Chapter 2

Unshed astrifer

Chapter 2: Closer look to the equator

 
 

"What really happened?" Winter asked Wendy, her real friend that will glaring to Johnny for the rest of the time and she knows Wendy will do it for real, "Why like you want to punch him? That's not you, Wendy." She was there consoling a person that wanting to unleash her dark aura. "Please stay and breathe a fresh air on the kitchen or the living room with them. I have a gift from you. I know it's silly but it's from Mina who gave it to me." The time when Winter said the lucky name for Wendy she became her usual self.

 

Winter walk away to her and look straight on the can of cola laying around beside the coffee table. She likely to give it to her than drink a cola that wasn't cold to her likeness. The time she handed it to Wendy was the best decision she make tonight.

 

Wendy hold the can of cola like a dear friend, "That Johnny is too much and a half of pea brain. Did he knew or his like that for Karina's entertainment?" She frowned and looked at Wendy like she was going crazy. "Don't put a face like that to me. When I knew you'd want to do that too for Johnny. You're so dense." She nurture her cola like it's Mina and gave a hand salute to Winter's situation.

 

Winter really understand her. What is it for her when she was there to Karina's life is a friend only. She thought it was better than to label as the other one, she can't beat for Karina. Because that's not her purpose for her friend.

 

"So...you know that I'm a wingwoman for everyone that crushing Karina or a prospective to be with her." Winter feel better to see a freaking Wendy, she literally took a whole new level and gave a growl of annoyance. "Trust me that Johnny isn't into me. He taken a picture of Karina than me. His like an older brother too. No questions for whatsoever. It is no make sense at all." Wendy wondering when the common sense go off for Winter. She loves this side of her, not this time when there's a barrier again, nevertheless it is a stage to mask a real Winter again. "I'm done to your logical reasoning Wendy." Winter waving her two hands like it's a penguin flapping. "I'm going with you this time before the semestral break is over." She is nowhere to know that her vocal chords strained during how it was too low to hear. 

 

But Wendy catch the whole thing because she can. That's the talent she got when she babysit a young Winter. Somehow it helps her to go through to someone few walls and knocked out a few bricks in it. Wendy wonder when will she see Miba again not because he was there for a reason.

 

For sure Winter can saw it in her eyes who was it, she used that to Miba, a good man but has a trouble childhood Wendy talked about when she missed him. Anything for Mina, Winter did without hesitation to comply to her cousin request, and that's why she is rooting for Wendy and not Jennie. She maybe need to wish it to the shooting star and pray too. So she gave a quick hug to Wendy and caressed her both cheeks that she knew it's her cousin signature just for Wendy. How it is impossible for her when Mina open up to her the life she was there with Wendy who the two of them are like pb&j. They don't know that they're spilling tea for one person and that was her.

 

Wendy hope it was someone who did that to her, "You're too good to be true Winter. Just like Mina who make sure I'm okay whenever she have a time. Can you tell me if Mina is... Can you?" She choked to named him to Winter, the memories is still fresh even it was like few years ago, "If Mina is that person?" She can't understand when or how it happened and clicked that Mina is Miba for Wendy.

 

Winter wants to play a wingwoman to her cousin too. Sometimes like this time she wanted to tell the truth to Wendy. But then again, she can't because of a responsibility she can't bestow and better for one thing she understood when it comes to this was a silenced.

 

Wendy saw the glint of poker face from Winter. A sign that she isn't getting a chance to know her agenda for the night why she was here. Celebrating an occasion that was like a routine to her. She tried to gave a smile to Winter, "Forget that thing. I know Miba was just a passer-by in my life. I'm going back again because I have to pack some necessities. I'll text the details within tomorrow about the medical mission." Winter pat her head this time slowly as it seem to show sympathy to her friend.

 

Wendy finished it without giving a meaning of why she act like that to Winter. "Don't forget that we know you're like trying to make a way to Karina's life as a matchmaker. I'm sure that's because you're not going to acknowledge it." She heard a clapped from Winter, "I know what I'm doing and yours too." And she confirmed her theory for Winter. Likewise she is in the same shoe like Winter who gained a lot of understanding to decide a difficult problem. "Please be careful what you wish for, Winter." She stared to her friend and ended the conversation to a word of goodbye.

 

But what Winter saw was a person breaking apart like her. "Don't worry about me. I'll be fine. I appreciated it, Wendy. See you next time." She in that moment wanted to know if Wendy was looking for Mina to asked Miba or to confirm that they're the same. 

 

I am in thoughts again and again why its so hard to have a friend to just accept who you are. I am so afraid to open-up to them or one of them tell me I was wrong. I got up and walk for approximately few meters to saw thoroughly the sky. The lovely sky with a pinkness and citrus hue and it blended well in the midnight sky.

 

Before she can go back to the party, a text came in, as if cold water had been pour, the message that gave her a decision to make and wasn't prepared to the news she read. 

 

She shouted Wendy's name, like her own life dependent on it, there she is unlocking her sedan, "Can you drive me to this area? I need to know if she is okay." Wendy conclude there's something happened on one friend she befriended on a medical mission with her.

 

The fireworks display comes to end. The time wasn't New Year and the way it was all of the people around on their home received a gift. A jolt of noise came back, they were able to know someone lit up a firework.

 

Wendy accompany Winter to her car and slid down to driver seat while Winter goes beside her, "But, what about explaining first to Karina and then I'll send to you there?" Wendy said to her in much more calmer and ignite her car's engine. "Your friend can understand if you're late. I'll wait you here." She pressed to Winter who was frantic to call a particular number.

 

The time she recalled the specific question awhile ago from Mina came to flash in her mind. A warning signal that she can't control but to crash in a speed of light and it is the emotions Winter have this midnight.

 

She shook her head to Wendy, "Karina has her family. But her, my friend has only me right now. Please Wendy after this you can lecture me." As if to say she had already decided on it. She predict this kind of situation so her next word is, "Can you?" Winter feel like she was floating in the air trying to swim her way out on this debate.

 

She tap her phone and move the device to Winter, "I texted on the group chat why we ditch them. You can read it." Wendy assured her and drive way out.

 

Wendy and Winter goes to the both of their destination. A moment of truth couldn't find in the palm of their hands. One is to reconnecting to her past life that wasn't given to her. The other is residing to continue for a new beginning that she is going for.

 

It's not spontaneous when she see a familiar young man on her friend's house. She needs to do it. Because that was her answer to Wendy's remark.

 

Like the other side of Winter that Mina has and expert to it.

 

Escape from unfamiliar.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After months have passed from the New Year.

 

"Hi!" She heard enough it's Karina. "Who are you with on your vacation?" She was there talking to me. I made a way for her to ask me a different question about what I didn't know she would ask today.

 

Karina see Winter clutching her stomach, "Are you okay? Do you have stomach ache? I have a water and biscuit. We can drop by at canteen first before we-" Karina stopped on her rambling when there's two hands in mid air from Winter.

 

May I remind in my mind or perhaps my brain that little information will not harm you fully. This wasn't me and I am not unorganized persona. But why the earth collide on the stars and have this impossible to be possible.

 

"I'm really fine. I just had to do it before burping but I didn't. Sorry about that and the other one is you thought I jinx you when I slept on your message. I celebrate my birthday and goodbye party of Wendy last week. Also there were no signal on that place and I visit my cousin too. It's the reason why I am here in your house in the morning after I get back." Winter tilted her head to Karina who is trying to understand what happened. 

 

I heave a sigh, shrug my shoulders with two hands up in my chest area. "I'm not sick. I'm just wanted to say don't worry about me. I am right here now." I assured to Karina even I confirmed where was I on those months.

 

Karina couldn't distinguish why Winter was like avoiding her eyes. "Winter who are you with again?" Before she can interrogate her best friend she is interrupt by a newcomer.

 

A muscular hand touch Winter shoulder lightly that startled her. The guy felt like they were in grade school. But Karina afterwards relax when she saw who is it. She put a distance from him, the way Winter wanted too, but unable to find herself to enjoy this reunion. 

 

The guy shyly smile to Karina, "Hello, I'm Minkyu!" He introduce himself to unbother Winter. 

 

Winter saw that oncoming gesture from him. "Are you like that because there's a good news?" I implored to her and switch to him. "For real, Minkyu. Are you studying too in the same university?" She saw Karina eyes slint on a fraction of time when a new hand goes to her right shoulder.

 

Winter feel like a third wheel. Her handgrip tighter on her bag strap like it meant to be there to help her. The discomfort she have to listen during to endure a public display affection in behalf of Minkyu to oblivious Karina.

 

She thought what if it is her who did it to Karina. Is she going to giggle to her too? And if she will give a slap on her arm too like she was to Minkyu. Caressed it afterwards because she is too sorry for what she did to him that Karina can't find that it was an act all along. Who would've thought that Minkyu who can pass as a man can be immature to Karina, their childhood friend.

 

So she just focused on the phone, twirling it like a magnificent art, and something on her phone save her in this awkward moment. It's an indication that her friend was here near on the few blocks in this vicinity.

 

The two of them look on her way, "Sorry but I need to go somewhere else." Embarrassed to say at least to know that Winter voice laced a sarcasm that Karina need to defend herself to her. But caught up because of how Winter is to them, "You can text me about catching up though." Winter gulped and sport a genuine smile to emphasize she is happy for the both of them.

 

Minkyu stop her before she goes, "You can join us in our group date today after class. Also, if you can come with others. I will message the details to you." Winter list a few things to not disturb them and this is one of it. Not to display any dissatisfaction from her face when Minkyu gave earlier a lame attempt pick-up line for Karina.

 

Winter returned a smile to them twice that surprised her friends. It was record breaking on how reserved Winter is even to Karina who literal her friend since their five years old. In fact, she is not like this because she only smiles when funny thats what Karina put it that way.

 

Winter doesn't let them to quipped another time on her. Not now when she feel a dagger staring on her head and it was from one and only Karina.

 

Karina put a smile to her bestfriend that she doesn't know who is real Winter anymore, "You okay, right?" And she missed out the way her friend given a look to her, the face that too fast to comprehend, before Winter gave a nod to her.

 

Winter left them. Her friend gave her a goodbye, Minkyu there continue the interruption that she did to him. Karina saw the silhouette of Winter and was still responding to him while her mind fly.

 

Because for Karina, Winter is made of stone that she doesn't want the new character display on her childhood friend. Like the new Minkyu who gave her unnecessary things these past few months. The items and so forth that looks like a suitor for her and she miss the Minkyu who was there like a friend to her. 

 

Winter imagine herself being Minkyu during that very moment that she is too much for being a good friend for Karina. 

----

 

Kindly read the other stories that is from the series too. The stories are: What is it? and There's something about love.

 

Hi!!! 👏😉

 

🤗

 

I posted this chapter 2 in not way I wanted to be. But I don't forget my promise to you you. I'll update the future chapters more than that.