fin.

new year.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Giselle sighs.

 

She could hear everyone else at the venue chattering with each other, loud music booming into the night and could feel the cold breeze hitting her skin.

 

It's Winter's birthday party but since her birthday was exactly on the day where they welcome the New Year, they decided to hold a small party to celebrate the arrival of the new year as well.

 

She glances at Winter and Ningning, who seemed to be watching some sort of show on the maknae's huge iPad. She then glances at the staff, who were chatting with each other excitedly, drinking some alcoholic beverages together. Then she glances at her, the woman's head buried in her arms and Giselle was unsure whether the girl was asleep or was awake. She glances back at the dark sky, sighing.

 

Life as an idol was hard, even more so if you were a member of a group that just debuted a month ago. It's hard if everyone's eyes are on you because you're the most anticipated rookie group as of now. Six whole years since SM Entertainment debuted their last girl group and four years since they debuted their latest group, of course the public's attention would be on them.

 

She sighs again. It might already have been a month since they debuted but that doesn't mean that they should start being more carefree regarding their lives as idols. They were still rookies, after all. They get hate daily but the members are thankful to their MYs, who are always there to support and love them. The thought of their dedicated fans brought a warm, fuzzy feeling in Giselle's chest and she unconsciously smiles.

 

"Yah, Ning Yizhuo, what are you drinking?" Giselle hears Winter ask Ningning.

 

"It's just apple juice, unnie," deadpanned Ningning, grumbling. "Weren't you the one who packed this drink for me so that I won't go around drinking alcoholic drinks because apparently, I'm not an adult yet?"

 

"Yes, Ning-ah. And am I wrong? You're still young!"

 

"You act as if you're way older than me!"

 

"I'm turning 21 in a few minutes, ha!"

 

Giselle tunes their conversation out, drinking more vodka from her glass. She grimaces at the taste. She might have drank a fair share of alcoholic drinks back when she was still a teen but that doesn't mean that she likes drinking these cursed drinks. Though her alcohol tolerance is actually pretty high.

 

Unlike a certain lady who was at the same place.

 

Giselle glances at the said lady, who's sitting by the corner, head hung with her empty glass looking like it's going to fall off any moment now. Giselle takes one last glance at Karina, heart beating loudly in her chest before looking away, gazing at the night sky.

 

--

 

Karina's drunk. What was she thinking? She thought that she would be able to handle it if she just drank two glasses of the beverage given to her. Turns out that she was wrong.

 

Her head is pounding so bad and the deafening music booming from the large speakers that staff set up for their small party isn't helping either. Karina moves to stand up, almost tripping in the process.

 

'Water.'

 

Arriving at the table, she huffs tiredly. Who knew that something as simple as getting up to get some water would be very tiring. She was either just lazy or did not have the energy to. Wait, isn't that basically the same thing?

 

She shakes her head to clear her mind but this did not seem to help at all. If anything, it made her head pound even worse.

 

Karina begins walking towards a certain someone who was standing by the railings, drinking from her glass. She would've joked about her drinking from her chalice but she isn't quite in the mood for that. She wobbles as she walks, bumping into some of their staff in the process and she apologizes to them.

 

She stops a meter away from Giselle. Even through her drunken state, she could see how beautiful Giselle is. Or maybe that's her love for the brunette talking.

 

"Aeri-ah."

 

--

 

"Aeri-ah."

 

Giselle feels her heart thump when she hears a familiar voice calling her name. She feels arms wrapping around her waist and she almost drops her glass of pink vodka in the process.

 

"Aeri-ah." She hears Karina repeat her name. She turns and Karina buried her head into Giselle's neck. Giselle prays that Karina doesn't hear her heart thumping loudly in her chest. But did she even have to when Karina knew about this trait about her?

 

"Aeri-ah." Karina repeats again. Giselle's free hand strays to Karina's back when she notices that the other girl is swaying off drunkenly.

 

"Jimin-ah, you're drunk," said Giselle, hand gently Karina's back, who grumbles.

 

"I don't care. God, I want to sleep or something. Or go home and roll around in bed and sleep in without having to worry about waking up early if it weren't for the fact that we have our darned schedules again."

 

Giselle raises an eyebrow. "Did you drink too much? How many glasses did you even have?"

 

"Two, I think. Or three. I thought that it would be fine. But maybe I overestimated myself. Or underestimated. Ack, forget it, was I even making sense at all?"

 

"Ah, you should be careful next time or something. I thought that we both knew who among the two of us had the higher tolerance for alcoholic beverages."

 

Karina doesn't reply, opting to bury her face deeper into Giselle's neck, pulling the other girl closer to her.

 

"Jiminie, our staff-unnies and staff-oppas are in the same place as we are," muttered Giselle, patting Karina's back.

 

"You smell really good, Aeri-ah," mumbled Karina, nuzzling her nose against Giselle's neck, who sighs at Karina's action. Do you hear my heart beating loudly for you, Jimin-ah?

 

She pushes her bangs out of her face, staring back at the night sky and she subtly takes her phone from the table nearby, checking the time.

 

A few more minutes till the New Year, huh?

 

"Aeri-ya," Karina drawled out, suddenly giggling uncontrollably for no apparent reason.

 

"Hm?"

 

"Yah, Aeri-ah… I think you're… fart."

 

Giselle choked on air at the last word. Thinking that she misheard her - though she was really close to Karina that she could hear the other woman's soft breathing - she asks again. 

 

"A fart, Aeri-ah. Shh," Karina tried to silence Giselle when she saw that the brunette was going to open to speak. "I have a really cool line that'll make you fall even harder for me."

 

Giselle tries to appease the loud beating in her chest

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter