Aeri is here!

Trinity

There’s a field of peonies, the air carries a strong citrus smell that seems to catch --overwhelming, and strangely familiar. The warm, slowly smoldering weather prickled against her skin, sweat trickled down her neck. Her breath slow, her heart thumped with scattered and uneven like the unsure first steps of a child. 

Still, she continued in the pursuit of her destined place.

She stares down at her hands. Pale, small, delicate--clutching a basket, filled with various desserts her nanny made. Her long hair was tied into a neat braid--she was quite a young girl, wearing a deep yellow hanbok. She’s going on a date with two people. 

Two young men, who were currently wrapped in each-other’s arms. One who could be described as a flower amongst weeds, one who made her blush at the sight of his beauty. The other was handsome like an action star, one who made her heart race when graced with his million-watt smile.

Those good-looking men were tongue-tied, lip-locked. Both fighting for control, both losing to the other’s lust.

Both dressed in hanboks as well, tumbling against the plush field of flowers, mewling and giggles could be heard. The sight of them brought a grin to her face that seemed to sparkle like a dozen stars.

Seeing them call her name, she began to sprint towards them, screaming proudly, “Minnie-Ya, Tae-Ya! Aeri is here!”

Her heart raced faster, pounding against her chest as she desperately--the distance between got bigger, her chest felt stuffy, itchy. It was suffocating, but she had to meet them...she had to see them.

Her beautiful boys.

No matter what.

Her small, feeble body felt sluggish--her heart gives one last harsh thump before stopping.

She dropped to the grassy ground below her--her eyes glassy, her cheeks flushed.

And there, amongst the flowers, she took her last breath.

“Aeri-Ah!”

“Noona!”

The last thing she could hear was crying, pleading for her to wake up.

Bae Joe woke up, sweaty and broken down in tears inside her Seoul Apartment.

The woman, the same men. The same dreams like etched memories on her mind.

And every time, eventually, she dies as that beautiful woman with skin as white and clear as milk, looking like a heroine from a web drama.