’t matter because we’ll be each other’s soon. Sorry to give this to you this way, I had an emergency flight, but I promise, by the time you see this, you already saw me in flesh, alive and kicking ;)

I love you the most, Irene Bae. The day we announced to my family our engagement, my dad said that you’re the one. And my mom also told me something.

“Don’t leave her, Seungwan. You’re meant for each other.”

But here I am, took a flight away from you, but no worries, I’ll always fly back to you. uwu.

I love you the most, Irene Bae. I hope you take this ring and flaunt it to all of the people who keeps bothering you. You’re mine now buahaha! ^3^

I love you the most, Irene Bae. I’ll keep telling you that, in papers and in words.

I love you the most, Irene Bae. Can’t wait to get married to you.

Happy Birthday, my beautiful flower unnie. My amethyst.

I love you the most.