Chapter 1

Crazy People
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun's head bobbed up and down as he dozed off during his shift.

"Excuse me..." he heard the voice calling for him, but he really could not care less as he munched on the spare ribs in his dreamland.

"Hello, excuse me..."

Ugh, so annoying, just go away already.

The next thing he knew, he felt as if the whole world was struck by a tsunami. Aunt Bongseon smacked him upside his head with a coupon magazine.

"Oww!!!"

"Yah! Wake up! Stop sleeping at work!" she yelled at him one minute, and the next she was smiling sweetly at the customer after totaling his items.

Barely gathered his wits from the sudden awakening, Sehun mumbled a sleepy thank you at the customer. The customer shook his head, commented how youth these days would ruin the country and left.

"Please come again!" Sehun shouted when Aunt Bongseon smacked him one more time.

"Oww! Ahjumma!" Sehun wailed in pain and rubbed the spot at the back of his head that got hit. "If you keep hitting my head, I might just really injure my head and then you won't be able to wake me up anymore."

That earned him another smack.

"Oww!"

"Auuhh..." Aunt Bongseon moved her hand in a fashion to smack him again, and Sehun ducked quickly by reflex. "You good-for-nothing. Like father, like son... You should be grateful you even have a job!"

Aunt Bongseon was an old friend of his father. When his father was running away from creditors and he had nowhere to go, Aunt Bongseon was nice enough to take him in. Before he knew it, it had already been fifteen years.

The Doksa gang–also known as the poisonous snake, as expected were able to track his father down eventually but by then his father was already in jail, Sehun had no choice but to be one of their lackeys doing all sort of grunt work - but never anything to do with hurting people. In the daytime, he worked at Aunt Bongseon’s minimart to make ends meet, and at nighttime, he worked for the gang to pay off his father’s debt.

“Anyways, I need to go visit the fortune teller now. Apparently, the dog year crashed with the heavenly master this year, better go and help you change your fortune,” Aunt Bongseon packed up some bags of candies and took a couple of 10,000 won bills from the register. “You better stay here until Lisa starts her shift.”

“As if my fortune could get any better,” Sehun grumbled which made him received another smack in the head.

“Ahjumma!”

“Hush, I’m going now. Be good!”

Sehun watched the plump lady trotted out, the doorbell chimed as the glass door closed. He just didn’t want her to waste her money on something useless–what with delivery services and hypermarts popping up with better deals these days. Small businesses like Aunt Bongseon’s could not stand a chance against the competition with this narrow neighborhood reach. He gave the gang members some credits though, they were at least one big contributor to keeping this minimart alive. This neighborhood, as shady as it was, was at the fringe of the upscale Cheongdam area and a hot spot for those elite top 1% of the country to dropped by to splurge on entertainment and cheat on their wives. And goes without saying, oftentimes Sehun had to deal with the escorts, part of the gang’s services, which showed him how disgusting the clients were. Sometimes he wished he could teach them a lesson for cheating on their partner

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter