Nothing New

Wildest Dreams

 

Siyeon wakes up to soft music and the sun directly in her eyes, she stretches from her laying position in the passenger's seat as she looks over to her best friend. Minji is driving through the Trees while softly humming to the song playing on the radio. Minji's singing has always calmed Siyeon down despite all the chaos that would surround her every second of every hour. This isn't very surprising though as Minji is very calm herself. Through all the moving around from place to place, Minji has always been Siyeons Anchor, she is very thankful that she can always rely on the girl driving.

“You're awake?” Minji asks while looking over slightly.

“Yeah….” Siyeon replies, not in the mood for talking. 

Getting the clue, Minji goes back to focusing on driving and humming to the beat ringing throughout the car. Siyeon focuses on all the green that she sees passing by. She doesn't know when they got so close to their destination, but she knows that she's glad that they did. She puts the window down and enjoys the fresh breeze created by the fast-moving car. It's an old red convertible that Minji's parents got her before the accident that breaks down every few months, but it gets them from place to place, which is all they need, to be honest. 

She looks back at the big RV holding the girls’ motorcycles and other things and thinks to herself how they even got here in the first place. It isn't the happiest story, but it did make the girls stronger. She looks ahead and takes in the fresh scent of the forest surrounding them, it's a big change from all the cities they've been through but it calms her, reminds her of what could've been. She sees the big welcome sign and relief fills her body, sleeping in a car isn't the best feeling in the world.

“And I never saw you coming, And I'll never be the same.” Siyeons thoughts get interrupted by Minji's singing. 

Siyeon chuckles to herself. Minji has always been a hopeless romantic despite the denying she does. If they weren't always moving, Siyeon wouldn't be surprised if the girl would have been in a committed relationship by their young age of 18. 

‘Welcome To the Town Of Felicity.’

“See, felicity.” Her best friend says while smiling enthusiastically.

“And what does that mean, exactly?” Siyeon replies as she turns her head to the slightly older girl. 

“It means a state of happiness. Must be a sign, right?” 

“I guess…” Siyeon groans.  

Felicity, huh? Siyeon looks out the window again as she plays with the hem of her white hoodie. She doubts that this small town will be any different than all the other places they have stayed. Days, weeks, or months, nothing changed for them. She sighs deeply as she shuts her eyes ready to space out until they get to their cabin. How could anything here manage to bring her joy?

After about 30 minutes they pull up to a cabin surrounded by trees and bushes. It's very different from the regular studio apartments the two chose to usually stay at. As Siyeon steps out of the run-down car she takes it all in at once. Outside of the cabin, there's a fire pit and wooden lounge chairs, she wonders if they will ever have time to use it. Next to the cabin, there's a small garage with a red roof just big enough for the car and the two motorcycles, The RV will have to stay outside. Above the door, there's a window in the shape of a sun, and in the gallery, there are turquoise couches. Tacky. 

“It's not much, but at least we have our own rooms this time.”  Minji says as she stands next to the girl.

Siyeon does not reply and only walks towards the front door. Minji can tell that the girl just wants to get this over with already. They step into their new home and it's beautiful. Everything is coordinated to work together perfectly. The couches and loveseat are the same dark leather, the crydensia holds all the necessities, candles, random picture frames, and key holder, there's a big hand-woven carpet on the wood floor under the coffee table, the TV stand is the same wood as the walls and looks great with the TV sitting above it. Finally, the soft yellow lighting makes everything come together in harmony.

The two girls stare at everything in awe. This small town might be the most miserable place the two have ever been, but Siyeon thinks that she could get used to the cabin, at least for a little while. Minji looked at the girl and at the time on the cable box and realized that Siyeon must be tired, Minji only drove the last hour of the trip, including breaks. 

“Go to sleep. I'll put our bags in the living room and the motorcycles in the garage.” Minji tries to sound comforting to the girl. 

“Are you sure?” Siyeon replies, hoping the girl will say yes.

“Yeah, of course. We have school at 8 and our bookbags are already packed. Just make sure to set an alarm.” Minji said back.

“Alright, thanks JI.”

Siyeon slowly heads up the stairs already with sleep on her mind. She gets to the second floor and turns to the room on the right side. If this room was meant for Minji they could just fight for it tomorrow. The room was fairly big and could easily fit both Minji and Siyeons stuff. The bed was full size with red sheets to fit the cabin aesthetic that both Minji and Siyeon loved. It has four pillows, two on each side, just like Siyeon liked it. Next to the bed was a wooden desk with a small lamp and a small notebook, Siyeon looked closely and saw it said ‘Directory’. How could a whole town have a directory? Across from the bed are two drawers, one would be enough for her stuff. Shedding herself from her hoodie and boots, Siyeon throws herself onto the large bed. It has been the longest since she has been in a bed this big 

She looks up at the ceiling with a sigh, thinking of her current situation. Don't get her wrong, moving from place to place is her favorite thing to do. Getting tired of one place is her worst habit, but it gives her the freedom that she needs in life. Being tied down is Siyeons worst nightmare, whether it be a relationship or a town. After all, nothing is forever, she had to learn that the hard way. After everything one thing that she can count on is herself… and Minji, she could always count on Minji. 

Covering herself with the red wool blanket she reaches over to the desk and turns off the lamp. Minji is right, they need to wake up early for school and eyebags are not the latest fashion, believe it or not. She closes her eyes and puts her late-night thoughts to rest, she could sulk over herself when she has to deal with all the idiots at her new school. This is nothing to worry about. This is nothing new.