fin.

Wow!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yerin’s POV

 

Never in my whole 24 years of living on Earth did I expect to have a favorite word, and it’s all because of that girl I saw at the public library two years ago.

 

I just don’t get why she had to look so captivating while reading a book? Can’t she see that it’s distracting others who are trying to study? Can’t she see that she was making my life turn miserable?

 

Flashback 

 

I was making my way towards the public library near our school. I prefer going there because I have access to more information plus I get to avoid my stubborn batchmates who keep pestering me to go out with them. 

 

“Good morning, Mrs. Park.” I greeted the librarian who in return gave me a motherly smile. She knows me quite well, probably because of all the hours I spent burying my nose in the book while I was at the library.

 

I sat on the usual spot I study on, near the corner of the library, where I feel like I have my world, shielding myself from the cruel society.

 

I leaned back and stretched my arms after I dropped the book I was holding. I looked at my watch and my eyes bulged out when I saw how late it was. I was so immersed in reading that I lost track of the time. I packed my things quickly and was about to stand up when a girl caught my eyes. And all I could say was,

 

“Wow,” I let out a gasp when I saw her, she just looked so beautiful.

 

She had a sharp nose, long eyelashes, a cute pout on her lips and there was a slight frown on her forehead as she focused herself on studying. There was this black Louis Vuitton scarf around her neck which made her look extra soft and fluffy.

 

I don’t know how much time I spent staring at her with my mouth gaped open but I do know that I looked like a lovesick fool when she caught me staring at her and I swear. I swear that she smiled at my foolishness.

 

‘Did I just call myself a lovesick fool?’ I thought, my eyes wandering around from the number of thoughts entering my brain. I can’t possibly be in love with this stranger. I mean I just saw her for the first time today, it’s impossible to fall in love that fast. Unless it’s love at first sight?

 

I shook my head to get rid of all my random thinking and took a last glance at the beautiful stranger girl. I swore in my whole life that it will not be the last time I will see her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I was right, it wasn’t the last time I will see her. The day after that I saw her sitting on the same spot at the same library. She was looking as gorgeous as ever. I felt how my smile went to my ears from how glad I was. I must admit, it was a bit weird because first of all, I am a nobody to her and she’s also a nobody to me.

 

‘Or is she?’ My subconscious argued with me. 

 

But this time I would make sure to at least get her name. Just her name, I’ll accept it if I don’t get her number. I just want to know what beautiful name does a beautiful girl has. I hesitated for a while, thinking If this was a good idea to do but that soft smile she gave me yesterday gave me courage. That may be, she’s interested in me too.

 

‘Stop being a coward Jung Yerin and let your inner girl crush out!’ I encouraged myself as I held up a fist in a form of support. 

 

Little by little, I made my way towards the table she was at. It was only a few steps away from the entrance but the walk I took felt like it took longer.

 

‘It’s not like you’re going to ask her to be your girlfriend, Jung Yerin. Why are you acting so cowardly?’ 

 

After what felt like hours that turned into days, I finally got to the girl. She looked up from her notebook and met my eyes. I swear I thought I would melt. I wasn’t able to see her whole face last time but I was aware that she is a goddess but seeing her face to face is different.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter