Final

You Are My Best Part

 

"Unnie, I will pick up you a bit late because I am going to get my motorbike. The mechanic said its done" Eunji tells Chorong as she sent her to work.

"So we are going back by motorbike? Okay. But please be careful" Chorong said as she kissed Eunji's cheek. Eunji nodded.

"I love you unnie" Eunji said as she kissed Chorong. "I love you too baby" Chorong said before she get out of the car. 

                             

                                 XXXXXXXXXX

 

"Bye Rong unnie" her colleagues said as they saw Chorong is still waiting for her wife. 

"Eunji is late today?" Bomi asked as she saw Chorong. She came to pick up her wife, Naeun, Chorong's colleague. Bomi is Eunji's best friend since college. She's the one who introduced Chorong to Eunji.

"Yeah. She went to get her bike. But it's kind of weird. She never been this late" explained Chorong as she checked the time. She does feel something unsettled but she tried to ignore the feeling.

"It's okay unnie. We can wait together" said Naeun who is standing beside Bomi.

"There. She's here unnie" Bomi informed before she can reject their offer. Bomi pointed to a rider at the traffic light. They can easily spot Eunji because of her motorbike colour. Chorong smiled as she turned to pick her stuff. But suddenly she heard a big explosion and she saw Eunji is flying in the air. A car just crashed into her. Bomi and Naeun who saw the incident immediately run to Chorong who already dashed to the scene. Eunji is lying unconscious and her body is covered by blood. 

"Please be save baby" Chorong cried as she keeps holding Eunji's hand. They are on the way to the hospital.

Chorong falls to floor once Eunji is pushed to the operation room. Bomi and Naeun who just arrived helping her to sit on the bench. 

"Eunji will be save right?" Chorong asked as she squeezed Naeun's hand.

"She is, unnie. She's a fighter" Naeun answered as she also tried to calm down herself. Bomi on the other hand is busy settling the registration.

Chorong goes straight to the door once the light is off. 

"Thanks God. She's stable now. She's lucky because she did wear her helmet properly. However she did broke her two ribs and fractured her bone from the thigh. You can see her once she's being transferred to room. But she might need more time to awake. Be strong... For her and yourself" explained Dr Kim as she patted Chorong's shoulder. 

"Oh my God. Thank you God" Chorong feels so relieved. 

"Unnie let me send you home to change. Then we will be back" Bomi said as she pointed to Chorong's clothes that are covered by Eunji's blood. 

"Go unnie. I will stay" Naeun informed as she squeezed Chorong's shoulder to assure her.


                                    XXXXXXXXXX


"Finally I am home" Eunji said as soon as she entered the house. Chorong just smiled softly at her. She has been in the hospital for almost 3 months. She's only awake on the third day. 

"Thanks unnie for taking care of me for the past months. I am sorry for being a burden..." Chorong cut her by putting her finger on Eunji's lip. Chorong shakes her head. Her eyes started to fill tears. 

"Don't say that. To be honest, I feel so scared... I am so scared that I will lost you" Chorong cried her eyes out. For the first time since the incident she cried. She gently cupped Eunji's face and kissed her. Eunji slowly wiped Chorong's tears. She also cried. 

"I tried to be strong. I tried my hard to not cry in front of you since the incident but I can't hold them anymore. I love you so much" Chorong tells as she kissed Eunji. 

"We should be happy to be home not cry our eyes out" Eunji said as they stopped crying. They laughed at each other when they saw each other's swollen and red eyes. 

"Unnie I want to shower. Real shower" Eunji said as she entered the bedroom. 

"My baby must be feel suffocating for the past months" Chorong smiled. She pinched Eunji's cheek as she goes to prepare the bath. Eunji's cast on her right leg has been removed so she really can have a real shower. 

But she still need to use a wheelchair. She will be starting her rehab next week. Her stitches also have been open. 

"I still can't believe that you are going to have this scar for the rest of your life" Chorong said as she gently patted the scar on her ribs. She is helping Eunji to undress. 

"Hold me tight okay" Chorong tells as she lifted Eunji. Eunji did lost some weight. "Thanks unnie" Eunji said as she signals Chorong to leave. 


                                    XXXXXXXXXX


"Are you okay baby? You looks tired" Chorong asked as she cares Eunji's hair. Eunji looks so tired after the rehab. Eunji nodded. 

"I just feel so tired and it hurts a bit" said Eunji. She gently rubs her thigh. She hasn't use her legs for months so now it does hurt. She needs to try to walk before she can use the crutch. Chorong just pinched Eunji's cheek. 

"Rest. Call me if you want anything. I will be outside to do things okay" Chorong kissed Eunji's forehead. Eunji just nod. She feels so tired and sleepy. In second she falls asleep. Chorong smile softly as she adjusts the blanket.

"Baby... Wake up. It's already 6pm. You have been sleeping since 2pm" Chorong said as she sit beside Eunji. Eunji stirred but can't really opens her eyes. She feels dizzy. 

"Unnie. My head is spinning" tells Eunji as she opens her eyes. Her voice is a bit husky. She gently massages her temple. 

"Oh my god, your body is burning" Chorong said as she puts her hand on Eunji's forehead and palm on Eunji's neck. She immediately runs to get a towel, water and ice. "I am putting a wet towel on your forehead baby" Chorong informed. Eunji just nodded. 

"Namjoo, can you come check on Eunji? Her body is burning" Chorong called as soon as Eunji falls back to sleep. 

"She's okay and stable unnie. Might be because of muscle shock.. She just started her rehab today right?" explained Namjoo as she smiled. 

"Thank God. Thank you Namjoo" Chorong finally can smile. She's really worried just now. 

"I really love to see you and Eunji unnie. Both of you are totally opposite but you are really love each other" smiled Namjoo. "I wish we will have what you have unnie" continued Namjoo.

"I almost lost her months ago Namjoo. To be honest, I was scared...so scared to see her after the operation. Her body is covered by bandages and her cast on her leg. Really I don't want to remember that again. Only God knows how relieved am I once she wake up. Since then I promise myself that I won't let her sick anymore as long as I can. I can't live without her. She's my everything" Chorong explained. 

"I can hear your worried voice during the call unnie. Eunji unnie is selfless. She prefers to be in pain for you and others rather than hurting others. Sometimes I do hate her for that" Namjoo tells her.

"She is. She thinks about me everywhere she goes. Remember when she suddenly send a pain reliever for my foot. I don't even tell her about that but she really attentive. Maybe that's why my parents loves her more than me" Chorong smiled as she remembers the moments.

"Yeah. She is loved by all. Even my parents loves her" Namjoo laughed. "I am leaving unnie" continued Namjoo as she stands up.

"Hayoung loves you just the way she is. She's just like Eunji. Really shy to admit but she will show her love through her actions" Chorong smiled as she patted Namjoo's shoulder.

"Yeah...little Eunji" Namjoo smiled softly. She then bid goodbye.


                                    XXXXXXXXXX


"Baby...wake up..you need to eat. Then take your medicine" Chorong shakes Eunji gently. She checks her temperature and thankfully it has been dropped. Eunji slowly opens her eyes. Chorong helping her to sit and lean on the header. 

"Eat some. You can't take a medicine on empty stomach" Chorong gives a full spoon of porridge that she made earlier. Eunji eats only 2 spoons then she stopped Chorong. "I am full unnie" Eunji said. Chorong gives the medicine. 

"Sleep. I am here" Chorong assured Eunji. Eunji still staring at Chorong who are busy with her laptop on her lap. Eunji slowly grabbed Chorong's hand and put them on her face. 

"Why? Can't sleep?" Chorong asked as she started to close her laptop and put them on the side table. Eunji nodded. "I love you so much unnie" Eunji suddenly said as she kissed Chorong's hand. Chorong can't hide her smile. Eunji then move her head on Chorong's lap. Eunji is very clingy whenever she's sick. 

"What's wrong?" Chorong asked when she feel wet on her stomach. Eunji is crying. Chorong slowly turned Eunji's face and wiped her tears. 

"You are my best part unnie. Thank you for always be there for me" Eunji said while sobbing. Chorong can't stop her own tears. 
It's like their first confession. 

"You are my best part too Jung Eunji" Chorong said as she leaned to kiss Eunji but Eunji stopped her. "No unnie. I don't want to transfer any virus to you" Eunji said as she just hold Chorong's hand tightly. 

"Let's sleep. Be better tomorrow. We have many more years to come. I love you so much. You are REALLY my best part Jung Eunji" Chorong said as she put Eunji's head back on the pillow. She then lying beside and facing Eunji who are already staring at her.

"I love you too unnie. You are my happiness. You are my everything. You are REALLY REALLY REALLY my best part" Eunji said as she slowly closed their gap. Chorong gently kissed her forehead and they literally falls asleep while hugging each other.