Chapter 1

This youth is crazy

  He still couldn’t believe that he did it.to say taehyung was thrilled would be an understatement. For the first time in his life he had done something which was not by the books and was a spontaneous decision. The flight was gonna take-off any minute and he could hear excited chattering around him ,all the second thoughts had vanished and every ounce of his body was buzzing with adrenaline. He was playing the same voice in his mind again and again, “live tae...live”.

2 days ago
Walking through the aisles of a convenience store helping his mom with grocery shopping was not a typical teenage weekend. But who was taehyung to complain, it was not like he had an interesting life to get to or friends to hangout with.taehyung was what one would call,” the ideal child”.his grades were always perfect and was a top student.he was never the one to go to sleepovers or parties and the  one or two times he wanted to, his parents didnt allow it.he was an only child and his parents had high expectations on him and he had always tried to fulfill it.and now he was studying medicine aspiring to become a doctor.of course it was his parents wish but gradually he found out that he actually liked it.but he always knew he was missing out.he used to watch his classmates laugh,chat and play while he sat behind a book in the corner .and it was not because they were rude or anything nor was he bullied or teased for being a nerd.it was just because he wasnt brave enough to act on what he wanted to do.


“taehyung did u space out again?”,his moms voice woke him from his inner monologue and he looked at her through his glasses.


“no ma im just tired.did u want anything?”
After rolling her eyes his mom nodded a small no and went to pay for the stuff.while he was waiting ,he heard a loud laugh behind him and when he turned around he saw a boy probably of his age laughing at his mobile.he had a bright pink hair ,a colour he could never even fathom having,his mom would probably die of aneurysm if he dyed his boring brown hair.but the boy easily pulled it of and had a carefree look.as if the boy could feel his eyes on him he looked up at tae .now that he could see his features clearly he realised that the boy was really familiar but he couldnt exactly place him.


“holy ,scholar tae its you isnt it”,the boy exclaimed with a bright smile on his face.
“Uhh yes..hey?”
“You don’t remember me do u”?the boy asked.taehyung could tell that he was more amused than being offended. “its park jimin.ur same batch..high school”.
Taehyung then nods frantically then finally he remembered.”ahh..yess..its just u look so different..i remember u yeah...”he said sheepishly.
“Cant say the same about you tho..”.jimin said eyeing the glasses.”anyhow”he continued ”what are u doing these days ?”
“Mmm..nothing much”.he answered awkwardly.taehyung knew that jimin was being friendly and he was brushing him off but he really hated small talk especially with someone like jimin who was really wild and fun loving even back in highschool.just when he was thinking about  coming up with something to excuse himself his mom called him.


“Taehyung,what are you”..his mom then saw jimin standing next to him.taehyung knew that his mom was judging him outright by the way she dragged her eyes on his clothes and hair ,but she till put a fake smile on her face.”who is your friend tae”?.she asked him.


Just when taehyung was about to answer jimin beat him to it and introduced himself,”hello aunty,i am jimin..i used to go to highschool with taehyung”.he smiled at her politely.
“Ohh..what are doing now?”,taehyungs mom asked.
“I am majoring in arts aunty.”jimin replied.
“arts huh..taehyung here is studying medicine.he is a topper in his batch!”,his mom boasted..
“mom!!”taehyung hissed at her for being rude.but jimin didnt seem to mind it as he piped up enthusiastically,”wow..tae medicine huh..he was a topper in school too its really no suprise..but i aunty am really not the one for studying.i am really happy that finally a semester is over and i get to take a trip ..”
“with parents i suppose?”taes mom asked.
“Mom!!!”taehyung groaned.
“no aunty with friends”.jimin replied with an amused smile.he continued,”u know them taehyung..remember bunny and suga?”
Those names didnt ring any bells in taehyungs mind so he replied with an awkward no.
But jimin insisted,”come on taehyung bunny ?and suga my bestfriend....no?”
“no..sorry”he replied.
“Ahh k then i gotta go see you around ah tae...and aunty take a chill pill”jimim winked and left.


When he left a paper fell from his pocket and taehyung picked it up.but when he looked up to give it to him he was long gone.
“I am so lucky to have u as my son.people like him just fend off his parents and cause trouble”,taehyungs mom huffed.the  rest of the walk home taehyung blanked out his moms rantings and and thought about the paper burning in his pocket.