Picking Up Her Friend

A Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NOTE: In this au, Solar has not released Spit It Out yet.

 

 

“Yongsun-ah,” the choreographer pats her back. “You should rest. Your solo debut is coming soon and I know you feel like practicing is the only thing that’ll keep you sane but rest is also essential.”

 

 

Yongsun smiles at her teacher and nods her head. “Just 2 more sets and I’ll go home.

 

 

The choreographer sighed. She shakes her head before confirming that Yongsun will practice the choreography twice and go home after. When she get Yongsun’s affirmation, she urges the other dancers to go and they leave Yongun to practice alone.

 

 

Let’s go twice more and that’s it. Yongsun tells herself as she looks at her reflection. She’s covered in sweat even though the airconditioner in the practice room is at its coolest, and she’s only wearing sports bra and tights. Yongsun redoes her hair to make it tighter and played the guide version of her solo ‘Spit it Out’ to practice the choreo.

 

 

Twice more…

 

 

 

 

Four repetitions later, Yongsun stops the song and slumps on a chair, catching her breath. Yeah, I’m not myself if I don’t do it until I’m satisfied. She thought to herself. She looks at her phone to check the time and sees that it was already 2:41 in the morning, and there were several notifications; a message from the choreo asking her if she was already home, Wheein asking how her preparations were going, and Hyejin with a simple ‘I miss you, unnie. Good luck’. Byulyi on the other hand sent her several messages.

 

 

Are you still in the company

Why aren’t you replying

The choreographer asked me to drag you out of the practice room

A new message arrived just before Yongsun could type a reply.

I’m leaving the house. You better have your things packed when I arrive.

 

 

 

Yongsun rolled her eyes. This brat has no respect to me as an older member. Still, Yongsun starts packing her things after drying herself. She also puts on a shirt and jacket then goes outside to wait in the lounge.

 

 

Only a handful of people are left in the building by this time; the trainees who were told that they were going to debut soon, and some of the members of her team who are racking their brain about the different merchandises she wanted to release along with her debut. She checks her phone and figures Byulyi wouldn’t arrive for half an hour max.

 

 

Should I nap? Yongsun lied down on the couch in the lounge and makes herself comfortable. Byulyi would wake me up when she sees me. Let me close my eyes for a moment…

 

 

“Excuse me?” a voice makes Yongsun open her eyes even before she had the chance to nap. A girl was standing above her, looking uncomfortably. “Can you tell me if I am in the right lounge?” the person shows a piece of post it in her hand which has a carelessly written ‘rbw lounge with green couches’ on it.

 

 

“I guess you are.” Yongsun replies quietly, looking at the green couches around her.

 

 

The girl smiles shyly. “May I sit with you?”

 

 

Ah, I’d like it if she sat elsewhere… there’s a lot of free space. But Yongsun still sits up and tries to make accommodating gestures at her uninvited guest. “Sure.”

 

 

The girl had the decency to maintain some distance

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter