mornings with the kims

this much fluff
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina was busy cooking when she felt arms encircle her waist and weight on her left shoulder as someone rested their head on it. 

 

She heard Dahyun murmur on her shoulder, "Good morning, love." Mina returned the greeting. She beamed and turned to face Dahyun, then kissed the Korean on the lips.

 

“That smells lovely.” Dahyun took a whiff of the aroma of the Korean pancake her wife was cooking, “Yeah? Want a taste?” 

 

“Can I?” Dahyun asked back. “No.” Mina chuckled as she snuck another brief kiss on her lips.

 

“Ehh! No fair, why do you always tease me?” The younger groaned and gave the older's stomach a little slap. 

 

Instead of responding, Mina put the cooked Korean pancake on a dish, scooped some more batter, and added it to the still-heated pan. 

 

After a moment of silence of Mina just cooking and Dahyun still hugging her from behind, the Japanese broke the silence, “is Satang still sleeping?” 

 

“Yup, still in dreamland.” 

 

“You should wake her up now,” she looked at the wall clock on the wall, “she has a photo shoot today for Vogue” She continued.

 

“Hmm, how about you? Don't you also have drama shooting today?"

 

"Not until afternoon, we'll be shooting for night scenes later so I might be able to go home tomorrow morning." The Japanese sighed in dismay, Dahyun rubbed her stomach in her shirt to soothe her and kissed her neck, "It's okay, baby. I understand. It's my off day today so I'll get to bond with the kids all day. And you will be back in our arms again tomorrow before you know it,"

 

"so just focus on yourself later and don't miss us too much, okay?" Mina just hummed at this, still sad she won't get to do their night routines and spend time with their children later.

 

"Are the kids still sleeping?” Dahyun asked breaking the comfortable silence that have settled between them. She then looked at the baby monitors installed in the kitchen.

 

Mina flipped the pancake and then looked at the baby monitors before responding, “Sato-kun is already awake and in the playroom, although Kana-chan was still asleep the last time I went to check. She seems awake now though.” 

 

Dahyun nodded, “Okay, I’ll get them. Maybe even let them wake the sleeping monster instead.” 

 

Mina could hear the evil smirk Dahyun had plastered on her face, “Planning to wake her on the wrong side of the bed, huh.” 

 

“At least she won’t be too grumpy if the kids did the waking up part.” The Japanese merely laughed, “Okay you do that, I’ll be finishing this up.” 

 

“Breakfast in ten, hmmkay?” Mina continued as she felt the Korean’s arms drift away from her body.

 

“Roger that, boss!” 

 

With a chuckle, Mina muttered under her breath, “What a dork!” 

 

 

 

 

Dahyun knocked three times on the door before opening it and walking in.

 

Even though her children do not even have their understanding of their surroundings yet, she still knocks first on their doors to nurture the importance of consent and privacy.

 

“Good morning my little princess, you’re awake now, huh,” Dahyun said soon as she saw the infant already trying to roll on her back. She went near the crib to reach out then gently lifted and carried the 6-month-old in her arms.

 

The baby giggled and mumbled incoherent words as she reached her tiny hands to touch her cheeks. “Aww, you're so cute my little baby boo boo washa shu ajujujuju.” 

 

Dahyun baby-talked and peppered the baby’s face and neck with kisses. 

 

The infant whined spouting angry noises now, "What... You're still a baby and yet you don't want your Eomma's kisses anymore?" Dahyun stopped then fake cried and the baby giggled again in return, slapping her mother's face repeatedly in joy.

 

"You little devil you, you find Eomma's misery funny, huh." The baby giggled, even more when Dahyun tickled her sides.

 

The Korean sighed and booped the infant's nose, "Yeah, be thankful you're cute." 

 

Dahyun started to walk out the door carrying the baby in her arms, "You wanna wake up your Okaa-san, huh? Wanna wake up Kaa-san?" She talked to little Kana with a smile, "Let's go see your Oppa first, okay? Then we'll wake up Okaa-san."

 

When she reached the door to the playroom, she again knocked first before opening the door.

As she entered, she saw a little boy running to greet her. "Hey there little bud, good morning." Dahyun crouched down and greeted her child with kisses all over his face.

 

"Noooo Umah!" The boy also whined and Dahyun stopped to fake cry again, "My children why do you hate me so much? It hurts you know." 

As Dahyun was still making sad noises, she felt hands on her cheeks, "Sowwy Umah, Sato kiss Umah so no more boo-boos" 

 

"Hmm, okay you kiss Eomma here, here, and here for boo-boos to go away." Dahyun smiled in triumph as the little boy messily kissed her on the parts she pointed to.

"Boo-boos go away!" Sato said after kissing her mother, D

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter