i have to meet her.

meet me in amsterdam

I stare from afar. Feeling the vibration of the pounding speakers throughout my entire body. I hear every note and feel every beat. What I assume is the pre chorus starts and I feel stuck. My eyes never leave her. I was told there are four but right now I only see one. I only see, Her. I am spellbound by the way she moves, it’s so effortless yet so perfect. Her voice is hypnotic. And lord, her smile is something I would pay to see everyday. I unconsciously found myself smiling. who is she? I must know. 

 

Pulling me from my trance was my idiot twin brother. He’s complaining about how I told everyone I was going to the bathroom but kinda wandered off and ended up in front of the Sahara stage watching the “most popular girl group ever” as Jaden put it, rehearsing for their performance this friday. I was paying him no mind, all I could focus on was the one singing. Her voice was so beautiful, even though it’s just rehearsals, you can tell she’s giving it her all. I was mesmerized, so much so that I barely noticed my jackass of a brother still standing there. Growing frustrated he threw me over his shoulder and started to walk towards the golf cart that he probably stole, sitting me down and started driving back to our setup at the coachella stage. 

 

After about another hour of playing, we finally finished rehearsing our setlist for our performance this friday. It would’ve ended sooner but my bandmates Tommy and Manu just had to keep suggesting we play songs over again. I get that it’s a lot of pressure headlining the first day of coachella, but it’s not like we haven’t performed here before. They should just relax and try to calm their nerves. 

 

Finishing up, I spotted Jaden from afar conversing with the girls who were rehearsing. I wanted to go over and speak but for some reason my feet wouldn’t move. Come on now don’t tell me i’m nervous. It was unlike me to be nervous, hell I don’t think i’ve ever had a nervous bone in my body. Trying to build my confidence to go over there, I noticed that they were coming towards me. Holy ! Wait. wait. I’m not ready yet. I quickly turn around and try to make myself scarce but bump heads with my dufus of a brother. 

 

“Dammit, watch where you’re going”. I semi-scream praying to the gods that they-no she didn’t just witness my stupidity. Scolding him only earns me a small shrug and a little chuckle. Ugh, I hate him sometimes. I look at myself and notice my tragic state. I’m sweaty and stinky from rehearsals. I can’t let her see me like this, what will she think?  Before they can fully make their way over to us I make up an excuse to leave and basically sprint into the other direction. I run until I reach the car that brought me and the others here, hurriedly getting inside. After fully seated inside the tinted car, I look out the window and see Manu and my brother talking with Jaden and the girls. Jeez. Why am I all of a sudden such a coward. Feeling down I slump into the seat waiting for the others to enter the car so we can leave. 


 

Finally arriving home, I shower and get into some clothes remembering I have that meeting with my label later, and when I say label I mean my mother. Heading downstairs I see my assistant Ameila. 

 

“Of course the only time you’re ready and on time for a meeting is when it gets canceled.” Ameila says ironically. 

 

“Again. This is the second time this week”. I say, kinda wondering what’s going on with mom. 

 

“Well, she’s a busy woman”. She responds. “If you don’t need anything i’ll be leaving.”

 

“Wait...um I need a favor”. 

 

“I’m listening, and no I will not drive an hour and thirty minutes to the nearest dairy queen for a blizzard. Last time I blew a tire got lost and barely had any reception, it was the scariest moment of my life”. Ameila complained. 

 

“Yea yea but no, not exactly.  .  . can you do some research on the kpop group that’s performing at coachella this friday, I really wanna learn about them before the end of the week.”. I asked hoping she would just agree without asking questions. 

 

“Umm sure, mind if I ask why?”. Seeing my embarrassed face, she only laughed and gave a simple “nevermind, i’m guessing i’ll find out soon enough”.

 

With that she left after agreeing to have as much info about them as she could by tomorrow morning.


 

~~

 

Waking up the next morning I felt a slight ache in my shoulder. Sitting up I see a folder and my macbook sitting on the right side of my bed with a note attached. “Here is all the information that seems relevant about that kpop group performing friday.” I open the folder and there are 4 pictures along with certain information about each member. So their name is Blackpink. I’ve heard that name before. 4 members. Kim Jisoo, Kim Jennie, Park Chaeyoung, Lalisa Manoban. Under YG entertainment. Debuted in 2016. Very popular in Korea and internationally. Fandom called blinks. Well it could be worse. I look at the individual pictures and skim through the info, but immediately stop when I come across her. The one that captivated all my senses when watching her at rehearsals yesterday. She was so beautiful. Korean name Park Chaeyoung, english name Roseanne Park. of course her names are beautiful too. Continuing to read her profile I grow even more interested. I have to meet her.  





 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Although the reader is the main character, I want them to have a name instead of putting (y/n) everytime they’re mentioned. I'm stuck between Karson/Carson or Dior. help please.